UnevenEdge

Messy kitchen?

Sofa King Kule

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, Sofa King Kule said:

Most of that grime had been drying and crusting there for months.  That's not an ordinary wipe up job.

There is way too much shit on the counter.

Why do you not have a range hood?

And most importantly, why would you let your kitchen go like that for three months?! I clean mine daily.

2 hours ago, Clownhova said:

Sounds like a potential warning sign for hoarding disorder. 

It's part of why I was there.  It was an emergency situation because the landlord and the building inspector were threatening eviction unless the place was made habitable before the deadline date.  

3 minutes ago, Sofa King Kule said:

It's part of why I was there.  It was an emergency situation because the landlord and the building inspector were threatening eviction unless the place was made habitable before the deadline date.  

That's nice of you to help out. 

Do you know if the tenant is receiving professional help for the underlying mental issues, though? 

Because if not, the place will just get cluttered up again in no time.

16 minutes ago, Clownhova said:

That's nice of you to help out. 

Do you know if the tenant is receiving professional help for the underlying mental issues, though? 

Because if not, the place will just get cluttered up again in no time.

A local program for senior and disabled citizens provides weekly housekeeping service.  I'm helping him with the paperwork and seeing that he meets his appointments for it.

Luckily, he doesn't have a lot of furniture and so, mopping his floors, throwing away obvious debris and keeping the bathroom and kitchen presentable should not be a problem, now that all the heavy work is done.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sofa King Kule said:

A local program for senior and disabled citizens provides weekly housekeeping service.  I'm helping him with the paperwork and seeing that he meets his appointments for it.

Luckily, he doesn't have a lot of furniture and so, mopping his floors, throwing away obvious debris and keeping the bathroom and kitchen presentable should not be a problem, now that all the heavy work is done.

I used to help a lady in my neighborhood with stuff around the house.

She has a lot of medical conditions, so I would help her clean and do yardwork for her. 

We convinced her son to move here to help out a few months ago but I still pop by from time to time to see how she's doing.

• Like 1