UnevenEdge

[as]/Toonami options without cable?

Yayy another potential cord cutter..

Anyone here familiar with what's available (or what isn't)? Most of [as]-proper seems to end up on Max right away, right? Might not all stay there forever (sad to see Xavier isn't listed anymore..) but honestly, who has time for rewatches. (such a shame the [as] app doesn't take Max as valid login credentials...)

So I could maybe keep up with the few good things left on that front. But, Toonami? Does what gets picked up also get streaming rights there? Or am I left cherry-picking other/anime streaming services to keep up?

I knowwww, I could just pick one or two services and have all the content I'd ever want to watch.. but I still like the idea of retaining some connection to the block. But, kinda first thing to look at when finances need tightening.

Eh, worth a shot. I know Demon Slayer was obviously available long ago on Hulu, and did see a few other Toonami picks on there at the time.. I don't really care about One Piece so missing out on that won't be a bother, and Naruto is ending. Crunchyroll seems to have a lot of crossover, what with generally picking from their library, I think?

Aside from the obvious Crunchyroll and Hulu, which would obviously be the two services for anime fans to flock to, we also have HiDive for Made in Abyss and Lupin III, Retro Crush for the 80s junkies, or even Tubi if you're brave enough.

But nowadays? We live in another era of uncertainty for Toonami, where the back half will lose Naruto within months, Attack on Titan has ended with MHA following sooner or later, and Williams Street originals are actually doing well. So anything goes, I guess.

31 minutes ago, Mr. Idea Box said:

Aside from the obvious Crunchyroll and Hulu, which would obviously be the two services for anime fans to flock to, we also have HiDive for Made in Abyss and Lupin III, Retro Crush for the 80s junkies, or even Tubi if you're brave enough.

But nowadays? We live in another era of uncertainty for Toonami, where the back half will lose Naruto within months, Attack on Titan has ended with MHA following sooner or later, and Williams Street originals are actually doing well. So anything goes, I guess.

Ugghh. They're moving MiA around? Oh, wait.. now that I think about it, I did have trouble re-watching that one. Movies were up on Hulu at the time, I think, but I remember having to use the [as] app for season 2.

Will definitely need to keep that in mind if/when new content comes out (next year at the earliest probably.....).

• 2 weeks later...

So, basically just checking where I might find currently running dubs.. it seems like having Max and Crunchyroll is all I'd really need to mostly replicate the block.. unless searches are misleading and releases are way behind or something..

But also feels like we're about to jump into a very uncertain time.. Naruto ending (though I had no intention of going out of my way to watch that on my own), Lyco looking pretty short and nearly wrapped up, Kamui doesn't seem like it has much more left in it. We've got one new show running, but hardly seems like an anchor show..

Maybe just need to take the plunge, tho.. gotta find somewhere to save a few bucks..

Economically, the best value is pirating. There's no shortage of sites that upload both dubbed and subbed episodes within a day of their release. And if you're wanting to watch live, it's not too hard to find a stream for it.

Alternatively, call the cable company and tell them you want to cancel. They'll send you to the Retention Wizard who can give you a steep discount for the next 1-2 years. Proceed accordingly depending on the wizard's offer.