UnevenEdge

Naruto Shippuden Episode 390 Discussion

I am surprised Neji's dad wasn't brought back to life, given all the other family members and masters, friends, comrades etc that got brought back etc.  I guess it is because the Cloud Village has the body and Kabuto couldn't get it?  He shouldn't have been able to get most of those other bodies either!

• Like 1

Just now, ben0119 said:

I hope this recycled footage of Hinata and they didn't blow all this animation budget on a damn filler recap.

Hmmm, that shot of her jumping in did seem like it was at least touched up a little, though I don't really remember exactly how it looked back in that ep, just that Hinata looked like she got some extra budget there looking extra shiny.

So this is the explanation for why we haven't seen Hanabi during the war?  She stayed at the village?  I guess the villages couldn't be left completely unprotected.  I thought she would look older by this time.  Looks cute though.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Hmmm, that shot of her jumping in did seem like it was at least touched up a little, though I don't really remember exactly how it looked back in that ep, just that Hinata looked like she got some extra budget there looking extra shiny.

That episode was a long time ago by now right?  But I don't remember exactly how the sequence looked and if this is the same one or not.  Doing a rotating shot of her like that was not cheap haha.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Eh?!

Yeah, apparently the anime added that one little glancing blow she got in compared to the manga. At least that's what I'd read back then that in the manga she never got in even a single hit on Pain compared to the anime where she did (not that it actually hurt him though of course). Though now I'm seeing some mixed responses about the manga in my google search...

Edited by DangerMouse

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

That episode was a long time ago by now right?  But I don't remember exactly how the sequence looked and if this is the same one or not.  Doing a rotating shot of her like that was not cheap haha.

Right? Heh

Also looked like some high quality color shading on her in the first shot where she jumped between them in slow-mo.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, apparently the anime added that one little glancing blow she got in compared to the manga. At least that's what I'd read back then that in the manga she never got in a hit compared to the anime where she did.

I don't recall exactly what happened in the anime to begin with.  Kind of weird this episode recapped it but glossed over it.  So Hinata jumped in and interrupted Pain, and got one hit on him?  So she basically stalled pain by taking a beating, but she didn't even land a hit in the manga?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

I don't recall exactly what happened in the anime to begin with.  Kind of weird this episode recapped it but glossed over it.  So Hinata jumped in and interrupted Pain, and got one hit on him?  So she basically stalled pain by taking a beating, but she didn't even land a hit in the manga?

Yeah, we saw in the anime she jumps in like that, confesses, and then keeps him busy for second or two and gets in a little hit. In the manga apparently it lasts a mere couple of panels where he just blows her away with that Push move right away after she charges at him and takes a few swings.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, we saw in the anime she jumps in like that, confesses, and then keeps him busy for second or two and gets in a little hit. In the manga apparently it lasts a mere couple of panels where he just blows her away with that Push move right away after she charges at him and takes a few swings.

Oh, ouch lmao.

• Like 1