Mulan Live action remake to be total unwatchable trainwreck

mochi

Disney announced that the movie is going to be

"a super girly extravaganza"

and

"will contain no songs"

what. -_'

meanwhile the  Aladdin remake is going to be okay

(they put out a casting call saying that they would only be casting ethnically Arabic actors and that the movie is in fact using the songs)

No thx to any Disney live action whatever remake.

I learned my lesson in that.

If you want to be basic and torture joorself go for it.

Or watch Once Upon A Time, another shitshow that I should drop but love the Evil Queen.  ::D::

Didn't Disney just make millions of dollars from a Beauty & The Beast remake that retained all the characters, music, and tone of the original movie? You'd think Disney would have learned, but the more I hear about the live action Mulan, the more it sounds like they're gutting the soul of the film.

Didn't Disney just make millions of dollars from a Beauty & The Beast remake that retained all the characters, music, and tone of the original movie? You'd think Disney would have learned, but the more I hear about the live action Mulan, the more it sounds like they're gutting the soul of the film.

they also replaced her love interest with a completely differen character who "hates her for the entire film until after he discovers she's female"

so they're basically doing it to erase the implication that her love interest is Bisexual (the character in the original movie falls in love with her while thinking she's a man, and doesn't fall out of love with her after finding out she's a woman, implying he's bi)

edit: the fact that Disney feels the need to retcon his existence also makes me worry that Disney never meant for him to come across as Bi....but as being a Gay character who was "cured of his Gayness" by "meeting the right girl", which would explain is initial rage when he found out she was a woman

(the romantic subtext definitely starts while Mulan is in drag, then He freaks out when he finds out she's a woman, then at the end he's just resigned to the fact that he's in love with her)