UnevenEdge

Aqua Teen Hunger Force Plantasm to debut on HBO Max February 8, and air on Adult Swim March 19

Jman

So no one watched the film besides me?

I guess everyone else is waiting for the airing on [adult swim] proper next month, but I give it an 8/10 if you're a fan of Aqua Teen, a 3/10 if you're not.

Spoiler

It is a textbook Aqua Teen plot, just blown up a bit.  The band has broken up, Frylock is doing tech support for Not!Amazon, Meatwad was working at an animal shelter till he was thrown out once he got caught living there, and Shake is a homeless bum.  Carl is a bit weird writing wise, bouncing between not giving a shit about the Aqua Teens to actually going out of his way to save Shake and Meatwad in the end of the second act.  

Oh, and the Mooninites are part of the framing device of them hacking into the film to fast forward through numerous parts that would have been beyond the budget to animate.

I guess the whole thing is supposed to come off as a spoof of reunion movies, with Shake refusing pointedly to learn a single lesson, the dynamics not changing any, and a punch out ending.  But do you want Aqua Teen to be any other way?  I don't think you do.

• Like 1

I watched it the other day.

Honestly I'm rather whelmed. It was great to see all those characters again and the concept took the piss out on lots of things but I didn't find it all that funny. I just hope Carey Means got paid well and gets royalties for it this time and for the upcoming season.

• Like 3