UnevenEdge

Supposed Last of Us 2 leaks

Distinct Lunatic

So, apparently a disgruntled Naughty Dog dev went and leaked a ton of shit about the game, such as videos, text, and so on.

Reading about what's to happen in the game... I won't be getting it... at all. It is a shame cause I really liked the first one, and was planning on getting the 2nd one at some point. It doesn't help that you have Troy Baker urging people to go into it with an open mind, having no clue on if people will like or hate the game.

I found this on a facebook post about what to expect, obvious major game spoilers.

Spoiler

95118677_2684440388548439_5312584042154033152_n.jpg.7ce93f984bbb09c2354c401f0a78a88f.jpg

Them killing off Joel and setting up Ellie to be the villain of the next game. Them having it where you play as a MtF looking trans woman for the second half of the game, hunting down Ellie.

MtF.png.1f54d2db1c6f5efd3c046121d5a410cf.png

God this shit looks and sounds horrible as all hell. I'm sure the gameplay will be nice and good, but the only way I see myself playing this game is if it was on sale for less than $15 and/or if they did a PC release.

Imagine an original anime that had a very well-developed romance and a surprisingly happy ending achieved through 50 episodes of heavy subject matter.

Then give it a sequel focusing on the main couple's son that gives itself an even more convoluted plot that proceeds to squander said happy ending so bad it ruins the first series forever for the Buzzfeed commenter types.

And give it an OVA where the main character is forced to crossdress for a news story that he and his teammates are running away from for some stupid reason for good measure.

Granted, I wasn't as ass-blasted by AO's ending as others, and I honestly don't give two shits about The Last of Us, so my comparison isn't the most accurate. But considering the implications that LoU 2 squanders most of the good will from LoU 1, the comparison to E7 and AO is the best I can make with what little I have to go off of.

13 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

Imagine an original anime that had a very well-developed romance and a surprisingly happy ending achieved through 50 episodes of heavy subject matter.

Then give it a sequel focusing on the main couple's son that gives itself an even more convoluted plot that proceeds to squander said happy ending so bad it ruins the first series forever for the Buzzfeed commenter types.

And give it an OVA where the main character is forced to crossdress for a news story that he and his teammates are running away from for some stupid reason for good measure.

Granted, I wasn't as ass-blasted by AO's ending as others, and I honestly don't give two shits about The Last of Us, so my comparison isn't the most accurate. But considering the implications that LoU 2 squanders most of the good will from LoU 1, the comparison to E7 and AO is the best I can make with what little I have to go off of.

I think I just found my new favorite anime of all time, thx for the recommendation!

8 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

I don't think I'd ever finished AO but in comparison would it be like Gundam Seed Destiny? Because I could care less about that mess despite Seed's batshit crazy extended scenes in the movies, which I have yet to seen all of it. Also, looks like I won't be buying TLoS2 either until it's a pre-owned dirt cheap.