UnevenEdge

These "romantic comedies" sure seem to be based on disgusting abuses of power.

SwimModSponges

Watching this one now, lady is terrified of flying, thinks the plane is about to crash, and just starts telling the guy in the seat next to her literally all of her most private thoughts.

She goes to work the next day and it turns out he's her boss.

"How do you like the coffee?" He says. On the plane ahe said she hated it. "Its delicious" she says meekly. He chuckles.

One of her coworkers walks in and says they gotta go over numbers. On the plane she says thats code for blowing off work and getting coffee. So she's panicking and making excuses, boss gets real close and says "i think you should go do the numbers" and smiles like a jackass. She agrees, scene cuts to them drinking coffee. Coworker is like "do you think he knows?" Boss walks in and asks how them numbers are going. Her boyfriend comes in, she told her boss she doesn't love him, something about unsatisfying sex at work or something i wasn't paying attention to that part, but she definitely said he's terrible at eating pussy. So the boss starts asking him about their relationship and if they keep it professional at work. 

So she dumps her boyfriend and not 10 minutes later her boss asks her out.

She can not fully consent to this relationship with the power dynamics at play here. This is disgusting. 

I prefer Cole's law, but my point still stands. 

Disgusting abuses of power.

We watch Korean romantic comedies sometimes, those can be even worse.

There was this one, actually it was a whole goddamn television series, about a bunch of heirs and heiresses in a vacation home. The one dude thinks his dad sent him there to do business but it turns out he's dying and wants his son to find a lady.

Two separate people pretended to drown throughout the show and one of them also pretended to break her leg. Its like, goddamn. Whats with this constant manipulation? 

• Haha 1