UnevenEdge

This Digital World

tsar4

"In a world" where everything is (or should be) instantaneous for certain things, I find it annoying that the business world is still gaming the system.  Bills come through immediately, even on weekends.   Payments go through immediately, even on weekends?  Credits?  Sorry, it's a weekend so you have to wait until Monday.

I goofed, but in my defense, the website had font smaller than you're looking at now and a lot of dead space.  It said I owed $XXX.XX  In the payment dropdown I keyed what I thought was $XXX.XX.  Yeah, I should have zoomed into the window to try to see exactly what was in the entry, but who expects it to miss the decimal point?  Why does the website not check for overpayment or ask for a confirmation?  

Imagine my shock when I get an email from my charge card that my charge of $XX,XXX.00 is over my limit.  I go back to the billing website and I now have a bill of -$XX,XXX.00.  The email for the bill says to call a number, so I do - someone picks up and hangs up immediately (I heard background voices briefly).  Recalls just ring, then ask to leave a message - but the phone number it says you're leaving it to is not the number you called.  Charge card (automated message) can't do anything until the actual charge goes through in 3 days.  Meanwhile they might not honor any future charges because I'm over my limit.  

I go to the office of the biller, wait for the office mgr. to show, he reverses the entire bill.  The billing account website shows the correct original amount owed.  Does it show up as a credit to my card?  Nope.  Even hours later.    It's digital, why would it take longer than the payment to show up?

• Sad 2

That shit chaffs my ass so hard, but I get it....it's really not always the institution that took your money, but the bank that doesn't release your funds back to you until they sure up things on their end....or how it seems....when they are good and ready.

I got double charged at Chilis....I watched the girl refund my money...it was a Saturday, I called Monday to see what was up with the credit, not because I needed the $40 but because I already know who is holding shit up.

My bank then says "we don't see a refund" I'm like I have the corrected receipt in my hand then they go would you like to claim fraud, I'm like NO, no fraud was involved, it was a missring, and she instantly refunded it...I just have to wait on y'all to put it back in my account.  So a week and countless hours on the phone, they unass my 40 bucks.

Oh and I forgot about when I went to Cali. I waited almost 2 months to get my deposit back despite the balance being refunded on my receipt....the bank just kept saying "it's pending, we can't do anything until it not pending" I'm like why, I can show you the transaction....nothing is pending on their end, they released it....it's y'all bullshitting.

Long story short, I just got a prepaid because green dot at least tries to refund your shit and has a thing called provisional credit where they just give you your money up to a certain amount and simply take it back if you are in the wrong.

Edited by André Toulon