UnevenEdge

“SKULL!”

A little animation history nugget that sparked my interest.

The people of Cartoon Network Studios are in the process of packing their $&!t and leaving to a WB space. Very unfortunate situation.

Notable people from the network such as Craig McCracken have taken the time to reminisce this establishment they practically helped build.

Within the first few weeks of CN having the building, not only was there some local hijinks with production crew over excessive spray painting in the halls; a familiar-looking flag was ordered to be taken down.

32231C3F-C8A0-4854-B95C-C5D6A5D7A4F5.jpeg.54e2b33962bd5451786eab53f454a3c5.jpeg

8D28E159-C83C-4AC6-8ED7-823EB0AA8D55.thumb.jpeg.1e5edeef60b3f0e4ebc06449398987ab.jpeg

Quite the story! Brian later corrects himself that the logo was designed by Linda Simensky. Still pretty cool.

I always thought the Skull thing originated right at the heart of Williams Street in GA. Didn’t know it was meant for California sights.

Edited by [classic swim]
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, [classic swim] said:

Lol.

5pm? I thought they were taking 6pm. Did they get another hour or is that a timezone thing? 

I assume this means it’s starting out with Dexter, Ed Edd n Eddy, Billy and Mandy and Courage. So they are hitting the ground running with this idea. I’ll bet that so long as things go well, B&M and Courage will take over fully for October. I think both have enough episodes to carry the entire month. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

5pm? I thought they were taking 6pm. Did they get another hour or is that a timezone thing? 

I assume this means it’s starting out with Dexter, Ed Edd n Eddy, Billy and Mandy and Courage. So they are hitting the ground running with this idea. I’ll bet that so long as things go well, B&M and Courage will take over fully for October. I think both have enough episodes to carry the entire month. 

I think it’d do good to throw in Dexter’s sister show at some point.

Dexter’s Lab & PPG naturally go well together with similar tone and style. Plus it’d be good timing with Craig’s revival still in development.

As for the 5PM thing... no clue. I feel like a big change in certain events would be announced more clearly than just dropping a new ident and not elaborating any further.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

Some people think Central Time is the default. Unfortunately, not all of us live west of Indiana.

Adult Swim has always listed things they do in EST which is why I thought it was weird. If it’s 5 EST that would put it at 4 CST which is crazy early for AS, even if they are just airing cartoons. 

• Like 1