UnevenEdge

Cowboy Bebop now on Toonami Marathon Stream (4/3-4/7/17)!

For its 19th Anniversary, Cowboy Bebop is playing on the Stream! Sure we'll only get to see Episodes 1-5 now through Wednesday night at 8, followed by 6-10 after Pre-Flight through Friday night at 8, but it's better than nothing! (Plus it's also the first time I'll be able to listen to it on my new Bluetooth Speaker!

Hopefully since AOT S2 is coming 4/22, we get it the week after next, but they stream episodes 16-20 Monday-Wednesday night, and episodes 21-25 Wednesday night-Friday night! That would make perfect sense, but we all know [as] isn't really in the business of making sense. Case in point, they did well for Kill la Kill, but blew it for SAO 2.

(Not to mention the asinine Rick & Morty stunt over the weekend...)

Do these things ever go beyond episode 10 or do they do that the next time it streams? I remember they were doing the whole series in a week a few years back! Interesting that they still are hanging on to Bebop. It would be cool if we get one more television run of those HD tapes before their deal runs out.

It's not so much not making sense as much as one unfortunate truth: Nobody really cares about the marathon stream. At least, not enough people to get them to play GiTS in HD.

Also, anyone who wants to catch up on AoT will likely do so without ever knowing this thing's existence.

It's not so much not making sense as much as one unfortunate truth: Nobody really cares about the marathon stream. At least, not enough people to get them to play GiTS in HD.

Also, anyone who wants to catch up on AoT will likely do so without ever knowing this thing's existence.

That is somewhat unfortunate but also rather accurate. Most people who watch Pre-Flight probably watch it live on the live stream. However, there HAVE been bright spots when they actually had a viewer counter on there, including almost 500 people watching the Kill la Kill marathon at one point last November, and a weekend Toonami streaming at about 700 viewers last July before the stream inexplicably went down.

Also, the viewer counter didn't count app streaming. That might be a bit higher!

Geez did it really top 6 digits? Jack's premiere topped 5 IIRC.

If they are the rights to do it I would highly recommend they stream all of season one of Attack on Titan and make a big deal out of it when they do like they did with Samurai Jack. Just quietly streaming it on the Toonami stream isn't gonna cut it.

I still don't understand why they don't at least produce pseudo-topicals for the weekly marathon on the Toonami stream and air those during Toonami!

The Toonami crew focuses mostly on the television block, and completely neglects the stream.  Before they make any topicals for the stream, they would need to manage it a bit better and make sure that it's taken care of.

The Toonami crew focuses mostly on the television block, and completely neglects the stream.  Before they make any topicals for the stream, they would need to manage it a bit better and make sure that it's taken care of.

Maybe, but every now and then they do something that makes a little bit of sense.

Somehow I believe, for example, they'll pull out JoJo episodes 11-20 next week leading up to the series finale 2-fer next Saturday night!

But for tonight and tomorrow we've still got Cowboy Bebop episodes 1-5, so enjoy!

Maybe, but every now and then they do something that makes a little bit of sense.

Somehow I believe, for example, they'll pull out JoJo episodes 11-20 next week leading up to the series finale 2-fer next Saturday night!

But for tonight and tomorrow we've still got Cowboy Bebop episodes 1-5, so enjoy!

Yeah, and the Cowboy Bebop episodes they're airing aren't even the old edited ones.  And I'm SO CLOSE to having a complete set of Bebop with the old Adult Swim edits, too...