UnevenEdge

Reported phishing attempt

1938_Packard

Clown said he was from Capital One and needed to "certify" my account.  Sure, just click the provided link and answer a few questions...

Puh!  I don't even have a Capital One account.  Also, he was too damned sloppy.  Capital One isn't going to send any solicitous e-mails from a ".edu" address.  What kind of tardo do these college poops think I am?  I hope there's a police knock on somebody's door soon.  I took the liberty of reporting it to Capital One's security department.

This says less about the scam artist and more about the fact that you open emails even if you have no idea where they are from or why you're getting them.

I'm almost willing to believe you're the type to check every mail in your spam folder.

I made a regular habit of spotting and reporting all phish e-mails.  I like the idea of getting people in trouble for shit like that.

This says less about the scam artist and more about the fact that you open emails even if you have no idea where they are from or why you're getting them.

I'm almost willing to believe you're the type to check every mail in your spam folder.

Well, sure.  It's the only time anyone wants to talk to him.

I made a regular habit of spotting and reporting all phish e-mails.  I like the idea of getting people in trouble for shit like that.

Oh, so you're a rat.

I guess this is also tantamount to you looking like one, living like one, foraging like one and growing the rat tail to complete the image.

If only someone would rat on you for evading your tobacco taxes.