UnevenEdge

Defending a Murderer

Mix

Most everyone has probably been in a situation where an asshole is friendly to you. They are a complete jerk to everybody, but for some reason you got a pass.

Everyone likes to be liked....so, when people go, "that guy is an asshole," you go, "nah, he's alright," knowing full well, he is not.

This is kind of like that, except not.

The conversation went...

- "Hey, remember that dick, Chris. Mac's guy."

- "He wasn't a dick, he was just awkward, didn't know how to deal with people. What about him?"

- "He's in prison for murder. Guy owed him money so he shot up his house, ended up killing a kid."

- "Jesus Christ.....what a terrible accident."

- "Accident?"

- "Well...yeah. 'Gimme my money' gunshots aren't the same as 'imma kill you' gunshots. He was just trying to send a message."

- "That's probably what his lawyer said in court."

- "Probably."

-"What the fuck is wrong with you?"

-"He made me feel appreciated!" :poophead:

2 hours ago, Mix said:

Most everyone has probably been in a situation where an asshole is friendly to you. They are a complete jerk to everybody, but for some reason you got a pass.

Everyone likes to be liked....so, when people go, "that guy is an asshole," you go, "nah, he's alright," knowing full well, he is not.

This is kind of like that, except not.

The conversation went...

- "Hey, remember that dick, Chris. Mac's guy."

- "He wasn't a dick, he was just awkward, didn't know how to deal with people. What about him?"

- "He's in prison for murder. Guy owed him money so he shot up his house, ended up killing a kid."

- "Jesus Christ.....what a terrible accident."

- "Accident?"

- "Well...yeah. 'Gimme my money' gunshots aren't the same as 'imma kill you' gunshots. He was just trying to send a message."

- "That's probably what his lawyer said in court."

- "Probably."

-"What the fuck is wrong with you?"

-"He made me feel appreciated!" :poophead:

• Haha 2

when i worked in recycling we had a guy like that. everyone who worked this site came to knew the guy and hated him, but he and i got along pretty well. the cops were real familiar with him, and he was always getting into fights with our employees. eventually one of our employees got into a fight with him and stabbed him. he said he thought he was gonna die, and the guy who did it did go to jail for attempted murder. I'm glad he survived, though. just a kind of funny story that this reminded me of

my ex's dad was like that, too. this guy was violent and mean, and a lot of people straight up hated him, but he really seemed to like me. not sure what it is with hardened criminals and the like that i get along with so well. my ex said i sounded like him when i talked about cops, so maybe it's about how we view authority. idk, but it's funny to me. maybe in a another life I'm a big time gangster. who knows lol

• Like 1

On 7/7/2023 at 8:01 AM, Lynnrael said:

when i worked in recycling we had a guy like that. everyone who worked this site came to knew the guy and hated him, but he and i got along pretty well. the cops were real familiar with him, and he was always getting into fights with our employees. eventually one of our employees got into a fight with him and stabbed him. he said he thought he was gonna die, and the guy who did it did go to jail for attempted murder. I'm glad he survived, though. just a kind of funny story that this reminded me of

my ex's dad was like that, too. this guy was violent and mean, and a lot of people straight up hated him, but he really seemed to like me. not sure what it is with hardened criminals and the like that i get along with so well. my ex said i sounded like him when i talked about cops, so maybe it's about how we view authority. idk, but it's funny to me. maybe in a another life I'm a big time gangster. who knows lol

It helps if you're blind.

Always helps to have a friend who can confidently tell the police they didn't see shit.

• Like 1