UnevenEdge

Does anyone here read DB Super?

In Flames

I watch Geekdom101 on YouTube and he covers the manga but I do not personally read it. I watched every single episode of Dragon Ball Super when it was premiering every week and saw Dragon Ball Super Broly in the theater when it came out. I really hope they do another run of Dragon Ball Super.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2020 at 12:16 AM, Mortir said:

I watch Geekdom101 on YouTube and he covers the manga but I do not personally read it. I watched every single episode of Dragon Ball Super when it was premiering every week and saw Dragon Ball Super Broly in the theater when it came out. I really hope they do another run of Dragon Ball Super.

Spoiler

I have just been reading the monthly chapters. I think this is by far the most plot friendly, lore cohesive arc we've had in DB since Freeza. Interestingly enough it's ironic that Goku finally found a use for the super size ability from yadarat.  He has never even mentioned learning it but with vegeta admitting it's existence and fact of having learned it there himself, it implies goku knew it all along as well. Or I'm entirely wrong and this new form is something different. either way there's another thing to take from this and that is Vegeta is seriously strong now and probably also capable of handling beerus. Goku easily, but I also think vegeta too.

22 hours ago, MoistDaddy said:

Care to elaborate? I think this is better than ToP

You claim you haven't read it, how can you judge it?

they made it appear that Vegeta was going to do something useful for once then the ultimate pay off is him just powersharing all the new shit he learned to Goku so Goku can still get the big victory

4 hours ago, mochi said:

they made it appear that Vegeta was going to do something useful for once then the ultimate pay off is him just powersharing all the new shit he learned to Goku so Goku can still get the big victory

I'm sorry, how long into the serialization of Dragonball did Toriyama introduce Vegeta as a character?

Vegeta isn't the main character. 

Edited by MoistDaddy
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Ric said:

No, I might eventually if they don't bring the TV series back.

The only thing I'm sure about is a sequel to the Broly movie. Twitter post from one of the animators a couple of months back. Interestingly enough, afaik the animation for future episodes of Super will be the same as the Broly movie, so fillers are probably out of the window, and it will probably receive the more traditonal 12 - 24 episode bi-seasonal releases. Thank fuck. So tired of this long running shounen format. That stuff works for kids and those into 'Big 3' type series. Dragonball is old, it's fanbase is old, we want quality. Personally I hope Tohei sticks to this because they mentioned shifting Super into this before.