UnevenEdge

Sleeping just to go back to work...

Lasty

I have to be prepared to work a 12 hour shift all day every day.

And a relative I know has had to work even more alarmingly than that amount.

If you don’t have a college degree any fucking circus monkey could get if affordable, your humane conditions essentially amount to jack-shit no matter how hard you work to provide.

21 hours ago, [classic swim] said:

I have to be prepared to work a 12 hour shift all day every day.

And a relative I know has had to work even more alarmingly than that amount.

If you don’t have a college degree any fucking circus monkey could get if affordable, your humane conditions essentially amount to jack-shit no matter how hard you work to provide.

People are thermo-dynamic systems just like the rest of nature. The second law of thermo-dynamics states that you can't extract more energy from a system than you put into it; something will break down and it will not work. What do you call it when people try to use other people to make perpetual motion machines? Slavery? Like, no matter which or how many lies are used to keep people addled into submission...

In fact, money itself is an attempted violation of the second law of thermo-dynamics, and that's why there is so much civil unrest, it's why the entire planet is heating up. Literally.

Your work conditions are atrocious. I hope things take a better turn for you. :(

Edited by Lasty
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Neubauten said:

I have to wake up at like 3am for my dumb job, and I still almost never go to bed early enough to not feel horrible having to get up at that time 

Imagine an engine that's being used a lot...  Repeated overheating is not good. Tell your boss about the how the second thermo-dynamics also applies to people and demand better conditions, with MATH.

7 minutes ago, [classic swim] said:

Thank you kindly. Didn’t mean to lose my shit. Just one of those things that strikes a nerve.

I feel you. It strikes a nerve because your employer, and ultimately society at large, has taken too much from you. This is an appropriate reason to lose your shit and I take exactly zero offense.