UnevenEdge

General Content Ratings Thread 2.0: Same Principle, Different Format

PokeNirvash

I dunno, part of me feels it's wrong to start doing clips for 16bit Sensation when Cinderella Girls U149's clips haven't been completed yet. "One seasonal line at a time" is my principle, at least until two sequels to previous series air in the same season. Then all bets are off.

Welp, we're finally at the start of a new page. To commemorate that, I'll be splitting what rating rundowns I currently have in the tank to post into two, as representation of my intent to go at this in smaller chunks. Right now there's ten shows in need of posting, and so I can comfortably split them between two posts. The second one will come soon, but for now, enjoy what I've got right here.

Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045 #24 - DOUBLE THINK (TV-14)

Spoiler

And to end this only partially satisfying finale to the new season - Section 9 lives, but Kanami's brief return remains wasted potential - we have two mentions of Patrick Huge's reported suicide (basically one mention with a repeat) and some debatable tension from Motoko pointing a gun at Purin for some time after awakening from her Double Think state. Profanity consisted of two uses of "hell".

MF Ghost #1 - The Challenger from England (TV-PGD)
MF Ghost #2 - The Shocking New MFG Generation (TV-PG)
MF Ghost #3 - The Kamaboko Straight (TV-PGD)

Spoiler

#1: SUGGESTIVE DIALOGUE: Ren's friend Wakana refers to her living arrangement with Kanata as "shacking up with some half-English guy". Later, prior to the start of Kanata's qualification run for MFG, Tanaka the announcer raves about MFGA Seven's (also Ren's) curves, to which Aiba (who has a crush on her) angrily admonishes him (to himself) for "creeping" on her. (Not like he's any better, for how bad a simp he is for Seven...) Profanity consisted of four uses of "hell", two of "crap" and one of "damn".

#2:  Profanity only this time. Two uses each of "hell" and "damn" and one each of "crap" and "dumbass".

Note how the transition between act 1 and act 2 makes it seem like Aiba's pissed at Kanata for being on a first-name basis with Ren/Seven.

#3: SUGGESTIVE DIALOGUE: One of Aiba's theories as to why Seven went and slapped Kanata like it was the 94th Academy Awards (too soon?) is that he "grabbed her butt" before he started his qualification run; Ogata notes that Aiba is clearly "projecting". Later, while getting all simp-like at the thought of getting smacked around by Seven on the daily, Kanata notes that he's acting pretty "heitai", to which Ogata corrects him that it's "hentai" (meaning "freak"). Profanity consisted of just one use of "hell".

Rizelmine #12 - The Door to Adulthood! First Time Reaching C!? (TV-14DL)

Spoiler

SUGGESTIVE DIALOGUE: Ryunosuke reacts to Kyoko briefly showing off her bikini-clad breasts by freaking out over the too-close sight of "full, adult breasts" and runs away. (Typical lolicon behavior. ¬¬) Later, during the race when her glasses come off, she swims back to land with an also-behind Ryunosuke in tow, with obvious intent to take advantage of him while he's unconscious. But despite voicing her intent to "awaken him with a kiss", Aoi steps in to stop her from molesting her crush. After she embraces him in gratitude for kissing her (read: performing CPR), Tomonori tells Rizel not to go hugging him "with that flat chest of hers". The 30-second version of the preview advertising season 2 has Rizel, thinking the show's over, mull about being unable to "become ladylike and get big breasts".

HONORABLE SEX MENTIONS: Oh, and Kyoko was topless during her glasses-off near-molestation scene. Her top came off during the race, as initially noted through the periscope of the Papas' private submarine, but every scene after that, from her mad dash back to land, her brief bout of unconsciousness after running into Ryunosuke (who stayed knocked out), and her battling with Aoi all avoid baring her boobs, her Godiva Hair providing integrated censorship. Something that I have a feeling will be done away with come the start of season 2...

Profanity consisted of one use each of "shit", "damn" and "hell".

Ms. Vampire Who Lives in My Neighborhood #7 - Summer Break Spent with a Vampire (TV-14)

Spoiler

A mix of nonviolent bloody imagery - Ellie's "at-the-beach-at-home" setup involving filling a particularly big kiddie pool with the stuff then innertubing in place, and the red stains left in the penguin-shaped shaved ice machine Akari used to prepare a cup for Sophie to try looking like a murder scene - and mild sexual content - Akari disrobing Hinata ahead of sticking her in a yukata, her blouse pulled up onscreen but the clothes flying off from offscreen, and Hinata having a brief nosebleed at the thought of Akari "staying by her side forever, without ever getting a boyfriend". Causes for concern compounding into something on a higher level. Many such cases!

Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead #7 - Truck Stop of the Dead (TV-14DLV)
Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead #8 - Sushi & Hot Springs of the Dead (TV-MA)
Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead #9 - Treehouse of the Dead (TV-MA)

Spoiler

#7: SUGGESTIVE DIALOGUE: The group dining sequence at the beginning of the episode has a fair amount of sexual banter, ranging from horndog curiosity like one of the Cosgies asking another if "nailing a zombie" would get you infected, to flat-out misogyny in the form of Kosugi reacting to Shizuka's beer chug by remarking that "there's something else I want you to swallow" with a lip lick for emphasis, then directly telling her that letting him "fondle her tits" is all women are good for. On the more matter-of-fact and clinical side, Shizuka's partially tragic backstory involves her sperm donor (because like hell he deserves to be considered her father) telling her that "marriage is a means for peers to reproduce". INTENSE VIOLENCE: A zombie accidentally smuggled into the truck stop attacks the Cosgie that frees them by biting them in the shoulder, resulting in a chaotic panic of zombie violence, the on-screen featured instances including a middle-aged man bit in the shoulder, another Cosgie bit in the abdomen, and a woman getting ambushed with a bite to the neck from behind, with an in-the-moment blood splash. There are also mild body horror elements, like the smuggled-in zombie missing some skin from his cheek, and a zombie chef having a bulging mass coming from its back. And earlier there was a zombie with a gash in its side eating from the abdomen of a felled human, blood being present there. PROFANITY OF THE MOMENT: Shizuka calling Kosugi a "gross shithead" for his earlier remarks, this being the only instance of an S-bomb in the entire episode. Other profanity consisted of four uses of "damn" and one each of "crap", "hell" and "sucked".

#8: Long story short, there were loads of violence waged against zombies this episode, most of which serve as a means of showcasing group newcomer Beatrix Amerhauser's combat capabilities. Naginata bisections, stomach slashes, beheadings and at least one vertical slice starting from the chest, and with fountains of technicolor blood to boot. In fact, if it wasn't all technicolor and any more graphic than that, this probably would've gotten a descriptor or two. Also of mention (just in case I decided to rate the episode 14 on a whim) is the nudity; Kencho's typical distraction-based nudity with scribble-censored crotch, of course, but also some mild nudity from the others during the hot springs half of the episode. Of note being Beatrix, who earlier voiced her fears that her chest might spill out of the men's robe (which could actually contain it, unlike the female equivalent), casting it off after her nerdy (and partially sped up) explanation of the joys of mixed bathing. While her nudity was covered up by the robe's sash, the nudity of the women in the traditional illustration accompanying her explanation was left uncovered (albeit without nips and the crotches mostly covered up). Profanity consisted of two uses of "damn" and one each of "ass" and "hell".

#9: I decided to play a game of "guess the MA set" with this one. An untrained viewer who knows that certain attitudes in public society are problematic would assume that the goals for Kanta's variation on the eponymous bucket list of the dead offered up by two of his sycophants - the fat one's desire to "force his tongue down a girl's throat" and the token middle-aged guy wanting to slap his wife - would be the triggers. But no. Slap yourself for even assuming those aren't TV-14 level. The real MA set, which I was waffling between identifying as such or a CFC I could get away with a 14 on, was the flashback to the zombie outbreak starting in the tunnel to Akira's hometown, in which the one guy's transformation into a zombie involves his arms bloating and morphing Cronenberg-style and pointed bones sticking out from his skin. Exposed bone in the context of gore is always under consideration for an MA. Or being left in the SyFy cut of the episode, if MD Geist II can attest to anything. Profanity consisted of one use each of "damn", "hell" and "bitch"; the latter word being used in reference to that one guy's wife.

Oh yeah, the dashes are new, too. The extra colons were getting old.

Edited by PokeNirvash
Misplaced quotation mark. Also, I can't sww what the hell I'm writing in this box.

And now the rest of it.

Hypnosis Mic: Division Rap Battle: Rhyme Anima PLUS #1 - Revenge is a dish best served cold. (TV-14L)
Hypnosis Mic: Division Rap Battle: Rhyme Anima PLUS #2 - Side with the weak and crush the strong. (TV-14L)

Spoiler

It's back! And with the usual reasoning, too.

DEFAULT SET: Every episode featuring the OP sequence will earn itself a TV-PGL minimum, on account of Doppo's lyric, "I'm stuck here counting f***in' beans!" It's censored, unlike last season's "bullshit", so it works.

#1: Profanity consisted of seven uses of "hell", four of "shit" and one each of "fuckin'", "crap", "damned" and "lame-ass".

#2: Profanity consisted of eight uses of "hell", three of "crap", two of "jackass", and one each of "fuckin'" and "damn". I almost gave this a TV-PGLV (the violence being a mix of bloodless rioting and confrontation and a flashback to one-ep wonder Chuji Furoido getting his cheek cut open during a particularly rowdy karaoke party) but decided to set it on the higher side. As fun as it would be to try again, I'm well past my "so-and-so edits and such" phase.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean #17: Enter the Drake's Dream (TV-MAV)

Spoiler

You know the drill with JoJo by now: shit gets violent, but sometimes the violence is so much on the esoteric side that it's hard to really quantify as either intense or graphic. And when it does get graphic, it challenges your description of what "graphic violence" even is. A real challenge for someone who thinks it's stupid to give a movie an NC-17 rating for violence. But sometimes, it comes down to a simple condition: what would Turner S&P do? What they would do is, they'd ignore some of the non- or less bloody moments that could constitute a lower rating but I included just in case it did get that lower rating, and focus on the blood and injury that happens throughout, regardless of if it's in-the-moment or after-the-fact.

So that's what I did. I made note of but ultimately didn't include the bloated drowned corpses, and Kenzo using Drake's Dream to detach his own arm for use as a weapon (and F.F. later experiencing the same). I made note regardless of Jolyne's wounds sustained from the battle with Westwood and the bird flying into the running air conditioner. I ultimately took stock in F.F. getting stabbed right through their upper lip with a broken pair of glasses, and their head being sliced open with a boomeranging bracket in the final scene of the episode. It's not perfect feng shui, but it follows the principle well.

Profanity consisted of six uses of "shit" (one as "shit-ton"), three of "fuck" (one each as "fucked" and "fuckin'", the last accompanying Jolyne's famous "obscene gestures from around the world" bit), two of "damn", and one each of "bastard", "piss", "hell", "badass", "freakin'", "bitch" and "asshole".

Fair warning about the clip for this episode: because Clipchamp tends to skip ahead a few seconds and freeze when your video's paused, all depending on where you stop after playing it for a while, there's a very real risk that the clip won't be trimmed to absolute perfection. Take the sudden cut-off at the end of this one as both an example and a cautionary tale.

SHY #1 - I'm Shy (TV-PGV)
SHY #2 - With All of My Heart (TV-PGV)

Spoiler

#1: While much of the titular character's heroics involved peril moreso than out-and-out fighting like the FV-level fighting intro sequence showing off the other heroes (minus Spirit's flask, which I'm surprised I didn't immediately log as a PG set), one scene brought the episode up to a respectable "moderate violence ahead" status: Iko's injuries from the roller coaster debacle. What's important is what Shy, and by extension us in the audience, sees after stopping the coaster car she was in: blood running down the side of her head and an additional stream running from her nose. Presented after-the-fact, but having solemn after-effects. For Iko herself, that means roughly a month spent comatose and having to walk with crutches (and as revealed in episode 2, a regular dosage of painkillers) after getting discharged; while for Teru/Shy, it means being so wracked with guilt between the perceived "failure to save" and public backlash that she has a heroic BSOD in the first episode and shuts herself in for part of it. And that's without mentioning the two times Iko's initial injuries get flashbacked to! Sometimes, descriptor designation is a matter of contextual understanding, as I've surely proven this year. No profanity, though one of the online comments shown onscreen uses "sucks" once.

#2: Injured Iko got flashbacked to another two times, on top of a lot of other violence involving her. The creepy blond boy serving as the series' villain who corrupts her into unleashing her self-hatred does so by literally putting a ring on her, the effects of which make Iko bleed from her left eye like she's crying, though the blood turns black by the time Teru gets back to her. Less bloody but still too distressing for unsuspecting younger viewers is the black crystal representing her heart bursting from her right shoulder, and the simple shattering of those protrusions by a touch from the creepy blond boy (whose name is Stigma, so you know) sending her keeling to the floor in pain. The bit where she almost stabs herself in the neck with one of her crystal-clawed fingers as atonement for her past trauma almost netted this episode a TV-14, since it was a suicide attempt with realistic ideation behind it, but as nothing was outright said in reference to it and Teru ultimately prevented her from carrying it out, I decided to keep it tame. (Remember, it's only a 14 set if it's something YouTubers who cover dark and disturbing subject matter would self-censor in their all-ages videos.) And then the fight climaxes with Shy taking multiple blows from a distressed and crazy Iko, though none of them leave any visible damage... until she starts taking multiple blows in succession in her last-ditch attempt at getting the ring off her, which in-the-moment are no worse than red scuff marks on her cheeks, but after-the-fact - after Iko is successfully saved, that is - reveals a trickle of blood from Shy's mouth.

The Rising of the Shield Hero #25 - The Rising of the Shield Hero (TV-PGLV)

Spoiler

MODERATE VIOLENCE: Believe it or not, the big battle starting out the first act between Naofumi's party and the trio of Glass, L'Arc and Therese was entirely bloodless. A flashback to a samurai guy from Glass's homeworld slashing a fish monster in two, however, wasn't. But the perspective of that scene was from the point of bisection, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. After-the-fact blood featured included the pool surrounding the narwhal monster from last episode, and a brief flashback to Naofumi and Raphtalia following their battle against the hellhound in episode 2.

Profanity consisted of two uses each of "crap" and "hell", and one each of "dammit" and "Bitch". Expect it to be capitalized if it's in reference to the character formerly known as Malty, though that'll have to wait until I start season 2.

Tokyo Vice #7 - Sometimes They Disappear (TV-MALS)

Spoiler

HBO MAX RATING: TV-MALSV

NOT-SO-GRAPHIC VIOLENCE: I'm slowly working my way there. I'm slowly working my way towards acknowledging the Max rating as the rating and simply enjoying the series without need to pause and write stuff down every time drops a profanity. But nothing's synced up just yet, and that's because this episode, despite having the graphic violence descriptor, didn't really have any violence I felt reflected the "pay cable advisory" style of the rating. There were corpses, and Jake's friend from high school did get his cheek cut by a Tozawa goon, but I wouldn't really count those, not when they were after-the-fact and merely intense respectively.

EXPLICIT SEXUAL CONTENT: What I did count, on the other hand, was the scene where Jake is shown having sex with a random prostitute. Obvious thrusting and riding, indicative moaning... Hardly any nudity of note on the girl, but we did see Jake's bare ass. (What channel does this show think it's on, FX?) But sometimes, that's enough. Even when later scenes show photos of female morgue corpses and Tozawa getting an injection in his ass (but not one administered anally).

Profanityy consisted of twenty-four uses of "fuck" (sixteen in English, five as "fuckin'", one as "motherfucker"; eight in the subs, one as "fuck-up"), nine uses of "shit" (eight in English, one as "shit-ton"; one in the subs); and one each of "pussy" (in English),  "asshole" (in subs), "damn" (in subs), and "ass" (in English). "Hot Slavic ass", to be precise.

Hopefully, this will mark the beginning of a more regular posting frequency. But as we all know, promises are rarely, if ever, consistently kept.

[kinky kunoichi nagoya file: coming winter 2024?]

Edited by PokeNirvash
Stupid impatient me forgot to include an entire entry before posting...

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/18/2023 at 6:55 AM, PokeNirvash said:

I dunno, part of me feels it's wrong to start doing clips for 16bit Sensation when Cinderella Girls U149's clips haven't been completed yet. "One seasonal line at a time" is my principle, at least until two sequels to previous series air in the same season. Then all bets are off.

So, I agree with this, but I also feel like you could take this logic further: why bother working on U149 when I haven't even finished screenshots for the OG Cinderella Girls? So I'm going to try and go back and do that, but at the same time, watching it at the same time as the ongoing Million Live! is going to feel awkward. Maybe I'll wait until the new year to finally finish the job. We'll see what happens.

And now, a quickie update:

The Idolm@ster Million Live!
Episode 2: "Auditions Are the Doorway to Dreams" - TV-PG
Episode 3: "Sparkling World! Our Theater!" - TV-G
Episode 4: "We're Putting On a Concert in a Field?!" - TV-PG

Spoiler

#2: Just Tsubasa saying that her Producer's methods of scouting her felt like she was being hit on. I'm not even sure if this counts, but given that, so far, this show has been all small-potatoes PG sets much like its fairy tale-themed sibling, I might as well count it.

#3: Nuthin'. Only a shot of Roco falling off a ladder in the next-episode preview gets close to a PG set.

#4: So about that preview... at first I wondered if this episode might get a PG set for peril, but ultimately, I didn't have to decide whether or not it counted because the end of this one features who I believe to be Rio talking about making sexy poses at the Million Stars' concert in the middle of a field.

Touhou Fantasy Kaleidoscope: The Memories of Phantasm
Episode 5: "The Flower Incident" [part one] - TV-PG
Episode 6: "The Flower Incident" [part two] - TV-PGS

Spoiler

#5: With no nudity in the OP, this show drops to what will very likely be its lowest rating. Here we have PG sets for inferred violence, such as Tewi making Reisen gulp down poison and Aya getting ambushed by Sakuya's time-stopping skills and subsequent knife barrage.

For this episode's clips, I opted to include the entire pre-OP segment, which features Eiki in Gensokyo looking at all the flowers and remarking how someone definitely needs to be lectured for it. Then, Aya makes her move to make news at the SDM.

#6: Three words: Komachi projectile boobage. Also, one use each of "damn" and "ass" from Suika, because a perpetual drunk might as well be a potty mouth.

This time around, you get to see this episode's... lacking subs, plus a bit of weirdly-framed exposition involving Yukari and Sanae.

Note for consistency: I didn't give this episode a V for its climactic scene of Marisa running into, and accidentally punching, Eiki, a la Anya punching Damien in SpyFam, because it was downplayed by a freeze-frame. I'm going to go back and remove the V from S1E17 of that show because the violence it contains is either the same as in this episode or, in the case of that scene with Yuri getting swatted away by Yor, too slapstick to count.

Next time, let's focus on killing that backlog. Iknow this is in complete defiance of last time, but it just feels right.

Edited by Blatch
Removed an indent in the response to Poke's reply.

Okay, maybe I haven't broken the old "wait a month to do anything" habit quite so thoroughly yet. But hey, at least I'm posting stuff, and that's what's important.

Hareluya II BØY #14 - Shizuka Momiyama (TV-14)

Spoiler

I was hoping this one would be a little higher, but as it turns out... not really. Despite having a reputation as one who "uses surgical scalpels to cut up" the faces of his targets, including high school age girls like Momiyama's younger sister, the Dissector doesn't do any real dissecting. Hell, the one who takes the most in-the-moment damage from his scalpels is Momiyama himself! He gets his cheek sliced by one of them as a demonstration of their effectiveness, even when made of metal detector-averse ceramic, and later takes a stab from one to the shoulder when acting as a shield to defend Shizuka, who the blow was meant for. That latter instance aided in the episode's 14 straight rating, alongside other bits like the humiliating situation the Dissector is put in after Hareluya defeats him - bound, gagged and naked, floating in a giant specimen jar labeled "Pervert" while the skull Hareluya pulled from his hammerspace for his finishing move is covering up his crotch - and Momiyama flipping up a random female passerby's skirt, white panties visible, as the ending scene shows off his joyous mood. Profanity consisted of two uses of "bastard" (one plural, the other saved for the preview, so no two-bastard rule this time), and one each of "sucks" and "dammit", and Hareluya calls Ichijou a "closet pervert" four times, once abbreviated to "perv".

Hypnosis Mic: Division Rap Battle: Rhyme Anima PLUS #3 - Happiness depends upon ourselves. (TV-14L)
Hypnosis Mic: Division Rap Battle: Rhyme Anima PLUS #4 - There is little success where there is little laughter. (TV-14L)
Hypnosis Mic: Division Rap Battle: Rhyme Anima PLUS #5 - As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live. (TV-14L)

Hypnosis Mic: Division Rap Battle: Rhyme Anima PLUS #6 - Friendship is a single soul dwelling in three bodies. (TV-PGL) :LithiumSmileySurprised:

Spoiler

#3: Profanity consisted of five uses of "ass" - all in reference to one of the new crews, Bad Ass Temple - two uses of "hell" and "dumbass" featured in the ED lyrics, one use of "hell" in-episode, and one of "shit".

#4: One use each of "crappy", "ass" and "shit"...

#5: ...one use each of "damn" and "fuck", with honorable mention going to the English-language use of "GIGOLO" on Hifumi's transformed mic that I just noticed...

#6: ...and two uses of "crap" (one as "crappy") plus one of "hell", plus another in the next episode preview. As the worst profanity of the lyric was the censored F-bomb in the OP lyrics, this episode meets the default, and provides us with our very first PG-level episode of HypMic.

MF Ghost #4 - Tire Management (TV-PG)
MF Ghost #5 - Teamwork (TV-PGDLS) :LithiumSmileySurprised:
MF Ghost #6 - The Tragic Rallyist (TV-PGDLS) :LithiumSmileySurprised::LithiumSmileySurprised:
MF Ghost #7 - The Man in the 4 Car (TV-PGDLS)
:headspinning:

Spoiler

#4: Two uses of "hell" and one of "damn", plus some mild male gaze directed at the pelvises of the MFG Angels during a brief dance sequence.

Before I watched this next one, I had nine recorded uses of the TV-PGDLS rating in my archives, only six of which were personally applied. Now, those numbers are twelve and nine, respectively. And it's also the first show to see three used both in general and in a row. All thanks to the in-universe fanservice of the MFG Angels.

#5: MFGA FANSERVICE: As seen in the video below (which, like the rest, are in the form of X-Twitter posts because this site, for some reason, won't let me upload MP4 files anymore), one of the MFG Angels, Moe, adjusts her hot pants after standing up from a long period of sitting, before changing the leaderboard. As she does, seconds after the clip's duration finishes, the cameraman zooms in on her butt, to which she playfully chides him for it while noting how self-conscious she is about it, all while teasingly shaking it. As Kyoko notes to Ren, "fanservice is an important part of the gig". Profanity consisted of eight uses of "damn" (one as "damned"), two of "crap", and one each of "hell" and "ass".

#6: MFGA FANSERVICE: This time, there are two "Angel Cam" moments. The first is the camera centering on Kyoko's breasts, to which she reprimands the cameraman Uehara in the form of asking that he point the camera up at her face. The second is when Mami goes up without fixing her hot pants wedgie first, resulting in one of her bare buttcheeks hanging out as she changes the leaderboard. According to Kyoko, she utilizes it as a means of gaining fans, and because of this tendency has earned the nickname "Butt Bongo Mami". Profanity consisted of two uses of "damn", and one each of "dumbass", "pisses" and "hell".

#7: MFGA FANSERVICE: When it's Ren's turn to make a change on the leaderboard, the Angel Cam is focused on her ass, complete with gratuitous close-up. This is met with cheers from the male fans, and a pair of female fans agreeing that she's got a "nice tush". OTHER SUGGESTIVE DIALOGUE: Koki Sawatari, one of this year's "Godly Fifteen" but one not participating in the current race, is revealed to have a "not illegal but not socially acceptable" type when it comes to the ladies: 17-year olds. He even gets an internal monologue about how much he loves that age, from the sound of the number to its embodying his ideal. Not as bad as Ryunosuke's thing for 12 year-olds, but no less worth the criticism and acknowledgement as objectionable content enough for a descriptor. Profanity consisted of four uses of "damn", two of "ass" (one as "wide-ass"), and one each of "crap", "hell", and "son of a bitch".

But really, though, what is the issue with the file uploader, lately? It's because I'm making these vids in Clipchamp now, isn't it?

Mob Psycho 100 II #1 - Ripped Apart ~Someone is Watching~ (TV-PGL)
Mob Psycho 100 II #2 - Urban Legends ~Encountering Rumors~ (TV-14DV)

Spoiler

#1: Another rare PG in a commonly 14 series, all this episode of Mob had was profanity and Reigen bleeding briefly after taking a daikon radish to the face during the Wiggle Wiggle fight. (Heh.) Said profanity consisted of four uses of "hell", two each of "damn" and "crap", and one each of "bastard" and "badass".

#2: SUGGESTIVE DIALOGUE: One of the titular urban legends investigated this episode by Mob, Reigen and local sorta-hack psychic Banshomaru Shinra is the "Red Raincoat", that spirit who kills you after offering you colored toilet paper. (You may remember him from episode 2 of Ghost Stories.) In this case, "Red Raincoat" turns out to be a totally non-supernatural flasher who, per his words, originally did it as a "weird kink" before the rumors about him grew to the point that he started getting off on the attention. He doesn't do any flashing this episode - part of the reason there's no sexual content subrating, despite us seeing his bare ass three times - but he's right away confirmed as one after Banshomaru's poor attempts at getting answers from two young girls lead them to call him out as a pervert, complete with the Japanese kid-marketed equivalent of a rape whistle sounded for effect. There's enough dialogue throughout this whole bit to justify the rating, though I saved the more interesting bits for last: Reigen tells Mob that if they questioned little kids about the legends "somebody might call the cops" (hence why they're using message boards instead), and after getting discovered, Red Raincoat claims that it's not as exciting to show what's "under the hood" to adult men like Banshomaru, compared to little girls.

INTENSE VIOLENCE: Red Raincoat tases Banshomaru multiple times with an electrified pointer stick, knocking him unconscious with a particularly vicious strike to the face. He later stabs the Dragger - the only legend that's an actual supernatural entity - in the chest, but to no avail. Later, when the Dragger fights a Dimple-possessed Banshomaru, she lands a hit on his shoulder, with bloody results, and the landing he makes afterwards snaps Banshomaru's Achilles tendon (no blood there). Finally, in minor blood loss, Mob is shown bleeding from his nose after he collapses during his attempted escape from "Dash Granny".

Profanity consisted of two uses each of "damn", "hell" and "crap", with two additional subtitled profanities in "crappy" and "frickin'".

Trapped in a Dating Sim: The World of Otome Games is Tough for Mobs #4 - Mind If I Go Easy on You? (TV-PGL)

Spoiler

Despite the central focus of the episode being Leon battling each of the five princes - technically, four of them, since the episode ends before his duel with Julius really gets going - and numerous mentions of the risk and possibility of death occurring abounding, nothing in the episode really suggested violence at or above the level of PG straight. Easily the most FV-level death battle ever.

Profanity consisted of three uses of "frickin'" (one as "freakin'"), and one each of "crap", "damn", "ass" and "piss".

Ultraman #20 - The Sign of a New Awakening (TV-14V)
Ultraman #21 - The Curse of Ultraman (TV-PGV)

Spoiler

#20: INTENSE VIOLENCE: Multiple dead civilians are scattered throughout the warehouse Shinjiro, Moroboshi and Taro arrive at to confront the alien responsible; the sight of the bloodied corpses is enough to remind Shinjiro of that time in season 1 he faced off against an alien from the same species whose tendril was shoved down a bloodied man's throat. And much like the time with the first alien, he slices off the alien's arms with his laser discs, resulting in green blood splashes from each limb, then punches a hole through its chest, leaving behind a larger blood splatter once the dust clears. Later on, the Specium Ray he uses while in autopilot mode against another rampaging alien causes a red blood splash, though the unseen casualties resulting from it cutting through multiple nearby high-rises is of greater concern and plot relevance. Profanity consisted of four uses of "hell", and one each of "damn" and "son of a bitch".

#21: As if any recapped footage of Shinjiro's collateral damage he doesn't even remember wasn't enough, this episode's violence comes courtesy of the fight between Shin and the alien known only as "the representative of the nameless victim" (or RNV for short, until his name gets revealed). While much of the melee blows in the battle were bloodless, the battle reaches a notably chilling climax as, while stopping an energy blast released by RNV from killing civilians down below, Shin gets electrocuted from behind by RNV, weakening him enough to be consumed by the blast, which then explodes. No explicit aftermath is shown, leaving some hope for the OG's survival, but even so, I don't blame Shinjiro for rushing into attack at the end. Profanity consisted of three uses of "hell".

I had four others I was going to include in this megapost, but this stupid fucking website saw fit to delete all I'd written for SHY and almost half of what I did for XENOGLOSSIA because I hit Ctrl+Z a grand total of one time. And I couldn't Ctrl+Y what was undone back onscreen. So those plus Elfen Lied and Kengan S2 will have to wait for tomorrow, it appears.

[zetsuboushita]

Edited by PokeNirvash
I also tried drafting up Elfen Lied and Kengan Ashura's sections ahead of time, but surprise, surprise, I lost those too because of the undo function. Fuck it, tomorrow it is.

And now here's the rest. Redrafted from scratch against my better judgement.

Elfen Lied #10.5 - Regenschauer [In the Passing Rain, or, How Can A Girl Have Reached Such Feelings?] (TV-MA)

Spoiler

Earlier this month was the first time I watched this episode, thanks to it not having been dubbed when I watched it the first two times, and I was surprised by how restrained the violence was. The confrontation that led to Lucy's capture by the research facility and their support from SAT was actually on the "intense" portion of the violence spectrum. Her handling of the SAT crew is notably less brutal than normal - the worst she does is topple some shelves on them - and the girl she befriended while hiding out getting shot in the back and bleeding out was a surprisingly clean kill, for what I'm used to seeing from this show. The most graphic it got was the flashback to the aftermath of the orphanage massacre, and since that was all after-the-fact, I decided to skip the V descriptor.

But, of course, there's also the incidental nudity. One of the last scenes of the episode shows Nyu, Nana and Mayu in the bath, though only Nana, after getting tickled by Nyu as "initiation", has her nipples shown.

Profanity consisted of four uses of "damn" (three as "dammit"), three of "friggin'", and one each of "asshole", "shit", "crappy", "pissin'", "hell" and "bastards". Man, I miss when ADV/Sentai allowed Bandou to say "fuck".

Oh, and it turns out it was a file size issue with MF Ghost, apparently. The above was single digits in MB, while the rest were double digits. Can't say I'm a fan of the cap.

iDOLM@STER: XENOGLOSSIA #1 - Penguin Proceeds to Tokyo (TV-PGDS)
iDOLM@STER: XENOGLOSSIA #2 - Idol's Master (TV-14)

Spoiler

I'm not sure who the MC among the idols in the real IDOLM@STER anime is, but Haruka definitely fits the bill, at least for this show. Also, I prefer black-haired Iori to her brunette counterpart; it just feels right.

#1: SUGGESTIVE DIALOGUE: After skirt flies up from a gust of wind caused by the Nebula's launch, a nearby kindergartner notes that Haruka is wearing penguin-print panties, much to her embarrassment. She later gripes to Yukiho about how she wound up wearing "the same panties as always" on her first day in Tokyo instead of one of the "cuter, sexier ones" she has in her wardrobe instead.

SEXUAL SITUATIONS: If we actually saw Haruka's panties in the earlier scene, as well as the scene at the end when she first encounters the Imber, I'd probably have counted them; otherwise, they're just suggestively-coded PG sets, like Iori landing in the "daring pose" of her ass pointing up in the air with legs spread after Ritsuko dumps her outside via a chute she built into her bed Takeshi's Castle-style. But I skewed it higher on account of the auto-set: a nude, fetal-positioned Haruka rotating around in the ED sequence, her sideboob partially obscured but her thigh/side-ass on full display. (There's also mild featureless nudity in the OP, but that only counts starting from the next one.)

VIOLENCE CAUSE FOR CONCERN: I didn't know how to classify the bit where Chihaya holds a laser hacksaw to Azusa's throat at first - I screencapped it to demonstrate the intimacy of the threat and also how much like clones of each other they look, but won't post it because I don't know how to turn PNG attachments into hyperlinks and also undoing the accidental post I made of it the first time was what caused my frustrations with getting this out in the first place - but as Azusa managed to get out of the hold without sustaining any injury, I decided to hold back on the descriptor and save it for when someone does get injured.

Profanity consisted of a single use of "hell".

#2: A couple of 14 sets here. #1: the doctor at Mondenkind's main base gives Haruka a check-up following her encounter with the Imber, at one point asking her to lift up her shirt so she can inspect her chest. Her sideboob is visible, and the doctor's verdict is a single word: "Pink". (Again, Haruka is embarrassed about that.) Later, Yayoi, who's wearing a penguin mascot uniform with a face opening for most of the episode, by the way, assumes that Joseph Shingetsu, the leader of Mondenkind, is looking to take advantage of Haruka after learning that the idol audition she attended in the first episode wasn't for an idol audition at all; she concludes that his "hungry eyes" are on a "young girl new to Tokyo" like Haruka, and suggests turning him in to the police. Finally, while visiting Haruka's dorm, Yayoi is suddenly pinned down by Ritsuko, who's more than a little into how soft her penguin suit is. She demonstrates such by rubbing up against her and groping the suit's chest area, for which I counted ten onscreen squeezes. I could've skewed it higher towards a TV-14S, but I chose to keep it at a TV-14 as a counterbalance to the above over-rating of the conveniently offscreen pantyshots.

Profanity consisted of one use of "dammit".

Kengan Ashura #25 - Omen (TV-14DLSV)
Kengan Ashura #26 - Blast Core (TV-MA)

Spoiler

#25: INTENSE VIOLENCE: The opening recap of what the Kengan Annihilation Tournament entails and has entailed thus far features many of the bloody battles from this past season; many of which are also featured in the stylized OP sequence played at the end of the episode, alongside clips from this new season. So yeah, best rating is now officially the default. Beyond that, all I managed to spot that would count as intense violence was in Ohma's coma flashback to one of his first meetings with Nico, where a preteen Ohma, bleeding from his nose and holding a bloodstained knife, faced off against a group of yakuza, some of whom were bloodied themselves, most notable the scarred yakuza whose white suit was stained with the stuff.

SUGGESTIVE DIALOGUE: Lihito attempts at flirting with Akiyama by suggesting that they "talk about playing doctor". Later, the 16 year-old Karura's attraction to the twentysomething Ohma is given notable scrutiny both by the narrator, who refers to the idea of them marrying as not illegal but not socially acceptable either (and now you have the context for that one quotation in the previous post), and Akiyama, who outright calls it "a crime".

SEXUAL SITUATIONS: Though offscreen for the most part, we're treated to another scene of bi queen Rino Kurayoshi flirting with and feeling up the aggressively hetero Tomari Togo, with it all coming down to what's heard moreso than what's seen - Rino's giggly notation of what body parts she's touching, and Tomari's protests and struggles against the molestation.

Profanity consisted of two uses of "ass", and one each of "shit" and "damn".

#26: Being a match episode, there was plenty of intense violence to be had on the field between Takeshi Wakatsuki and Julius Reinhold, with the only aspect that could be considered "graphic" being Wakatsuki losing some of the skin on the right side of his face by the conclusion. Though the dark streaks, I didn't recognize as skin loss until after the match, when Wakatsuki is shown with that side of his face bandaged up and his manager, the CEO of a pharmaceutical giant, noting that they have synthetic skin on hand to use as replacement for what was lost. But that's not what earned the episode its TV-MA rating.

That would go to another instance of Muteba Gizenga being surrounded by multiple naked women in true giga-N-word fashion. I counted at least seven of them in or at the foot of his bed during his conversation with Tomari (clothed and on the nearby sofa, likely having watched him fuck them all) about the match, several of whom have their bare asses on display, alongside other incidentals like sideboob and bare crotch; and while exchanging some dialogue, he starts smacking the ass of the one hunched over his leg, which I counted four strikes for. This show really knows how to keep things interesting, and that's why it was a page-beginner in the rating analysis logbook I just finished filling out. Where it stands in the next book? Who knows right now...

Profanity consisted of three uses of "hell", two of "shit" (one as "shitty"), and one each of "dumbass", "bastard" and "damn".

SHY #3 - Conversation at the Dinner Table (TV-PGV)
SHY #4 - A Heartless Person (TV-14L)
SHY #5 - Shine the Light (TV-PGL)
SHY #6 - Ice White (TV-14)

Spoiler

#3: MODERATE VIOLENCE: Stardust is introduced onscreen seated among several felled bodies while holding a bloodstained knife, which at first appears to support Spirit's one-word description of him as a "psychopath", though it only turns out to be a movie set with fully alive actors. However, he does admit to slicing his friend's finger off to free him from the influence of Stigma's corruption ring, though the on-screen demonstration of that is just a stylistic slash effect going across the hand wearing the ring in question. Profanity consisted of a single use of "suck".

#4: I, and many others, would have considered Stardust pummeling Shy at multiple points to be 14 level, even with the only blood resulting being from Shy's mouth after a particularly persistent offscreen kicking, but officially, the episode's rating came to be thanks to one use of "shit" from one of the judgemental voices in Stardust's psyche. An additional 14 set/cause-for-concern can be found in the show's first omake sequence, where Iko asks (and tries to confirm with) Teru if the rumor of her getting naked while heart-shifting into Shy is true. (Safe to say, Teru is too embarrassed to even verify that claim.) Other profanity consisted of two uses of "ass" and one of "damn".

#5: Just one use of "pissed" and little else. Not even Piltz being a double amputee with detachable prosthetic legs netted as a PG set, since I've decided upon having the vodka bottles in the OP act as the auto-set.

#6: Two 14 sets this time, one for nudity and the other for violence. The nudity set was the seen-from-a-distance form of Tzveta shortly after she's thawed out of her icy tomb by Stigma; of note are her flat chest and her surprisingly perky ass. The violence set, meanwhile, comes from Tzveta shooting an ice spear through Spirit's abdomen. The impact is initially obscured, both by Spirit's cape at the moment of impact and her hand shortly afterwards; Tzveta freezes her solid for several minutes, so we don't know the extend of the injury right away; and by the time she's thawed out by Shy's flames, we see, in a few shots, a blood stain in front and a hole in back with some darkened flesh inside. Also, while I wouldn't count it personally, I'm sure someone would think the 14 would have been influenced by that one scene where Shy innocently misgenders Mianlong. I mean, there's bound to be at least one out there.

The lesson to learn here is to not wait a whole month to update, because shit like this is sure to happen again.

Edited by PokeNirvash

• 1 month later...

An omnibus too? Why not?

Tanaka-kun is Always Listless
Episode 7: "Tanaka-kun's Valentine" - TV-PGDL
Episode 8: "Ohta-kun's Suffering" - TV-PG
Episode 9: "Welcome to Wicky D's" - TV-PG
Episode 10: "Tanaka-kun's Summer" - TV-PGDS
Episode 11: "Tanaka-kun's Culture Festival" - TV-PG
Episode 12: "Tanaka-kun's Happiness" - TV-PG

Spoiler

#7: Another technobabble gag from Tanaka, this time saying he's interested in eroticism. Later on, his sister Rino is pissed (at Ohta).

#8: Two small moments of violence involving Echizen: one where she slaps Tanaka in the face and gives him a big raised welt, and another where one of her fellow delinquents appears to punch her in the face, but in reality she's just giving her some yen. If there'd been any blood in the case of the former, that would've added a V.

#9: One use of "sucks" from Rino.

#10: While Miyano's talking about how good Shiraishi's boobs look while dressed in a yukata, her eyes are filled with gyrating ones.

#11: One "sucks" from Ohta. Also, this doesn't really have to do with the episode, but Tanaka-kun looks really good in the ghost outfit. This is crossdressing, right?

#12: Amidst all the girl talk and that of relationships in this episode, a caption boasts Shiraishi's sex appeal as she tries to woo Tanaka.

Ratings splits: PG (1/2, 5, 8/9, 11/12), PGL (3, 6), PGD (4), PGDL (7), PGDS (10)
Practical blanket: PGDLS (Sentai's is PG with no subratings)

All in all, a pleasingly mellow series. I mean, I knew what to expect this time. Go give it a watch on HIDIVE if you'd like. Technically, I'm not done with it yet, but the shorts that are included on the BD aren't going to count towards the overall ratings.

Birdie Wing -Golf Girls' Story-
Episode 14: "A Certain Truth Sleeping in the Girl's Memories" - TV-PGSV
Episode 15: "The Reason Just Playing Golf Makes Me So Happy" - TV-PG
Episode 16: "The Strange Fates of Two Generations of Young People Who Were Caught Up in the Ego of Adults" - TV-PGS
[damn, these titles have sure gotten long]

Episode 17: "The Girl Who Regained Her Lost Memories Returns Home and Learns a New Truth" - TV-PGD

Spoiler

It's back! It's been too long, but now I'm ready to roll with high-octane girl-on-girl action... and there's golf, too.

#14: Two quick shots of Eve naked, one as she gets ready to fire her Blue Bullet right before the ED (which comes early, starting about 17 minutes in) and again after, when she shoots her Orange Bullet. Both cases involve guns being fired, and the latter has her holding a sniper rifle as if she's in the trenches. Ooh la la.

#15: Two uses of "damn".

#16: After all the soapy drama in this episode, which entails baby mama papa drama and deaths aboard cruise ships, Eve and Ichina enjoy some time in a hot spring. Compared to an example I'll get into further down, it's more tasteful, with most shots coming from the back and only a little sideboob, plus this scene is interspersed with another, more dramatic one involving Aoi.

#17: There's a mention of cheating and Eve calls an old man horny.

Himegoto Episodes 7-9: TV-14DS

Spoiler

Bulges, mentions of "thing"s, etc., and in one case Hime's slips out, but it's censored with the logo of one of the magazines the series ran in. No coarse language this time.

Touhou Fantasy Kaleidoscope: The Memories of Phantasm

Episode 7: "Legend of the Giant Youkai" - TV-14S
Episode 8: "The Eternal Night Incident" [part one] - TV-PGV
Episode 9: "The Eternal Night Incident" [part two] - TV-14
Episode 10: "The Eternal Night Incident" [part three] - TV-PGV

Spoiler

#7: As mentioned in my review, the ending credits feature Cirno in the hot spring, getting naked with everyone else.

Note for consistency: Since Poke is doing it, I'm going to be adding subratings to episodes for content in the OPs and EDs now, as opposed to just setting the blanket. Episode 2 is now 14LS, Episode 4 is 14S, and Sakura Trick now has a 14S minimum unless there's no OP.

This time around, I've included the entire opening scene as well as a look at the entrance to the Youkai Mountain generator, both of which feature Cirno.

#8: At the climax of a danmaku battle, Marisa's Love-Colored Master Spark burns up a long strip of the Bamboo Forest of the Lost.

As a rule of thumb, I try to keep my clips in the range of 60-90 seconds, but these next couple offerings are a bit long. At least I was able to include the full pre-OP scene again, along with another scene w/ the Eientei crew that transitions to a Reimu vs. Marisa battle of bullets.

#9: Had to think about this one. In what is seemingly a flashback given by Tewi, although it could be exposition over a scene happening in the present, Kaguya gets naked in the bath. The scene doesn't feel PG-worthy, but it's also reined in a little compared to other MoP efforts, with her hands cupping her breast and her long hair obscuring much of her back, but not her buttcrack. Ultimately, I'm opting for another intermediate rating.

For this next batch, I had to go really long on the first clip to find a suitable spot to leave off where the audio didn't cut off. To accommodate this, I didn't go as long as I wanted on the second clip, which shows the aftermath of Youmu slashing Reisen. You'll have to watch the episode yourself to see that, which isn't a bad thing.

#10: General danmaku violence, which is featured in all of these episodes. This time it was Eirin who took a beating.

And finally: Another gratuitous recap followed by the incident's aftermath, which includes Reisen and Tewi having been roughed up.

Episode 5: "Our Incomplete Thank You!" - TV-G
Episode 6: "The Dream Gets Rolling: Live Theater Project!" - TV-G
Episode 7: "Shocking! Midsummer Sea Debut Battle!" - TV-PG
Episode 8: "A Performance for Change" - TV-PG
Episode 9: "The Other Baton" - TV-G
Episode 10: "What an Idol Needs" - TV-PG

Spoiler

#5: Nuthin'.

#6: Nothing here either.

#7: One use each of "sexy" and "sexier", plus a peril set when Karen (yes, there are several of those) falling into the ocean when the rope she's ziplining on breaks.

#8: One use of "sexiness" and three of "sexy", plus an on-screen use of the latter to embellish Konomi, the Sexy Detective.

#9: A reprieve. But as a side-note, Crunchyroll briefly misspelled this episode's title as "The Other Batoni", which is rare for them but also funny. Certainly less egregious than other things they've done.

#10: This time around, it's about a few idols putting on a show at a church for families that have lost loved ones.

I want to get one more omnibus in by the end of the year. Other procedural things: I won't be covering 16bit Sensation anytime soon, mostly because it ended up being a more cerebral and wide-ranging show than I was expecting, not to mention a surreal one; the next omnibus will be about finishing Himegoto and SpyFam S1, not that those will be big efforts; and I do have an upcoming simulcast in mind I want to do content ratings clips for. I'll announce it when it has a proper release date; thankfully, it doesn't seem to be coming in January.

6 hours ago, Blatch said:

Note for consistency: Since Poke is doing it, I'm going to be adding subratings to episodes for content in the OPs and EDs now, as opposed to just setting the blanket. Episode 2 is now 14LS, Episode 4 is 14S, and Sakura Trick now has a 14S minimum unless there's no OP.

Brief heads-up: never retroactively re-rate your stuff unless you're willing to create a whole second list for it. It's far too much trouble for what it's worth, especially if you're like me and keep multiple supplemental records of what ratings you've given. Plus it shows how you mature as a rater, even within the same series.

I'm probably going to do another omnibus for my stuff sometime next week, so sorry about the continued delay.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Welp, 2023's almost over. Time for a long-overdue omnibus, once again split into two sections.

iDOLM@STER: XENOGLOSSIA #3 - Idol & Master (TV-14)

Spoiler

This time, the 14-level nature all came down to a single scene (and one that could easily be snipped for a hypothetical CN-Toonami broadcast, too!): Iori coming out of the shower as Haruka and Yukiho's tour of Mondenkind Japan's facilities (led by Azusa) reaches that room. Starting with a pan up her nude body, cutting off above the crotch level and covered in-universe only by her shoulder-draped towel, Iori ultimately stares down Haruka with legs spread and hands on her hips; to emphasize how much she disapproves of her piloting such a legendary iDOL like Imber, naturally. Iori's inner sideboob is visible throughout the scene, and after Azusa notes her "daring pose", she looks down at her offscreen, on-display crotch, blushes brightly, and screams.

MF Ghost #8 - The Voice Callout (TV-PG)
MF Ghost #9 - The 300kph Dogfight (TV-PGL)
MF Ghost #10 - Updates (TV-PG)
MF Ghost #11 - The Genius Awakens (TV-PGDL)
MF Ghost #12 - Inherited Perception (TV-PGD)

Spoiler

#8: Profanity consisted of five uses of "damn", and one each of "ass" and "hell". CAUSE FOR CONCERN OF THE MOMENT: Jackson Taylor asks himself if Kanata is "suicidal" as the latter passes him at full throttle in the death zone stage of the race's second lap. As it was used as a figure of speech instead of a reference to actual stop-being-alive-icide (as YouTube desperately wants its monetized members to refer to it), I left it be.

#9: Profanity consisted of three uses of "hell", two uses each of "piss" (one each as "pisses" and "pissed"), "damn" and "crap" (once as "bullcrap"), and one each of "dumbasses" and "freaking". Honorable mentions regarding content include the aforementioned "Is he suicidal?" and Shun pointing out Akaba choosing "the Butt Bongo chick" as his on-podium kiss giver after placing 3rd in the Odawara Pikes Peak stage of the race.

#10: This week in honorable mentions and causes for concern, we have the classic "girl sees a guy come out of the shower" scene, with Ren freaking out over seeing Kanata in that situation. Though he's initially framed as being nude, the bottom of the screen cutting off everything at or below the crotch level with his upper public region and pelvic bones visible, a later shot in the same scene reveals that he was actually covering up with a towel. Later, Ogata tells Shun that Ren has a "great figure", which counts because she's only 17. Profanity consisted of one use each of "ass", "hell" and "crap".

#11: SUGGESTIVE DIALOGUE: Sawatari and his "seventeen complex" return in full force this time, complete with what exactly that means: from middle school onward, he has only ever dated girls who are 17 years old, dumping them once they reach 18. Shun calls him out on this multiple times (in a cheeky manner, mind you), calling him an "irredeemable lolicon" and an "absolute freak". He also calls him a "perv" when explaining how skilled a driver he is to his mechanic friend. In a more ironic instance, Shun proclaims that any woman he gets with "needs to be sexy and mature"; naturally, he has Ren/Seven in mind when he says this, not knowing that she's more in line with Sawatari's type than his own. Profanity consisted of three uses each of "ass" and "hell", two of "damn" and one of "crap". Consider this one a slight overrate...

#12: ...proceedably countered by the under-rate given to a certain scene in this one. While watching one of the Ashinoko GT qualifier races alone in his apartment, hikikomori style, Shun puts his attention on the Angel Cam's ogling of Ren/Seven's rear. At first it's kinda tame, with Shun musing that "Number Seven's tuchus" is the only thing that can make him feel better about mucking up his placement in the standings. But then the camera zooms in a little, to which Shun protests that the cameraman has to go beyond a simple zoom effect to "capture the real feel" of Ren's ass. Despite the skeeviness of the comment (especially considering Ren's age), I didn't feel right kicking it up to a 14 level, or even something as simple as a PG with an S descriptor, so I just left it as "suggestive dialogue". Profanity consisted of one use each of "damn", "hell" and "crap".

And with the end of the first season upon us, we segue straight into the moment we've all been waiting for: the screencap appearance tally. With an interesting first-place shake-up!

CRCTop3MFGhost1.thumb.png.4835dee680389df87d8909127c6089e8.png

Were I counting the faint silhouettes of the drivers through their vehicle windshields/side windows as appearances, not to mention scenes of their car in motion as driven by them, Kanata might have won. But, being the official voice of MFG, Tanaka's placement above him is more than acceptable.

Season 2 coming soon! Hopefully there's no conflict with the still-MIA second season for Dress-Up Darling, though it would make for an appropriate transition to there being two Seasonal Line subjects active at once...

Trapped in a Dating Sim: The World of Otome Games is Tough for Mobs #5 - It's Awesome (TV-14LS)

Spoiler

SEXUAL SITUATIONS: Finally, in accordance with the ending theme, we get a scene of Angelica (henceforth shorthanded as Angie) and Olivia (who I won't be calling Livia like she prefers) bathing together in the hot spring on Leon's private floating island. Both ladies are fully nude, though - likely to drum up Blu-Ray sales - both of their bodies are censored by a mix of arm placement, locks of hair (for Angie moreso than Olivia) and some notably thick censor steam. Additionally, suds are shown covering up Olivia's breasts as she holds up a showerhead, and as she sits down in the bath, you can see some of Angie's sideboob.

...Yeah, it's not much. But it helped provide balance to some of the "definitely present but not descriptor-level" dialogue featured earlier, during, and later on. We have Leon calling Zola and others like her "pervy old hags" as he bares his frustrated heart out to Julius during their duel, we have Angie mentally noting that Julius (whose engagement with him is now null) wasn't into "buxom women", and Leon noting that though he's now friends with Angie and Olivia after all was said and done, he can't "get weird" with either, though what was meant by that is never properly explained. Sometimes, that's just how things turn out in the world of content rating things.

PROFANITY OF THE MOMENT: One of the extras in the crowd watching Leon's duel against the Princes calls him a "shithead". Other profanity consisted of four uses of "freakin'", two each of "hell" (one each as "hellishly" and "hellscape") and "suck" (one plural), and one of "bastard".

SHY #7 - Unchain (TV-PGV)
SHY #8 - Surprise (TV-PG)

SHY #9 - Melee, Trembling Fingertips (TV-14LV)
SHY #10 - The Lonely Ice and Small Flame (TV-14LV)
SHY #11 - What is Conveyed and That Which Remains (TV-14)
SHY #12 - When I Cough, It's the Two of Us (TV-PG)

Spoiler

#7: MODERATE VIOLENCE: Much of the violence covered in this episode was in the form of flashbacks: Iko attacking Shy in episode 2, and Tzveta firing a shot through Spirit's torso, both with obscured impacts. HONORABLE MENTION: Pepesha tries cheering Shy up from a brief bout of gloom by psyching her out with an almost-mouth-to-mouth kiss. Profanity consisted of a single use of "hell".

#8: Amarariruku's resident comic relief (forced), Kufufu, kicks Shy in the chin, leaving behind a red scuff mark. It's the sort of thing that might have been edited by those who wouldn't find it Y7FV enough, so I'm counting it. Profanity consisted of one use each of "sucked" and "damn".

#9: INTENSE VIOLENCE: During the first moments of their fight, Shy punches Kufufu in the stomach, apparently hard enough that it goes through. It's nothing fatal, as it later turns out, but Kufufu plays up how it could've been by spewing a comically large amount of blood from her mouth and acting like she's dying. Profanity consisted of a single use of "shit", used by Tzveta in reference to the world/Russian society.

#10: INTENSE VIOLENCE: Though not bloody enough to count per standard measure, one aspect of Letana's death by drowning - hitting her head on the retaining wall lining the nearby river she was knocked into by a vindictive bum - was intense enough to count. Not helped was one moment where the black tears Tzveta sheds during the present-day portions of the episode were filtered to look dark red during her "YOU DON'T KNOW ME" rant. Profanity consisted of five uses of "crap", two of "hell", and one each of "shit", "bitch" and "damn".

#11: The main 14 set was a brief visual - flashback or metaphor, who's to say - of the nude Tzveta in distant profile after being freed from the ice by Stigma. A cause for concern that I can imagine some concluding was an additional reason was a POV visual of Tzveta's (as Letana) hand crumbling apart slowly; no blood or gore shown, but abstract and chilling nonetheless.

#12: Two uses of "hell" and the classic "how am I supposed to rate this?" visual of spermatozoa advancing towards an egg.

Season 2 for this one coming soon, too!

Ms. Vampire Who Lives in My Neighborhood #8 - The Last Day of Summer Break (TV-14S)

Spoiler

SEXUAL SITUATIONS: Two moments of partial nudity, both courtesy of our girl Ellie. First is the bit with her and Sophie having a pseudo-blood bath (as in, water colored with blood meal instead of actual liquid blood). While both girls are nude, Ellie gets the most attention, the water level conforming around her body at mid-breast level as both are given clear definition. Second is during the immediately subsequent "pajamas" scene, where Ellie notes that she regularly sleeps bare-naked, entering the room in such a state for demonstration. The one shot where she is nude, a pan up her body, shows her left forearm and right hand covering up her chest, while leaving slight underboob visible.

HONORABLE MENTION: The manga store visit during the second half, where Sophie and Ellie take interest in entering the shop's 18+ section, the latter particularly curious about what "21st century eros" is like. Nothing dirty is shown onscreen, and after going in, they're immediately escorted out a clerk who sees them as the 13-year-olds they appear to be, instead of the hundred-plus-year-old vampires they actually are.

Ultraman #22 - The Choice of a Hero (TV-14V)
Ultraman #23 - No One to Trust (TV-14V)
Ultraman #24 - Hide and Seek (TV-PGV)

Spoiler

#22: In one of the more shocking last-minute developments to happen in this show, Valkyura impales Bemular from behind with a two-pronged laser sword, complete with the bloody results that normally come with stabbing a humanoid from behind. Profanity consisted of two uses of "ass" and one each of "bastard", "piss", "dammit" and "hell".

#23: And in this showing, the big moment of bloody violence takes the form of Shinjiro, donning a virtual version of the Ultraman armor accessible from his cell phone, killing one of the Representative of the Nameless Victim - rather, Mephisto's minions by stabbing them in the abdomen bare-handed, blood spray and spillage and everything. He's even partially covered in blood after the suit flickers off, and throughout Taro's confrontation of him in the final minutes. While the flashbacks to the second Adacic alien getting its arms sliced off and Black King (one of four playable Ultraman characters in one of my uncle's gag gifts for me this Christmas) losing his head more or less put best rating in this episode's sights, the climax was what cinched it. Profanity consisted of three uses of "hell" and two of "dammit".

#24: Though the after-the-fact blood on Shinjiro following the previous episode's fight remained in the cold open, there was no blood to be had in the violence following, contained entirely in the shrine site battle against Valkyura. Outside of Valkyura kneeing Shinjiro in the gut and sending him crashing against a tree, nothing really set any warning signs off, even as she proclaimed her intent to kill. Profanity consisted of one use each of "damn" and "hell".

The second half will be coming later today, complete with plans for the rest of the year and the start of 2024.

And now part 2.

Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero #1 - New Game Plus (TV-14DS)

Spoiler

I was expecting a little more out of this episode, considering the reputation it's earned for its fanservice and how the way it's delivered makes Akatsuki not really worth rooting for (if you base your morals off of TV Tropes). So I was surprised to learn that it wasn't as omnipresent as one might think, as I'll share here.

SEXUAL SITUATIONS: Much of Akatsuki's late-night encounter with Listy's maids on his way out of the isekai he'd spent the pre-series period adventuring in involves him stealing their bras and panties in a very stealthy manner, at one paint making a whole bunch of them rain down as a distraction. Of added mention is a brief scene where he nicks a maid's earlobe teasingly, which featured a gratuitous pantyshot on the part of the maid. But that's small potatoes (and honestly 14-set level) compared to Miu spending her introductory scene at t the end of the first act fully nude - nips on display, of course - and then disrobing during the physical examination she has when enrolling in BABEL, also with bare nips and also some bare ass.

SUGGESTIVE DIALOGUE: One of Akatsuki's comments towards the maids as they surround him is a suggestion that he "roll down those stockings and play doctor", to which they react by squealing and backing away. To that, the head maid Valkyrie calls Akatsuki a "lecherous bastard" and subsequently refers to his actions as "lewd behavior". After unzipping Miu from the bag he carried her back to our world in, he muses to himself, "I wonder if she'd mind a friendly squeeze", though does nothing of the sort. And, in the most punched-up bit of dialogue worth noting, Akatsuki tells Miu that her "colossal mangoes" aren't reason enough to consider her a dimensional foreigner.

Profanity consisted of two uses of "damn", and one each of "bastard", "son of a bitch" and "asscrack".

Hareluya II BØY #15 - Reiko Ibu (TV-14DLSV)

Spoiler

INTENSE VIOLENCE: The central conflict this episode is between Ichijou and a former middle school rival of his, Ryoji Mikage. After hospitalizing Kiyoshiro and Hareluya through accidents arranged by his accomplice Reiko Ibu - the same one from episode 7, yes - he confronts Ichijou in one of the classrooms of their old middle school and kicks his ass bloodlessly. But things really get going after he cuffs Ibu to Ichijou and pulls a "Most Dangerous Game" on them by chasing them down with a crossbow, one of the arrows he fires managing to hit Ibu in her backside; she pulls it out, the resulting blood visible on the arrowhead as it's removed and causing her to drip blood as she and Ichijou escape. They creatively use said blood to trick him into tracking them in a different direction, resulting in him unloading multiple arrows into an empty storage closet. But it's not like Mikage doesn't shed some blood of his own; a flashback to his last big fight with Ichijou shows him bleeding from a forehead wound he sustained after running into a mirror thinking Ichijou's reflection was the real deal, and later some mild blood is spilled as Ichijou and Ibu punch him out when he reaches the school roof.

SEXUAL SITUATIONS: Pre-betrayal, not only was Ibu Mikage's cohort, but she also acted as his lover (or so she thought). After getting the drop on Ichijou, Mikage approaches Ibu, caressing her hair and her arm, then opening her trenchcoat to reveal her bra, almost like he's preparing to make love with her... But she, alongside us, soon realize that he was actually cuffing her to Ichijou. Later, to demonstrate his accurate aim with his crossbow, Mikage fires a drumstick right at Ibu's boob. Nothing is damaged, but the scene does leave an impact. There is also some co-ed nudity, some censored and some not, in the next episode preview, but I'll get to that later.

SUGGESTIVE DIALOGUE: Hareluya calls Ichijou a "closet pervert" twice, and Ibu a "horny old hag" once. When discussing Ibu's sudden beef with Ichijou with Michiru following Kiyoshiro's hospitalization, Hareluya refers to her as "the chick with the giant rack", and then assumes Ichijou "peeped on her or stole her underwear" and that's why she hates him now.

Profanity consisted of three uses of "damn" (two as "dammit"), two of "bastard", and one each of "bitch" and "hell".

Hypnosis Mic: Division Rap Battle: Rhyme Anima PLUS #7 - Hell is empty and all the devils are here. (TV-PGLV)
Hypnosis Mic: Division Rap Battle: Rhyme Anima PLUS #8 - Each of us bears his own Hell. (TV-14L)
Hypnosis Mic: Division Rap Battle: Rhyme Anima PLUS #9 - The North Wind and the Sun. (TV-PGLV)
Hypnosis Mic: Division Rap Battle: Rhyme Anima PLUS #10 - Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end. (TV-14L)
Hypnosis Mic: Division Rap Battle: Rhyme Anima PLUS #11 - There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart. (TV-14L)

Spoiler

#7: MODERATE VIOLENCE: Though not damaging enough to count per the traditional standards for moderate violence, I felt the explosion set off by TBH at the Umeda Sky Building - an actual structure in Osaka - was perilous enough to count, between Hifumi almost falling to his doom and Gentaro apparently getting stabbed in the chest by a stray shard of glass (though it only stabbed his novel notes, as foreshadowed by the lack of blood). Profanity consisted of two uses of "crap", and one each of "ass" (as in "Bad Ass Temple"), "damn" and "hell". The ED credits, being the Bad Ass Temple version of "Next Stage", saw repeats of the two "hells" and two "ass-words" featured previously.

#8: Profanity consisted of three uses each of "hell" and "crap", two of "damn", and one each of "piece-of-shit" and "maggots".

#9: MODERATE VIOLENCE: A flashback to the last time Ichiro and Kuko saw Akira and Satoru features a group of thugs beating on the latter pair; one in a black jacket striking Akira with a bat before Ichiro comes in and handles the situation, wherein he punches another thug in the face and then the stomach. As a result of the beatings, Akira is trickling blood from his mouth, and Satoru from his nose. Profanity consisted of just one use of "hell" written on a blackboard in Gentaro's presumed backstory for Jakurai, and one use of "gigolo" during one of Hifumi's section of the episode's rap number.

#10: Profanity consisted of one use each of "shit", "damn", "hell" and "crap".

#11: Profanity consisted of four uses of "hell" and one each of "fuck" and "Bad Ass Temple".

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean #18 - Enter the F.F. (TV-MAV)

Spoiler

GRAPHIC VIOLENCE: The cold open provided plenty from the previous episode to work with, namely F.F. getting stabbed in the lips with a pair of glasses and then getting their head sliced open with a flying bracket. But, not wanting to let itself stop at just that, the conclusion to the Kenzo fight gave us even more bits of intense and graphic violence. Kenzo getting shot in the arm three times, each with their own blood splatters; F.F. getting electrocuted after a hilariously contrived entrapment in Ol' Sparky, complete with blood leaking from their eyes; and some splashes of blood from Jolyne's wounds as she does what she can in these concluding moments. But nothing will top how Kenzo meets his defeat: Diver's Drive breaking his legs to the point that bones are sticking out of his skin, and rearranging them into springs in shape and function, leaving him bouncing up and down with the excruciating pain and blood sprays that come with it. Araki sure knows how to cross the line an even number of times.

HONORABLE DIALOGUE MENTION: Among those who Kenzo mentions looked down on him following his fall from grace as cult leader are "degenerates who abducted children and did unspeakable things to them". You know you fucked up when even kid diddlers think you ain't shit.

Profanity consisted of three uses of "hell", two of "shit", and one each of "fucking", "asshole", "bastard", "sucks", "freakin'" and "ass". One of F.F.'s groans during their attempts to break free of the electric chair sounded like "fuck", but the closed captioning didn't identify it as anything, so it remains uncertain.

R.I.P. posting MP4 clips directly on the website interface.

Kengan Ashura #27 - The Clown (TV-MAV)

Spoiler

GRAPHIC VIOLENCE: In flashback, we were re-treated to some of the more gory aspects of Muteba's first round match against Meguro, such as thrusting his fingers into his right eye socket and the close-up of them pulling back from the impact point. In the present day, we have two instances, at least one of which was confirmed a fake-out so far, of Muteba apparently gouging out Sekibayashi's Marvelous Seki's eyes, and Seki delivering a blow later on that involves slamming into Muteba's head such that his thumb punctures his eardrum and disrupts his echolocation-style means of vision, a couple blood splashes resulting.

Profanity consisted of five uses of "hell" (one as "hellish"), four of "shit", three of "bastard" (one plural), two each of "pissing" and "damn" (one as "dammit"), two "ass" words ("old-ass" and "dumbass"), and one of "frickin'".

Mob Psycho 100 II #3 - One Danger After Another ~Degeneration~ (TV-14DL)
Mob Psycho 100 II #4 - Inside ~Evil Spirit~ (TV-14DV)
Mob Psycho 100 II #5 - Discord ~Choices~ (TV-14V)

Spoiler

#3: SUGGESTIVE DIALOGUE: A "stalker ghost" that Mob, Reigen and Dimple head out to exorcise from a woman's apartment serves as a minor plot in this episode. While investigating, Dimple points out that it's uncommon for spirits to have any sexual desires like the purported ghost has towards the woman; "We couldn't reproduce if we wanted to!" Despite not wanting to discuss the topic further with him, Reigen points out that sexual desire isn't always a part of love. Ultimately, the stalker ghost turns out to be a next-door neighbor astral-projecting, who wants the woman as his girlfriend and is not only treated with disgust by her, but later arrested for stalking. HONORABLE MENTION: Dimple possesses one of two high schoolers harassing Mob, strips him/self naked and prances around to humiliate him, complete with bare ass. Profanity consisted of five uses of "damn" (two as "dammit"), three "ass" words ("asses" twice and "half-assed" once), and two each of "bastard" and "hell".

#4: SUGGESTIVE DIALOGUE: Minori (as possessed by Mogami) claims that her father hits her and has weird adults come into her room and hover over her while touching her body in an attempt to turn Reigen against him. (All she does is succeed in turning the other psychics her dad hired to exorcise her against him.) Later, when Mogami!Minori starts attacking everyone, Reigen asks Mogami if he was "always into young girls" when wondering why he possessed her out of all possible targets. INTENSE VIOLENCE: The psychic that tries exorcising Minori right when Mogami takes control is sent flying out of the protective room through the two-way mirror, with glass shards stuck in his face and making him bleed; at the same time, a stray shard slices Reigen's cheek, also drawing blood. Later, Mogami!Minori stabs Asagiri (her dad) through the abdomen bare-handed; the impact is offscreen but there is a silhouetted blood splash as they pull out, as well as more visible blood coming from Asagiri's mouth and later the wound itself. And then, while inside Minori's head, Mob uses his psychic powers to tear Mogami's body apart, resulting in blood sprays from his limbs and torso that leave him as just a head and upper body with missing limbs and a large bloodstain below with the occasional chunk of red mixed in. Normally I'd skew that as being graphic, but as it was mental damage that Mogami regenerates from in the blink of an eye, it's of little concern. Profanity consists of two uses of "crap" and one each of "bastards", "dumbass", and "hell".

#5: INTENSE VIOLENCE: In the flashback sequence montaging through Mogami's path towards becoming an evil spirit (which culminated in his suicide, by the way), there is a blood splatter against a wall from an offscreen source. In the alternate reality where Mogami traps Mob for six months of perceived time, the distorted forms of Mob's bullies (one of which is Minori) are shown bleeding from various facial orifices; one from the mouth, another from the nose, and a third from the eye sockets. One bully hits Mob in the head from behind, prompting a bloody result in the form of an in-the-moment splash, a stain left behind on the steel box used to bludgeon him, and streaks over Mob's eyes as he reacts to Dimple suddenly appearing to fix things for him. But before that, he whacks Mob, causing some minor spurting from his head. And while far too grand and esoteric to really be bloody, the giant evil spirit Mob faces off against gets its arm blasted off near the climax, the stump revealing visible bone fragments. Profanity consisted of three uses each of "hell" and "crap", two of "damn" (one as "damned"), and one each of "bastards", "pissed", "freakin'", and "ass".

And with this, I am done with all of my anime for 2023, but not everything I'm rating. There's still one episode left for me to watch of Tokyo Vice season 1 - I was gonna do it today, but you know how weekends are - so I'll compile that with the next omnibus, which will see the appearances of some of the several things to look forward to in 2024, including...

• the remaining three episodes of Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead
  • perhaps the most objectionable piece of media I'll ever rate, episode 2 of Violence Jack
  • season 2 of the Alice in Borderland J-drama
  • Futari wa Pretty Cure, in honor of the franchise's 20th anniversary (and also because it's about time I watched one)
  • the winter 2024 CRC Seasonal Line subject, Gushing Over Magical Girls
  • and the other winter seasonal, Hokkaido Gals Are Super Adorable!
  • I'm also gonna bring back Chainsaw Man as a Dubbed Line subject - meaning full content rating clips for it as well - once I wrap up those for Elfen Lied. That might not happen 'til spring, or even summer if it goes long enough.

Keep your eyes peeled, 'cause I'll try to make it sooner rather than later. My first New Year's Resolution for the twilight of my 20s.

Edited by PokeNirvash

• 1 month later...

See, I don't have to deal with Poke's problems w/ accidentally losing your work because I type all of my entries into a text file that I save as I go. Unfortunately, it doesn't account for the issue of losing the flash drive you saved your file onto. I think it's stashed inside the house somewhere, but I've spent enough time trying to find it, which means I'm typing this from memory (partially, anyway) myself. Whoop-de-doo. So anyway

The Amazing Digital Circus [pilot] - TV-PG

Spoiler

I actually meant to include this in the last omnibus, but I was in such a mad dash to post it on time that I neglected it. I hadn't even formally rated it at the time. So yeah, it's time to finally include a non-anime rating in one of these, and this won't even be the last one in this post. Funnily enough, I think it's a good thing that I waited, because I've since negotiated this pilot down a few subratings.

Anyway, if this show were to actually air on a network, they wouldn't have to worry about bleeping anything, because built-in curse censorship is a part of the Digital Circus, as Pomni soon learns. (Nevertheless, there is a close call: Zooble almost calls Kinger a motherfucker.) Before choosing her new name, Caine, the ringleader of the circus, tells her that it can't contain any "sexually explicit materials", which is a weird shaped-like-itself PG set. And there's a decent amount of Y7-level fantasy violence, the worst being when Ragatha gets bounced across a hallway by the abstracted Kaufmo and becomes glitched herself afterward.

Birdie Wing -Golf Girls' Story-
Episode 18: "A Farewell to Lies" - TV-PGL
Episode 19: "Shining Wings" - TV-PG
Episode 20: "The Rainbow That Tells of Victory" - TV-PG

Spoiler

#18: Two uses of "bitch".

#19: More soapy stuff, this time involving Coach Amuro (ostensibly named after the Gundam character, yes), who has a medical condition that will kill him if he becomes too stressed.

#20: Gets the Golden Hot Dog Award as the last episode of anime I watched last year. (Helps that this was during set break of Phish's NYE concert; glad I didn't miss the start of Gamehendge!) This one was unreasonably tame, and even flirted with a G until the stinger, which features the bombshell reveal that someone else has been trained to use Eve's rainbow bullets, and has her calling out her Blue Bullet by name.

Between Me and My Mind - TV-MAL (censored: TV-14L)

Spoiler

Oh hey, speaking of those guys... or at least that guy. Two uses of "shit" and twenty-one F-bombs, more than half of which occur in the credits scene where the members of Phish rehearse a song for their upcoming Halloween performance. And given that I found another one I wasn't sure about as I was checking something earlier today, there might be more of them I missed. Thanks, closed captioning. To give you an idea, the rest of the film would probably pass w/ a PG, though I'm not sure how to rate the photo of Fishman wearing only a thong and top hat. The other most notable heavy content involves Trey's friend battling cancer.

(FWIW, I use the MPAA standards for uncensored ratings, which means you get one free F-bomb under a 14L; small wonder Barbie ended up censoring its use of the word. Consider that hidden F-bomb, which Trey drops during the scene w/ Fishman where they're talking about the Rolling Stone cover, as the one that flies free.)

Himegoto Episodes 10-13: TV-14DS

Spoiler

And we finish with what is actually the tamest batch of episodes, w/ only scant mentions of sexual harassment and perversity (well, maybe not given how short these episodes are). Nevertheless, Hiro gets glomped by Oda in Episode 10, we see Hime, Kaguya and Oda's bulges in Ep. 11, and the final two feature some fellow Shimoshina High School students confronting Hime, undeterred by him being a trap, and on one case they strip his clothes and start licking him mostly off-screen.

Also, while this doesn't have to do w/ the ratings, I do want to give a shout-out to Episode 11 for being really chill, albeit in a calm-before-the-storm kind of way. Not much fetishistic humiliation here, just a SOL jaunt inside Oda's huge house. Would be interesting to peer into an alternate universe where more of the show was like this, and as a result it was more palatable to normies but maybe not as appealing to myself.

I wanted to do raw ratings totals for each episode, regardless of if they count on my part, but sadly, I didn't get them for every episode. Maybe next time, dependent on when my next watch of this is. I might splurge on it one more time if Crunchyroll removes it from their platform, which I feel could happen given that it's been almost 10(!) years since this one premiered. But now I'm starting to ramble, so let's leave it at that. Himegoto: it's an unholy miracle of a show.

『Touhou Flash Animation』Highly Responsive to Prayers - TV-PGDLSV

Spoiler

Yup, the full monde monty. PG with all the subratings is the rarest rating in my book, with I believe only Squid Girl S1E9 having attained it as of now. Let's dig in.

SUGGESTIVE DIALOGUE: Even in this ONA, you can't escape the horny: Mima calls Reimu flat-chested, and then she retorts by saying she doesn't care how heavy hers are, w/ a mention of the "big breast evil spirit" on top.

INFREQUENT COARSE LANGUAGE: One "pissed" from Reimu.

SEXUAL SITUATIONS: The three main characters' tops get ripped off as their big fight progresses. For Reimers and 'Risa, the top of their breasts show, but Mima's clothing damage pertains to her underboob. There's also a shot where Mima's breasts get knocked around with force, the kind of thing that might neccessitate a higher rating if, you know, it were actually animated.

MODERATE VIOLENCE: There are two big fights in this one: the first is Reimu and Marisa vs. the two SinGyokus, which involves the shrine their fighting in getting heavily damaged, characters flying through walls and what not, plus a bit of one-on-one fighting; the second is the former team vs. Mima., which features physicality aplenty and some magic attacks here and there. Also, explosions!

As this episode is long enough to fit a 45-minute timeslot, I made three screenshots for it. The first is from the opening, where Marisa gets stomped out by Mima. The second features Reimu and Marisa walking around after capturing the two SinGyokus, and the last one is from a flashback where Marisa is younger and has orange hair, another crucial PC-98 detail.

pqBXRC2.png

OtbzJYZ.png

ro0Wpwa.png

Episode 11: "Feelings to Take Us Through the Door" - TV-PG
Episode 12: "To a New Future" - TV-G

Spoiler

#11: One use of "sexiness".

#12: And that's it.

Ratings splits: TV-G (1, 3, 5/6, 9, 12), TV-PG (2, 4, 7/8, 10/11)

Damn, look at that: two ratings w/ the same number of episodes. And all but one of the PG's had to do with uses of the word "sexy" and derivatives. Even Cinderella Girls 2015 has more ratings variety, and I'm not even done with it! But hey, I had no real expectations for this one, and even after knowing the final result, I'm not gonna poo-poo it. Besides, this was a solid if unspectacular idol anime.

Girls' Last Tour
(seven): "Labyrinth / Cooking" - TV-PG
(eight): "Memories / Spiral / Moonlight" - TV-PG
(nine): "Technology / Aquarium / Life" - TV-14S

Spoiler

#7: The episode starts w/ Chi and Yuu trying not to fall of a big pipe they're walking atop, which has some peril involved, but what earned the episode this ratings is when Chi has running on a conveyor belt to escape a big food grinder.

For these screenshots: Chi keeps her balance, and we get a shot of where they come out of the pipe.

SyTI2YN.png

NOfPXdj.png

#8: This time around, Chi and Yuu drive quickly to escape a collapsing pathway on the outside of a tower. Also, a big girder falls down inside the titular spiral tower they're going up, and the final segment features some casual drinking by characters that look underage.

Three of 'em this time:  Chi opening a storage compartment, a wide shot of the tall tower, and a lurvely title card.

caAE3M9.png

G90HG7z.png

kXZs6EP.png

#9: How fitting is it that the heaviest episode of the show in terms of content and tone is also the skeevist. Yuu swims around naked in a big decommissioned aquarium tank, while Chi does the same but in lingerie.

Closing out this big stack of PNGs: more architecture, and then the moment you've all been waiting for. Yup, this show's got bare feet too!

sNe8Kkn.png

2XSukVT.png

Space Dandy Episode 3 (uncensored): "Occasionally Even the Deceiver is Deceived, Baby" - TV-MAS

Spoiler

Why not?

Funnily enough, this episode was apparently rated TV-MA before it aired, though I don't think it ever showed up that way on the schedule.

Nice for either of us to get one in before the end of the month. Yeah, I know, no SpyFam again, but I promise it'll be finished in the next omnibus, which hopefully takes not as long to come out. I'll also be restarting OniMai with a vengeance, I'll be doing a much-needed service for myself and probably us all and dipping into some classic anime, and I'll be making a clip for an obscure but fairly recent OVA. Look forward to it, like you always do.

Edited by Blatch
Forgot the Birdie Wing titles, and I also forgot to change my placeholder entry for the first one. Oops. Also, I added an intro to the Trey doc entry. And then, in another edit, I added some more stuff.

Heh. Everyone's got their own problems, it seems. Besides, the "losing all my work" issue was a one-time thing brought about by an irreplicable glitchery, so it's not like I'm at huge risk of losing stuff a second time. Though considering these posts are nothing short of monumental tasks in terms of atmosphere, I think I'll start drafting these up in text docs too, at least for this first section of two for this past month.

Futari wa Pretty Cure #1 - We Can Transform!? No Way! (TV-PG)
Futari wa Pretty Cure #2 - Give Me a Break! A City Targeted by Darkness! (TV-PG)

Spoiler

#1: PG SET OF THE MOMENT: In a modern classic example of the concept, especially in regards to the Cartoon Network method of rating things, we have Nagisa’s friends pointing out that all three of the love letters in her shoe locker are from female classmates. Gotta love that casual LGBT acknowledgement! Any violence, meanwhile, was a little too Y7FV for consideration as PG-level, though the fact that there’s a CQC fight scene between Nagisa & Honoka (a.k.a. Cure Black and Cure White) and starter minion Pisard is worth mention regardless. Profanity consisted of two uses of “suck”, both by Nagisa and one of which was exclusive to the preview, and one use of “damn”, uttered by Pisard.

#2: No profanity here, though there were a few PG sets, including mentions of death – Nagisa griping to Honoka that they “were about to be killed” in their first effort at protecting the Earth – and non-fantastical peril – an elevator containing Nagisa’s friends plus a couple other passengers having its cables cut and about to plummet to a violent crash, followed by Black and White’s successful attempt at braking it to a controlled impact instead of a last-second halt like you’d think. One of Nagisa’s friends also remarks how they almost died during that bout of excitement, so that one’s technically a two-fer!

Hareluya II BØY #16 - Kaya Mizuno (TV-PGS)

Spoiler

SEXUAL SITUATIONS: The titular minor character of focus, Kaya, is shown bathing in the open-air onsen at the hot springs inn where our protagonists are staying during the summer break. Though we the audience don’t see anything beyond her cleavage and bare ass, Kiyoshiro – who walked in without knowing it was women’s-only hours – ends up getting an eyeful of full-frontal. He flees the bath in mortification before a single bath bucket can be thrown, though afterwards he very visibly shudders in excitement, wide grin included. Kiyoshiro is also naked for both this scene and the following bit where the spirit Yoroi-sama ambushes him in the men’s bath, though his crotch is censored by a mosaic.

CLOSET PERVERT COUNT: 2.

Profanity consisted of one use each of “sucks” and “hell”.

iDOLM@STER: XENOGLOSSIA #4 - Gyoza and American Hot Dogs (TV-PGDL)

Spoiler

SUGGESTIVE DIALOGUE: In response to Ritsuko’s intent on thoroughly “checking out” the Imber, Mondenkind mechanic Serika notes that she’s “kinda perverted”. Later, in an attempt to get her to join in the gyoza-making party to celebrate Haruka’s first successful Drop-control mission, Ritsuko threatens to release an “extremely unladylike” photo of Iori from the New Year’s party onto the Internet, which is embarrassing enough to get her all blushy and desperate. A distant shot of the image itself is seen, though at too small a resolution to really see anything; from what I could tell, she was just passed out with her chest partially exposed.

NUDITY CLOSE-CALLS: While entering the shower, Iori starts taking off her top, but only some blurry underboob is shown before she re-lowers and proceeds to respond to Haruka’s criticisms towards her personality. She does successfully disrobe, but the act is done offscreen, and the most nudity we see before the shower door obscures it all is her upper breasts.

PROFANITY OF THE MOMENT: Iori tells Haruka, “You piss me off.” Twice, actually, so it’s more “profanities” of the moment.

Kengan Ashura #28 - Dignity (TV-MA)

Spoiler

As is typical for Kengan, much blood was spilled throughout the duration of the second half of Muteba vs. Seki, almost as much as the first! Though all the blood spewed, vomited and spit up couldn’t compare to two bits of violence that were equal parts brutal and important: Seki puncturing Muteba’s other ear to render him effectively deaf for the rest of the match, and Muteba returning the favor by puncturing both of Seki’s ears at once. Blood splashes result from both impacts, upon pull-out only with Muteba as the push-in was shown at a distance, and on both the push-in and pull-out for Seki. Oh, and there was another flashback to Muteba poking Meguro’s eye out. So yeah, that probably would’ve influenced things if not for the ear-puncturing beating it to the punch. Err, jab

Profanity consisted of eleven uses of “hell” – two in reference to Sekibayashi’s stage name “Hell’s Angel” – three of “ass”, two each of “shit” and “bastard”, and one each of “fuck” and “crap”.

Gushing Over Magical Girls #1 - A Villain is Born?! (TV-MAS)
Gushing Over Magical Girls #2 - Her Name is Magia Baiser! (TV-MAS)
Gushing Over Magical Girls #3 - The Explosive Leopard! (TV-MALS) :LithiumSmileySurprised:

Gushing Over Magical Girls #4 - Everyone Loves the Tres Magia! (TV-MAL) :disassociate:
Gushing Over Magical Girls #5 - Neroalice in Wonderland (TV-MAS)

Spoiler

Oh yeah, this is gonna be a fun one. :pumpkin:

#1: OBLIGATORY SEXUAL SITUATIONS: When your original manga (courtesy of the tools at Takeshobo) is borderline hentai enough already and yet there are two different versions of uncensored footage advertised, you know you’re dealing with a show in the same wheelhouse of lewdness as veteran Seasonal Line subject Redo of Healer. (This show even has two of the three same music composers!) And while not the penetrative kind of rapey that made Keyaru one of the most despised protagonists of the New ‘20s, Utena/Magia Baiser’s torments of Tres Magia are still non-consensual enough to send some people, most of whom are employed at Anime News Network, running for the hills.

But while much of the incidental nudity this episode, much of which comes from the transformation sequences underwent by Haruka/Magenta, Sayo/Azure, Kaoruko/Sulfur and Utena/Baiser with exposed nipples and bare asses galore, would have triggered the rating through Blatch’s standards, what brought about the inevitable use of the explicit sexual content subrating were two aspects in particular of Baiser’s first torment: the flower monster she creates with her riding crop rubbing Azure’s nipples through her uniform with one of its many tentacles, while another proceeds to rub against Sulfur’s vagina through her panties. Magenta, meanwhile, only gets involved in the lewd action by the time the spanking portion begins~. (This anime has the same mood as that one magical girl show playing in the background in Juden Chan and I fucking love it.)

Profanity consisted of five uses of “damn” (two as “dammit”), and one each of “ass”, “sucks”, “hell” and “crap”

#2: OBLIGATORY SEXUAL SITUATIONS: Among this episode’s haul are Utena’s cold open daydream about the Tres Magia, fully nude and on display, moaning as they’re invisibly molested in the void; Baiser groping a blindfolded Azure’s breasts and other parts of her body all over; and her dripping candle wax onto Sulfur’s exposed chest (though leaving her nipples uncovered) while a candle monster restrains her in place. While not as explicit, special shout-out goes to the mini-plotline at the start of the episode where Venalita lays out a trail of BDSM-themed porn mags for Utena to pick up and read as a means of awakening her inner domme, moreso than it already had awakened at that point for sure.ened at that point for sure.

Profanity consisted of three uses of “damn”, one as “dammit”.

https://twitter.com/PokeTypeZERO/status/1745264974090416327 (yeah, I don't blame this one for failing to embed either)

#3: OBLIGATORY SEXUAL SITUATIONS: Like those who have Trans Magia’d into their magical girl forms before, Kiwi/Leoparde also gets nude when she busts out her transformation. The subsequent spar with Baiser to test her mettle culminates in her sitting on her torso while scooting back and forth across it like she’s pleasuring herself… after which Baiser traps Leoparde in a giant light bulb and electroshocks her into submission, her breasts ultimately bursting free of their confines and bouncing around as the shocks go on. A flashback to how Leoparde first got in with Enormita shows her preparing to take a semi-nude selfie of herself; shirt lifted up to show off underboob, lower half bare with hand purposefully placed over her crotch. Then comes the Tres Magia Torment of the Week: Baiser groping, teasing and smacking around Azure’s breasts. Though her tits remain concealed for the most part, her outfit is shown conforming around them, to the point of nipple outlines, and there is plenty of explicit touch contact to boot as well, namely one bit where Baiser’s finger is brushing against her nipple. The nips are on full display, though, during the meta-visual of her moaning from a series of unseen strikes

SUGGESTIVE DIALOGUE HONORABLE MENTIONS: Baiser tells Leoparde that she wants to know everything about her and her body. Kiwi calls Magia Azure a “stupid titty monster” upon getting a glimpse of the figure Utena bought of her from the Animate of magical girl goods. Sulfur chides Leoparde for wasting all her ammo fighting her and Magenta by saying it’s what she gets for “blowing your load all over the place”, which is then followed by her remarking that Enormita is “blueballing us again”, when Baiser provides their escape distraction.

GRAPHIC LANGUAGE: Don’t let the painfully cutesy voice fool you, Kiwi has a mouth on her, enough that I felt comfortable challenging the limits of that specific descriptor a little further than how I did during Tokyo Vice (more on that later). Of the profanity compiled on the way to the final rating, this episode contained seven uses of “hell” (one as “hella”), three of “fuck” (one as “fucking”), two each of “shit” and “damn” (one as “dammit”), and one each of “pissed” and “bitch”.

#4: NOT-SO-OBLIGATORY SEXUAL CONTENT: While I’d be remiss to say this episode was devoid of any lewd stuff, none of it really hit the same highs as those from the first three episodes. The worst we got was the exhibitionist overtones of Baiser’s first solo bouts with Magenta, stripping her down with only scraps of cloth to cover her up the first time, and the point rendered moot with nudity-blocking but no less eye-catching pasties in the second. And of that, the only thing worthy of an MAS (if you’re the kind to consider a single female-presenting nipple as an automatic) was Magenta having a nipple exposed as she collapses such that her boobs are right in Baiser’s face. But because I march to the beat of my own drum when it comes to this sort of thing, if only in an attempt to give TV-14 ratings to ecchi anime that [as] would rather over-rate in an attempt to save face with advertisers, I counted those as MA sets moreso than anything worthy of an S descriptor. Now, the L descriptor, on the other hand…

SUGGESTIVE DIALOGUE HONORABLE MENTIONS: Venalita notes that Utena reads her collection of S&M porn mags in favor of studying and threatens her into facing Magenta by all but saying they’ll leave them out for her mother to find. (And she thought having her mahou shoujo merch trashed for failing math was bad enough…) Kiwi calls Haruka a “homewrecking horndog” as she interacts with Utena (who Kiwi really wants to go to a love hotel with), and trades some barbs about chest size with Kaoruko. “At least I have tits.” “Least I don’t have big balls of nothin’ hanging from my chest and head.”. Another “blowin’ your load all over the place” innuendo from Sulfur occurs during the fight scene in the second half.

Profanity consisted of five uses each of “shit” and “damn”, three each of “fuck” (one each as “fuckin’” and “fucking”), “bitch” (one plural) and “hell”, two each of “bastard” (one plural) and “suck”, and one each of “crappy” and “ass-kicking”.

#5: OBLIGATORY SEXUAL CONTENT: Korisu/Neroalice’s transformation sequence also has nipples and bare ass, but only briefly as, being younger than her two middle school-age partners in evildoing, you can’t be too careful. Not that it stops her from using her dollhouse manipulation powers to corrupt Magenta and Sulfur’s personalities into those of a butler and babydoll respectively, and then have them suck on Azure’s tits through her outfit. (Babby!Sulfur even asks for “milkies”!) Which then segues to all three of them, nude in an open-air onsen, still engaging in that brainwashy threesome with the added moment of Magenta reaching down to rub Azure’s crotch. Utena’s own visit to one of Neroalice’s dollhouse realms, where she takes the form of a mature doctor lady to cure her COVID cold, has some lewdness to it as well, namely the diaphragm of Dr. Neroalice’s stethoscope pressing against Utena’s nipple – exposed as she’s lifting up her bra for examination – followed by the Dr. rubbing some topical cream on her breast to the point of looking like she’s groping her. Utena responds in the form of a nude, writhing meta-visual.

Profanity consisted of three uses of “hell” (one as “hella”), two each of “freakin’”/“friggin’” and “crap”, and one each of “fuck”, “bitch”, “suck”, “badass” and “damn”.

Ultraman #25 - A Warrior's Return (TV-14V)
Ultraman #26 - The Fourth Successor (TV-14)
Ultraman #27 - TARO vs ULTRAMAN (TV-PGDV)

Spoiler

#25: INTENSE VIOLENCE: In addition to flashbacks of Mochigon (from season 2) bleeding blue from its arm stump and one of the three Zarby-type shapeshifter aliens bleeding out after its death by an angry and vengeful Shinjiro, there’s another obligatory near-death cliffhanger, in the form of Detective Endo (Rena’s dad) getting stabbed in the stomach bare-handed by another Zarby posing as Hokuto. The impact is delivered offscreen, though, and the blood pooling around Endo after he collapses is small in size, so it wasn’t as “best rating” as it could have been. But if it were, he’d be dead and not merely hospitalized. PROFANITY OF THE MOMENT: Shinjiro calls Moroboshi “kind of a dick”. :LithiumSmileyLMAO: Other profanity consisted of four uses of “hell”, two of “damn”, and one of “ass”.

#26: This one probably has my favorite 14 set of the year so far: a random English-language background graffiti on the walls of the abandoned building where Zarby 2 ambushes Rena, reading “FUCK COPS”. Because that’s what’s popular with the kids nowadays, right? >_> Verbal profanity consisted of one use each of “dammit” and “hell”.

#27: MODERATE VIOLENCE: The battle between Ultraman!Rena and Zarby 2 consists of bloodless melee attacks, as does the eponymous battle between Shinjiro and Taro, the worst of it being Taro’s fireballs exploding on contact with Shinjiro later on in the battle. The melee fighting continues when the battle shifts gears to the two Ultramen vs. Valkyura and Zarby 3, with Valkyura’s attempt at stabbing Shinjiro in the neck thwarted when Rena electroshocks her unconscious with her force field. In addition, Moroboshi chokes out a guy – well, an alien who looks like a guy – for about a minute straight while interrogating him. SUGGESTIVE DIALOGUE: During her meeting with Yapool, upon learning he had her Ultraman suit made custom-fit, she accuses him of somehow taking her measurements without her knowledge, and even calls him a “pervy alien” to boot. She then reacts in equal offense when Hokuto looks her way shortly after, covering up her chest while asking where he’s looking. Profanity consisted of two uses of “damn” (one as “dammit”) and one of “hell”.

Okay, maybe I'm still having that issue, 'cause trying to undo a fuckily-formatted copy-paste in Gushing Over resulted in everything I'd pasted in that tab so far being deleted. It's a good thing I'm doing the word doc experiment tonight, otherwise this would be embarrassing.

Part two to come later this weekend. What day... eh, I haven't decided yet.

[sincerely, woodrow]

Turns out it was today. And not even 24 hours after the first one, either...

Hokkaido Gals Are Super Adorable! #1 – Hokkaido Gals Are Super Adorable! (TV-14DS)
Hokkaido Gals Are Super Adorable! #2 – It’s Super Warm Inside the Snow Fort (TV-14D)
Hokkaido Gals Are Super Adorable! #3 – Akino-san is Super Unfriendly (TV-PGD)
Hokkaido Gals Are Super Adorable! #4 – Nighttime Calls Are Super Ticklish (TV-14S)

Spoiler

#1: You could’ve easily guessed it from the very first key visual, but this show gets lewd when it wants to. So much so, in fact, that I can’t really split the first episode’s ventures into lewdity into two all that easily, so I’m just gonna share everything in one go. It starts out simple and stand-alone, with Tsubasa reacting to Minami lightly pressing her breasts against his arm during their first meeting, complete with cheesecake shot and shaky-cam POV, by mentally exclaiming that he’s “made contact with something squishy”. Later, at school, his reaction to the warmth of her spare blanket (for protecting against the classroom’s cold temperatures) comes with the image of her crawling up between his legs, to which he notes that “my hormones are gonna go berserk” – or as the dub punched it up to, “my Tokyo Tower’s gonna light up” – if he keeps on thinking that way. But the highest density of suggestive dialogue and sexual situations comes when he visits her place that weekend. He leaps to an unspoken but implicitly lewd conclusion when she says her parents aren’t home; turns out she meant they could use the living room heater freely. She accidentally spills katsugen (a region-specific yogurt drink) on herself, which is as classic an ecchi visual as you can get with thick off-white liquids. He gets a view of her ass, her cheeks on display despite her technically being clothed, as she puts a Blu-Ray he brought over in the player. The movie itself has a sex scene in the middle of it; it’s unclear if it’s pre- or post-coitus, but both the man and the woman are nude, the latter’s breasts aside from some underboob covered by the former’s arm, the man notes he’s “very persistent”, and then they make out. Minami winds up falling asleep during that part, and her moaning is suggestive enough that Tsubasa, whose eyes are focused on the movie, initially assumes she’s masturbating, though he doesn’t mentally note much beyond the word “touching”. Profanity consisted of three uses of “crap”, and two each of “sucks” and “hell”.

#2: And that was just the first episode! The second, though tamer with the sexual imagery – just more in-series male gaze and a slightly suggestive bite taken from a corn dog – the verbal side of things really ratchets things up, notably during the eponymous snow fort scene, where Minami drags Tsubasa inside one they come across on their walk back from school, just for the experience. The exchange of dialogue they have within the fort really makes it sound like they’re having sex – “Really warm inside, isn’t it?”, “It’s s-so tight…”, “I gotta pull out!”, and “Please don’t moan like that” being the most notable innuendoes – and the show itself acknowledges it, with Tsubasa mentally griping that it wasn’t his intention to “make this sound so obscene”, and for extra cringe comedy factor, his grandmother passes by and remarks that she “thought she overheard an extremely inappropriate conversation”. Minami proceeds to make it worse by noting his first time inside a snow fort was “way too quick” and he “should’ve enjoyed [his] first time more”. (Luckily, her second impression lands much better, but as the episode moved back into PG sets after that, I opted not note anything like I did above.)

#3: SUGGESTIVE DIALOGUE: While heading back to the bus to grab his chopsticks, Tsubasa walks in on Akino lifting up her shirt to wipe off all the sweat she produced during skiing practice. It’s an incidental exposure, showing her bra (plus cleavage) and bare midriff, though she and Tsubasa both act with embarrassed blushing, the latter assuming she was in the middle of changing. “Her skin and her underwear and her sweat?!” is as bad as actual dialogue gets, though honorable mention goes out to Tsubasa interpreting Minami’s slang phrase “shredding gnar” (as in “gnarly”) as “shredding nard” (as in a testicle). Profanity consisted of three uses of “crap”.

#4: INNUENDOES OF THE WEEK: There were a number of these, though tame enough that they counted as 14 sets more than descriptor-worthy. Including Minami telling Tsubasa that she shouldn’t “get too rough” with him while his muscles are still sore, her mother (who’s driving them through blizzard conditions to school) replying she’s “def got the stamina for it” and she could “pound at it all day without a break”, and Tsubasa lightly noting how suggestive those lines sound; Akino noting that Minami is “exceptional in a lot of ways”, with an indicative POV pan down to the latter’s chest; and Tsubasa proclaiming he “wants to do it” with Akino (“it” being playing vidya games) and Akino reacting with a bright blush and calling him “too innocent”. SEXUAL SITUATIONS: The real descriptor-worthy content, though, regards Minami’s half-bath that she’s taking while chatting with Tsubasa over the phone. She sends him a selfie that shows her overboob (the top portions before you get to the nipple) very prominently, with a pool of the pink bathwater sitting atop her cleavage; and later when she accidentally drops her phone while getting out in a frenzy over the homework she realized she had to do, there’s a full shot of her nude form, though with splashes of water covering up her nipples and a fade to white at crotch level. But though we in the audience saw, Tsubasa did not, as he happened to be a butterfingers with his phone as well at the time it happened. Profanity consisted of two uses of “crap” and one of “hell”.

Elfen Lied #11 - Vermischung [Complication] (TV-MAV)

Spoiler

GRAPHIC VIOLENCE: The violence was all limited to a single scene, but it certainly left an impact in terms of how gory it was. While we’ve seen people get torn in two on this show before, and even lose one of their organs at one point, nothing can quite match up to Mariko tearing Saitoh in two with her vectors, the resultant burst providing not just blood, but organs and bones to boot! (I spotted some ribs and part of her spinal column in my personal instant replay.) Later, after getting her upper half thrown into the nearby control room to prevent the guy paid to do it from doing it, Saitoh uses the last of her strength to push-button explode Mariko’s arm off her body before dying. The interior of Mariko’s arm stump is briefly shown during the in-the-moment act, but then remains unseen as the soldiers on standby move in to detain her.

OBLIGATORY GRATUITOUS NUDITY: As per natural for the research institute, Mariko is completely naked during her intro scene. Nips are visible, bare crotch as well though featureless, not to mention her ass. There are also two tubes shown coming from her taint area, one thick and one thin, that disconnect after she collapses due to lack of strength (hence the wheelchair she’s shown in later). I presume those were for hygienic purposes. In more conventional nudity, we have Mayu and Nana lounging in the bath, and Nana having her clothes torn off alongside three of her four prosthetic limbs during the kickoff of her battle against Mariko.

DIALOGUE OF THE MOMENT: Arakawa implies that she’s about to have her period while trying to broker arrangements for a shower with someone on the other end of the phone in her windowless study-hole, probably Professor Kakuzawa.

Profanity consisted of a single use of “shit”, naturally uttered by Bandou.

Hypnosis Mic: Division Rap Battle: Rhyme Anima PLUS #12 – Tears come from the heart and not from the brain. (TV-PGLV)
Hypnosis Mic: Division Rap Battle: Rhyme Anima PLUS #13 – Where there’s hope, there’s life. It fills us with fresh courage and makes us strong again. (TV-14L)

Spoiler

#12: MODERATE VIOLENCE: The most notable bits of rioting violence seen in Chuohku (the location, not the leadership) are their special forces attacking one another in a hypnotic frenzy; one gets punched down, while the one does the punching gets choked out. Profanity consisted of two uses each of “damn” and “hell”, and one of “Bad Ass Temple”.

#13: Profanity consisted of two uses each of “shit” and “hell”, and one each of “prick”, “damn” and “crap”.

Mob Psycho 100 II #6 – Poor, Lonely, Whitey (TV-14)
Mob Psycho 100 II #7 – Cornered ~True Identity~ (TV-PGDL)
Mob Psycho 100 II #8 – Even Then ~Continue Forward~ (TV-14)

Spoiler

#6: My second-favorite 14 set of the year so far: a T-shirt shown in the background of a scene where Mob and Ritsu are buying clothes featuring the “OPPAI” design from Saitama’s hoodie, simply drawn breasts with dots for nipples and everything. Since no OPM episode received a rating below a TV-14, many of them retained that rating while featuring his hoodie, and the only times it got a TV-MAS were whenever Super-S was onscreen (which is as gross an over-rate as you can get), I felt it appropriate to deem it such. Honorable mention goes to one of Reigen’s e-mails, subtitled for audience convenience, being spam from a website called “Perv Master”, advertising a “fresh batch of pervy…” something-or-other ‘cause it cuts off there. Profanity consisted of two uses each of “suck” (one plural), “ass” (one each as “shady-ass” and “dumbass”), “damn” (one as “dammit”), “hell” and “crap”.

#7: SUGGESTIVE DIALOGUE: One of the on-air personalities discussing Reigen’s fraudulent exorcisms in the aftermath of his TV debut mentions that she had an encounter with a fraud exorcist who said “they needed to undress to perform” said exorcism; Reigen turns off the TV before we can hear any more. In a flashback to his first year after starting Spirits and Such Consultation, he complains how most private eyes investigate “cheating spouses” and hardly anything else. Profanity consisted of seven uses of “crap” (two as “bullcrap”), three of “hell”, two of “damn”, one each of “bastards” and “jackasses”, and a subtitled usage of “pissy”.

#8: My least-favorite 14 set of the year so far: Mob finding (what appears to be) the charred corpses of his family while trying to locate them within his burning house. The charred corpses of his parents, at least, ‘cause there’s no way they killed off Ritsu just like that. Profanity consisted of two uses of “damn” (one as “dammit”) and one of “bastards”.

Ms. Vampire Who Lives in My Neighborhood #9 – Vampire vs. Vampire Hunter (TV-14DS)

Spoiler

SUGGESTIVE DIALOGUE: Upon learning the vampire hunter (in training) visiting the mansion is a girl, Hinata looks down at her chest, to which she places her hands over them and despairingly remarks that “it’s not like I don’t have any…” Later, Ellie attempts to walk back her comment that the vampire hunter looked “yummy” by claiming she meant it in a “sexual way”. And during the post-credits visit to the local bathhouse, Hinata calls out Ellie for sexual harassment, said harassment being her saying Akari has a cute butt…

SEXUAL SITUATIONS: …and at the same time giving it a caress. It’s bare, so it counts towards the descriptor, on top of the bare shoulders and breasts-covered-by-hair-locks throughout the scene. There’s another pair of scenes of note: Akari washing Ellie’s back, their breasts shown but with suds covering up the key areas, and Hinata imagining Akari washing her, also with suds over the nipple areas but Akari’s hands placed on top of her upper boob area.

Tokyo Vice #8 – Yoshino (TV-MALSV)

Spoiler

HBO MAX RATING: TV-MALSV

I’ve done it! I finally got hold of a rating that matched the source! Now I can watch season 2 without having to pause every few seconds to achieve my own personalized rating!

That said, the objectionable elements of the episode would’ve prompted an “eh, not nearly extreme enough to justify keeping to it” response, were I not aiming to sync the Max ratings near the end from the start. Regarding sexual content, all that was worth noting were two scenes of female characters fighting off an attempted sexual assault – Samantha against Ukai in his apartment, and Polina against one of Tozawa’s business partners aboard the titular boat – and a few moments of Tozawa nudity, notably one where he drops his pants and tells Misaki to “prove how much she loves him”, presumably with an implied blowjob. (She refuses, and he smacks her and tells her to get out. What surprising standards this dude has!) As for graphic violence, the bloodiest by far was the Chihara-kai newbie’s failed in-progress attempt at cutting off his own finger, a scene not even Jake getting jumped by Tozawa’s goons or Sato getting unceremoniously shanked by one of his own comrades could match up to; though the most chilling was definitely Polina getting beaten to death (or at least, unresponsiveness that would make death come easier and more inevitably) by another Tozawa goon on the Yoshino tape. With all those in mind, I felt, “yeah, these match.”

Profanity consisted of thirty-eight uses of “fuck” (thirty-two in English, eighteen as “fuckin’”, four as “fucking”, two as “fucked”; six subbed, two as “fucking”), six of “shit” (three in English, one as “shitty”; three subbed), two of “asshole” (one in English, one subbed), and one of “bitch” (subbed).

Because of all that, as I mentioned above, season 2 of Tokyo Vice will be exempt from inclusion in these posts. Those ones will follow Max’s rating system, over-rates included.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna make the "word doc" method a regular thing now. Though still in the same "right before I post" fashion as all my previous ones.

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

[sigh] This was bound to happen. Make promises that are difficult to keep, and you'll end up breaking them, even harder than you'd initially think. Yeah, it's been a while since I've done one of these write-ups, and I'm hoping to rectify that soon. But instead of a huge-ass write-up that will take me an ungodly amount of time, I'll divvy it up into smaller chunks for easier handling. Four posts, laid out as follows for my own ease, and spoiler-tagged to preserve your surprise.

Spoiler

POST #1: Hokkaido Gals #5-6, Gushing Over Magical Girls #6-7, Futari wa Pretty Cure #3-9

POST #2: Hokkaido Gals #7-8, Gushing Over Magical Girls #8-9, Ultraman #28-31, Mobuseka #6

POST #3: Hokkaido Gals #9-10, Gushing Over Magical Girls #10-11, Mob Psycho 100 II #9-11, Kengan Ashura #29

POST #4: Hokkaido Gals #11-12, Gushing Over Magical Girls #12-13, XENOGLOSSIA #5, Stone Ocean #19

But before all of that, I'm going to be making a big post to cover quite possibly the most unprecedented watch I've made so far this year: Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai and its three sequel movies. The latter two films are having a subbed theatrical screening in select cinemas today, and my sister, a fan of the show and owner of a reasonably priced copy of the first movie, invited me to see them with her. As harrowing as the prospect of watching a 13-episode anime and 90-minute movie in a one month span sounded, especially with my out-of-seasonal watching speeds, I decided to tackle the challenge anyways. I have seen all of Bunny Girl Senpai, as well as Dreaming Girl. Later today comes Sister Venturing Out and Knapsack Kid. And once I'm back in my apartment with everything fresh in my mind, I will draft up my ratings for all thirteen and, as per usual, share them with the one regular and infrequent browsers of this niche thread. Whenever they're ready.

I also have a couple of extra announcements to share over these next posts, but I'll start with the ones that I'm not saving up as surprises. And even then, it's just Zom 100's final three episodes being excluded from my to-do list, on account of Toonami airing the show, and Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero having gone on indefinite hiatus (and I haven't even gotten to the omorashi scene yet!). As for the surprise announcements, first comes the one after Bunny Girl Senpai, and then comes the one following the seasonals' ends, up to and including what will succeed GOMG as the next Seasonal Line subject...

[here's a hint]

Edited by PokeNirvash
Eh, not really feeling it tonight. Maybe tomorrow. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Very rarely do I get the opportunity to cover an entire full-cour series in one go, supplemental material included. Perhaps if I did this back in high school, I could have busted out an entire post dedicated to the entire Mahoromatic animated franchise. But in the life I have today, this will more than do.

Divisions are done by which light novel was adapted for the TV series; the movies are split between the first, which covers two novels, and the latter two, which I viewed (and work best) as a double feature therefore I'm delivering them together as one.

Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai #1 - My Senpai is a Bunny Girl (TV-14DV)
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai #2 - On First Dates, Trouble is Essential (TV-14D)
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai #3 - The World Without You (TV-PGDLV)

Spoiler

#1: SUGGESTIVE DIALOGUE: As with many series of an "adapted from a light novel" nature, suggestive dialogue is the bread and butter of this show's content ratings, so there are numerous examples I could pull (and have written down) I could share, but for the sake of convenience and keeping interest, I'll only highlight the notables most worthy of the "intense" designation. In the case of this freshman outing, we have Sakuta assuming/asking Kamisato if she's "on her period" based on her abrasive confrontation of him; Mai verifying if Sakuta "did anything weird" while thinking about her in her too-erotic-to-forget bunnygirl outfit, before admitting that she's not bothered by "being the subject of erotic fantasies for young boys"; Mai calling Sakuta "perverted" and an "exhibitionist" when he takes his shirt off to show her his Adolescence Puberty Syndrome scars, right after he said he wouldn't "do anything" to her; some of the search results for Mai Sakurajima online including "porn" and "schoolgirl prostitution"; Futaba asking Sakuta if he's "trying to sneak into the girls' bathroom" upon his asking about hypothetical invisibility; and Sakuta's response to such being that he's "not into scat".

INTENSE VIOLENCE: This was a bit of a stretch, but one I was more than happy to give based on how it was presented. Kaede's Puberty Syndrome is shown in flashback to take the form of wounds spontaneously forming out of nowhere on her in response to the stress of being cyberbullied. Three cuts are shown in the process of forming: one on her left arm, another on her right thigh, and a third on her cheek that actually shows the blood trickling down. Sakuta later mentions how he woke up covered in blood one morning - the morning he received his scars - though we never actually see it. (Not yet, anyways.)

Profanity consisted of two uses of "hell" and one of "sucks".

#2: SUGGESTIVE DIALOGUE: Mai asks Sakuta if he's having lewd thoughts, to which he responds by claiming his thoughts are "a hundred times more lewd than what you're imagining". Tomoe's debut scene has her misinterpret Sakuta's attempt at helping a lost child find her mother as something more nefarious, and then proceeds to literally kick his ass while calling him a "filthy pedophile". In one of the stranger innuendos, Sakuta remarks that he could "fill himself up three times over" from the sound of Mai running the shower by itself. Then, while in bed in their hotel room in Ogaki, Mai suggests that Sakuta "may take advantage of the situation and touch her breasts or something". Can't remember if that was serious, but knowing Mai as well as I have over the past month, it was probably facetious.

Profanity consisted of one use of "hell" and "crap".

#3: SUGGESTIVE DIALOGUE: Mai presumes that Sakuta's mind would be "filled with lewd thoughts" to the point of distraction, were she to tutor him in her bunnygirl outfit. Later, he explains away the bunnygirl outfit to Kaede by claiming it was for her to wear, to which she skittishly responds by claiming it's too soon for her to wear "sexy clothing" like that.

MODERATE VIOLENCE: Nothing too special, just Mai running up to Sakuta and slapping him across the face. All he gets is a reddened cheek for his trouble.

Profanity consisted of one use each of "bastards" and "damn".

Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai Petit Devil Kouhai #4 - There is No Tomorrow for a Rascal (TV-PGD)
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai Petit Devil Kouhai #5 - All the Lies I Have For You (TV-14D)
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai Petit Devil Kouhai #6 - This World You Chose (TV-14)

Spoiler

#4: SUGGESTIVE DIALOGUE: Sakuta takes a pot-shot at Tomoe's lack of boobs by noting she should "gain some meat" on her chest by eating some more. (Unfortunately, as Tomoe notes, all the weight goes to her ass.) Later, while on the phone with Futaba, Sakuta requests she describe her clothes-changing in detail. (Unfortunately, she's just putting on her socks.) HONORABLE MENTION: Both Mai and Maezawa find Sakuta and Tomoe in a compromising position that isn't really that compromising, but is treated as such because that's how the room is read.

Profanity consisted of a single use of "crap".

#5: SUGGESTIVE DIALOGUE: It started out simple with some causes for concern that weren't nearly enough to confirm a TV-14. Then Sakuta, upon receiving canned peaches as a gift from Tomoe, presumed she chose it because of her "peach-shaped butt", and in response to her request for "no more perversion", said he'd savor the contents that night while "imagining it's her". The ante was upped during his call later that night with Mai, where she noted that it would be natural for him to "do things like that" while thinking about her if he didn't have underwear on (contrary to her hopes), and then called him a pervert where he jokingly announced he was "buck naked". And then it got serious when he caught wind of rumors spreading about Tomoe being "easy, a whore," and "screwing him all the time". But of course, there's the line that /a/ was memeing for what seemed like years: Sakuta loudly proclaiming to Maezawa (with multiple witnesses) that he's a virgin, therefore there's no way he'd be regularly screwing Tomoe. Later, in a one-on-one conversation away from onlookers, Tomoe admits to being a virgin as well.

#6: Here we have a classic case of a compounded rating: too much for a PGD, but not enough for a 14D. Notable dialogues worth writing down for this one include a student on the train mockingly remarking Sakuta's "shouting he's a virgin" from the previous episode; Mai chiding Sakuta for "openly cheating" when he tells her he loves her while still technically dating Tomoe; Sakuta's comments on Tomoe's preferred swimsuit purchase, calling the ruffles on the top portion "tons of padding" and that he should only consider them once she's as big as a nearby shopper with a medium-sized bust; Tomoe chiding Sakuta for the "lewd look in his eyes" when glancing at her legs/pelvic region after noting she's wearing her swimsuit under her uniform (and then doing so again later on); the acknowledged lewdity of her post-time loop comment that Sakuta "made her into an adult"; and his teasing suggestion that Mai "wear nothing under the apron" when she cooks for him.

Profanity consisted of two uses of "damn" and one of "hell".

Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai Logical Witch #7 - Adolescence Paradox (TV-14D)
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai Logical Witch #8 - Wash it All Away on a Stormy Night (TV-14D)

Spoiler

#7: SUGGESTIVE DIALOGUE: This one had it all. We had allusions to incest - Kaede asking Sakuta, who doesn't want her in his bed, if he's "become aware of the urge for forbidden love", and later worrying about how he likes his little sisters upon watching him interact with Shoko. We had comments on boobs in yukatas - Sakuta wondering if Futaba's generously-sized ones are the reason why she doesn't want to try on a yukata, and some traded barbs between him and Tomoe on how she "doesn't have breasts big enough to rest on top of the obi" in her yukata. We even had Sakuta referring to Futaba's bathwater as "broth", which was one of the few times I've found one character telling another to die actually pretty funny. (The key is to be snide, and not vicious.) Non-dialogue elements also worth mention are brief but non-explicit shots of Futaba's nudity during her bath scene, and the lewdly framed photo contents of her secret SNS account.

Profanity consisted of a single use of "suck".

#8: Normally when I think of "suggestive dialogue", I always gravitate to snippets of dialogue that, in and out of context, are clear references to topics not meant for casual conversation of the respectful variety. It's rare that I give acknowledgement to more advanced presentations of suggestive dialogue, that lack buzzwords and clear-cut indications but are otherwise befitting of the descriptor, like Futaba's whole discussion on how her own Puberty Syndrome likely came about from the attention her body received from her male peers making her feel disgusted at merely being seen. Of course, that discussion also started with the phrase "feminine parts" (most likely her boobs) in reference to their development, so it had that helping it out. Also of note on the dialogue front: Kunimi's assuming the "Futaba in trouble" text Sakuta sent him as an excuse for all three to hang out meant that he had/was assaulting her, even asking Futaba (the glasses-off, hair-up one) if he did "anything weird" to her.

Profanity consisted of four uses of "damn" (two of "dammit"), and two each of "dumbass" and "hell".

Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai Siscon Idol #9 - Sister Panic (TV-14)
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai Siscon Idol #10 - Complex Congratulations (TV-14D)

Spoiler

#9: Another case of a compounded rating, that I chose to ID as one because I didn't really feel like having another two TV-14D episodes in a row. (In an age where Toonami's content ratings feel more homogenized than ever, you gotta take chances with rating diversity on your own end.) Anyways, dialogue of note includes Nodoka (with Mai's appearance) asking Sakuta what kind of pervert he even is after he recognizes Mai (with Nodoka's appearance) from a single step on his foot; a number of comments during the scene with Sakuta and Nodoka!Mai at the beach, including Sakuta's observation that "girls taking off their tights is kinda erotic" and remarking how he wants Mai's legs to "sandwich his face"; Kaede's reaction to seeing Sakuta bring Mai!Nodoka home with him being to conclude he's become a gigolo; and Mai!Nodoka telling Sakuta to put a shirt on lest "his naked body gets burned into Nodoka's memory". (This was while they were under the impression they swapped minds as opposed to just appearances, by the way.)

#10: SUGGESTIVE DIALOGUE: While having a meeting with his dad to discuss Kaede's present situation, Sakuta asks him a question about parenting - y'know, for science - though his dad initially assumes he's had or having a kid; a claim he rebukes by claiming he "hasn't done that stuff yet". Of greater note, though, (and what brought the descriptor over to this episode) was the on-stage banter between the girls of Sweet Bullet (Nodoka's idol group) having de facto leader Uzuki flusteredly claim she's not wearing panties in an attempt to insist that she, like all other idols, don't sweat. That remark wound up coming about as a result of Mai!Nodoka remarking that Uzuki "always says how even her panties are drenched after a gig". Of course, we know she means with sweat, but out of context that is more worth the "intensely suggestive dialogue" designation than Sakuta wanting Mai to crush his head between her thighs like sparrow egg.

OTHER 14 SETS: One of Mai's films that Sakuta has Nodoka!Mai watch to help practice her facial nuances is a horror film where she's the killer ghost girl, the signature scene that we in the audience are privy to being one where she confronts a showering woman (with obscured sideboob) with a bloodstained knife. Then there's Nodoka!Mai, fresh off of seeing how much better Mai is at being her than herself, attempting suicide in a comparatively tame but very Japanese way: walking into the ocean in the hopes of being swept out to sea. Sakuta manages to stop her before she can go so far that a rescue crew is needed, though. Also, the scene where Mai and Nodoka revert back to their original appearances after making up prompted a jump scare out of me; not that I count that sort of thing as objectionable content, but this one site I browsed as a kid that took record of objectionable content in movies had a category for jump scares, so I thought that would be a neat tribute to that.

Profanity consisted of one use each of "piss" and "hell".

Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai a Sister Home Alone #11 - The Kaede Quest (TV-PGD)
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai a Sister Home Alone #12 - Life is a Never-Ending Dream (TV-14V) B|
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai a Sister Home Alone #13 - The Dawn After an Endless Night (TV-14)

Spoiler

#11: SUGGESTIVE DIALOGUE: Futaba assumes Sakuta is looking for a way to "cheat on Mai without getting caught" when he comes to her for advice regarding Shoko-san's invitation to meet him at the beach, and later refers to him as "a rascal that feels ecstasy from abuse". (In the industry, we call them masochists.) Some of Kaede's to-do list items are borderline incestuous in nature, such as flirting with Sakuta while on the beach, and going on a date with him. And in a much later scene, Futaba calls Sakuta a "sister-loving rascal", and notes that only a "sister-lover" would care about helping Kaede as much as he does.

Profanity consisted of one use of "hell".

#12: INTENSE VIOLENCE: You know me; if I see an opportunity to give something best rating, I take it. But I've come a long way - seventeen years plus change, in fact! - from the days where I awkwardly shoehorned the rating in based on moments like, I dunno, a particularly nightmarish face from an episode of Negima!. (I'd offer up a screenshot, but Fancaps doesn't have exactly what I'm looking for, sadly.) But in a case like this episode, where there's the long-awaited scene of Sakuta gaining his Puberty Syndrome scars - he wakes up, sees he has blood on his hand, then pulls up his shirt to see the three freshly formed slash marks across his chest all covered in blood - the descriptor proves a good fit. Especially when the associated dialogue gets as tame as Shoko noting Sakuta was "having lewd thoughts" thinking about her, or as interpretable only in a gutter-minded sense as Kaede telling Sakuta that he could've changed her clothes for her, upon noting her suddenly wearing a hospital gown upon waking up.

Profanity of the moment was Sakuta's list of three things a big brother should never show his little sister: "piss, poop and whining".

#13: This one was surprisingly free of suggestive dialogue, though with the on-shirt bloodstains from Sakuta's scars that suddenly appear during his breakdown post-Kaede's original personality resurfacing, and how dark the scars themselves look when the viewer finally sees them, I felt it appropriate to skew upwards toward a 14-level rating.

Profanity consisted of two uses of "hell" and one of "crap".

Rascal Does Not Dream of a Dreaming Girl[/His First Love] (TV-14DV)

Spoiler

SUGGESTIVE DIALOGUE: As is typical for Aobuta (short for the Japanese reverse-translation of "rascal", Seishun Buta Yaro), the suggestive dialogue is never truly centralized, but presented in bits and pieces throughout the feature. Sakuta assumes Mai's present for him should he spend Christmas with Kaede is an "erotic" one. Futaba, upon getting a call from Sakuta about the sudden reappearance of Shoko-san, assumes he wants "tips on how to cheat", and later sarcastically suggests he "two-time" both Shoko-san and Mai and "upgrade from a rascal into a sleazeball". Even later, when Sakuta tells her about Shoko-san's heart transplant surgery scar, her initial observation is that he "saw her breasts", with Sakuta explaining that "it's not like he stripped her to see it". Then, far later in the movie, after Tomoe perceives him after he goes back in time by four days, he shows his relief to finally be acknowledged in a gloriously out-of-context fashion: shouting "Let me touch you!" in a beggy fashion. Sure, it sounds skeevy, but we know the context so it's all right. Finally, in the epilogue montage, Sakuta steals a glance of Futaba's sweater-melons (I'm calling them that because she's wearing a sweater in the scene) after remarking that she hasn't exactly "ballooned out", and Futaba retaliates by threatening to text Mai that he was "giving her lewd looks". All well and fun stuff...

INTENSE VIOLENCE: ...but then we get serious. I was all ready to give the rating based on the continued bleeding of Sakuta's scars - a byproduct of Shoko-san's appearances from the future, it turns out. We see them in a deeper red color as his shirt comes off in one scene, and in another, he finds himself bleeding into his own sweater while running after the younger Shoko being wheeled to the ICU, the shock of it resulting him him stumbling along his way and leaving a bloody handprint on the nearby wall. But the real moment of intense violence comes during the mid-act twist, where Mai pushes Sakuta out of the way of the car that would have killed him and ends up getting hit in his place. It takes a while for it to set in, while the reality of her (temporary) death sets in for Sakuta, but a blood pool eventually forms around Mai's head, with some of it even staining her hair. By comparison, Future!Sakuta (dressed in a full-body rabbit mascot outfit, to hide his identity) pushing Present!Sakuta out of the way instead is entirely bloodless, as the former disappears and merges with the latter shortly after.

BONUS NUDITY: First we have Shoko-san taking a bath in Sakuta's apartment; her full sideboob is visible under the water, and while partially out of frame, you can see the top of her ass pretty well, too. Later, while discussing the possible nature of Shoko's Puberty Syndrome, we the audience are treated to the visual of Shoko standing outside in the snowfall, fully nude; camera rotation blocks her sideboob and a blur transition obscures everything once it gets to her ass. Finally, after Mai's above-mentioned sacrifice, Sakuta pulls up his shirt to see if his scars have vanished since it's no longer his heart that saved Shoko-san's life (not that he knew it at the time, and also yes, they did vanish), and by the will of some brave animator or set of animators, he actually has nipples! But that ain't shit compared to the female-presenting variety.

Profanity consisted of three uses of "piss" (two as "pissed"), and one each of "damn" and "hell".

Rascal Does Not Dream of a Sister Venturing Out (TV-14D)
Rascal Does Not Dream of a Knapsack Kid (TV-14)

Spoiler

As these were watched in a theater where I took no notes but the start and finish time for both films - FUN FACT: they were set to start at 2:00 in the theater I went to but didn't actually play 'til 2:40 due to a lengthy technical issue up in the projectionist's booth - I don't have any specifics for every little bit of content, but I can share the highlights that influenced each rating.

For the former film, the suggestive dialogues that won out above all others were Futaba dryly referring to Sakuta's dream of a young Mai as a sign he was going to prison, and acknowledgement of Uzuki's purported nopan status through flashbacks and side comments.

For the latter, we have the 14 set that determined that as the course its rating would go down: Sakuta worrying that Mai took off his underwear while he was sleeping, shortly after waking up in bed with her on the morning of March 19th (i.e. the day he fixes his own Puberty Syndrome issues). I also counted "hell" and "crap" among what few profanities were present.

There's a "University Arc" animation coming out in the future, so expect that to show up on the schedule whenever it hits, be it on Japanese airwaves (and the Internet subsequently) or in an American theater. Until then, Bunny Girl Senpai's understandably usurped position (from Aesthetica) on my out-of-seasonal watchlist will be taken up by the dub of Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You. A classic efficiency watch, done in another language as prep for season 3.

• Like 1

You know how in some seasons, there's a show that starts out lewd to draw in viewers, but then gets tamer as it goes to the point that it doesn't really feel all that objectionable any more? I think I know what that show for this season is.

Hokkaido Gals Are Super Adorable! #5 - Super Bitter, Super Sweet (TV-PG)
Hokkaido Gals Are Super Adorable! #6 - Natsukawa-Senpai is Super Good-Looking (TV-14)

Spoiler

#5: For this one, there was hardly anything, even in the way of PG sets. The closest causes for concern I could possibly give are Akino threatening to punch Matsuo and just the fact that Minami's breasts are as big as they are, even when the shot isn't focusing on them front-and-center. Really, this one got the rating because there are too many 14s at this point to justify going into G territory.

#6: Upon hearing that he went to Minami's house shortly after meeting her just to watch a movie, Akino likens him to a "sneaky pervert". Later, she calls him a "blatant pervert" over his brightly-blushing reaction to seeing Minami's bedroom, with the blushing coming from him imagining a still image of her getting undressed, though her bra is still on. Then, as he's rushing out the door from their final exam study session upon realizing it's nearing/past curfew, he literally runs into Minami's mom... face-first into her cleavage. (Nothing less from you, Tsubasa. Such a rascal.)

Profanity consisted of a single use of "crap".

Gushing Over Magical Girls #6 - The Tres Magia's Secret Backstory (TV-MA)
Gushing Over Magical Girls #7 - Azure in Trouble! (TV-MAS)

Spoiler

#6: It goes without saying that the secondary pleb filter for being able to handle GOMG that was the Neroalice/Magenta babyplay sequence, was awkward for most parties involved, especially the viewing audience. And yet, despite there being multiple (conveniently censored) moments of Magenta's bare crotch, as well as the heavy implication that she might have orgasmed from peeing herself, the activity wasn't sexual enough for me to feel right giving it a descriptor. Other nudity this episode included the group torment from early on, where Baiser disintegrates the Tres Magia's tops with a sticky yet corrosive to clothing white fluid, all three's nipples on display as a result.

Profanity consisted of five uses of "hell", four uses of "shit", two each of "fuck" (one as "fucking") and "bitch", and one each of "assholes" and "pain in the ass".

#7: OBLIGATORY SEXUAL CONTENT: The scene where Sayo briefly fondles her own breasts while taking a bath was enough to justify the descriptor. The contents of her solo face-off with Baiser, including having her outfit torn to shreds by a bunch of scissor-flies, and the main event of being bound and gagged to a giant panda-shaped wooden horse and then whipped, resulting in her breasts bouncing and her crotch (panties on all the way) rubbing against the peak of the horse, solidified that early decision. All with nips out, of course.

Profanity consisted of three uses of "shit" (two as "bullshit"), two of "hell" and one of "ass".

Speaking of Toei...

Futari wa Pretty Cure #3 - Beware of the Cute Student Teacher! (TV-PG)
Futari wa Pretty Cure #4 - A Miracle!? The Art Museum Comes to Life! (TV-PG)
Futari wa Pretty Cure #5 - Serious Trouble! A Desperate Pisard (TV-PG)
Futari wa Pretty Cure #6 - A New Darkness! The Bear in the Dangerous Forest (TV-PG)
Futari wa Pretty Cure #7 - A Bitter Lacrosse Battle! A Maiden's Heart is So Delicate! (TV-PG)
Futari wa Pretty Cure #8 - Pretty Cure Breaks Up! Isn't It Too Soon For That!? (TV-PG)
Futari wa Pretty Cure #9 - Give Him Back! The Great Mepo-Mepo Operation! (TV-Y7FV) :LithiumSmileySurprised:

Spoiler

#3: PG PERIL OF THE MOMENT: Pisard points his sharpened/extended fingernail at Ms. Yoshimi's neck as a means of threatening Nagisa into handing over the Prism Stones. Also, during the fight scene, a Zakenna-possessed basketball monster strikes Cure White (that's Honoka, for those keeping track) in the stomach; it hurts, but she's all right.

#4: Nagisa accidentally breaks the finger off a ballerina statue while ironically emphasizing how fragile the artworks in the museum are, and later takes off her whole hand trying to put it back. She's able to get the arm back on, but now the arm is positioned such that the subject appears to be groping her own ass. Funnily enough, this joke gets promoted to brick status at the end, where an art appraiser, presented the statue by a staffer who hadn't seen it before Nagisa "broke" it, considers it a masterwork.

#5: This one had a surprising number of sets that could have gone either way under a more lax editor. You had some values dissonance, in the form of Mepple proclaiming his goal to "be a husband who demands respect from my woman-mepo". You had some light LGBT acknowledgement, in another reference to Nagisa regularly receiving love letters from girls. And you even had a scene that I'm sure was cut from the unreleased dub, where a couple of older guys hit on the middle school-age Nagisa and Honoka. Luckily, they only really get up in their personal space and the two are able to ward them off. Profanity consisted of a single use of "sucks".

#6: And with this one, it was simple PG-level peril (though comically executed), in the form of Nagisa and Honoka tumbling off a fragile cliff, down the slope and into some trees while on their geocaching adventure search for the Prism Hopeish. Neither the violent bears or the battle this week skewed too far beyond the FV tier!

#7: PG SET OF THE MOMENT: Upon seeing the broadly built members of Kakutokandai Junior High's girls' lacrosse team, Shiho, one of Nagisa's friends and teammates, worries that "we might even die"; a dramatic exaggeration of how hard their team will lose, but still enough of a reference for justification.

#8: One use of "hell", and from Honoka, of all people!

#9: I knew I'd get an episode tame enough to fly with a Y7 eventually, and this episode held back enough on its content to justify it, with the obligatory fantasy violence coming in the form of Pretty Cure sending Gekidrago (Pisard's replacement) blasting off again with the Marble Screw finisher. Not even the featureless naked human half of the anatomy model felt like it counted, 'cause kids are gonna see those at school anyways.

[one down...]

ROUND TWO... FIGHT!

Hokkaido Gals Are Super Adorable! #7 - Final Exams Are Super Hard (TV-PG)
Hokkaido Gals Are Super Adorable! #8 - Yakiniku With Friends is Super Delish (TV-PGD)

Spoiler

#7: Like episode 5, there wasn't a whole lot to this one, and it could've flown with a tamer rating. But instead of scrambling for a CFC for justification purposes, I found an immediate set in the form of Tsubasa mentally noting that Rena's love of all things historically Japanese is an "unusual fetish". As it wasn't in a sexual context and that it was the only piece of objectionable content I could find and note, I opted out of giving it the dialogue descriptor I normally give out when that word is used.

#8: SUGGESTIVE DIALOGUE: This one is more a cause for concern than anything, but one I felt fit regardless. After telling him that it's her turn to go on a date with him next, after his impromptu outing with Rena, Minami teases Tsubasa by saying that "we could even spend the night". Nothing more is said on that, though the blushing-and-freaking-out reaction Tsubasa gives prior to Minami's "jk" response suggests that he interpreted it in the lewd way.

Gushing Over Magical Girls #8 - Here Comes the Lord Squad! (TV-MA)
Gushing Over Magical Girls #9 - Gushing Over Pop Idols! (TV-MALS) :Laugh:

Spoiler

#8: This one almost received a TV-14DLSV. The worst of the profanities being three uses of "shit", Lord Enorme remarking how the main trio have merely "tied, stripped, fondled and teased" the Tres Magia instead of crushing them to an unspoken-to-this-day degree of fatality like her eponymous squad have, Sister Gigante trapping Baiser and Leoparde between her tits while in giantess mode with the intent to crush them, the explosions Leoparde uses as a smokescreen to escape resulting in Gigante bleeding from her head and losing her top to the degree that her nipples are out in the open, a breast bounce here, a pantyshot there, a boob-stomp right over myah... It had all the trappings of an episode worthy of platinum status.

But then we got the very end scene, where Enorme whips a stripped-nude Locomusica for her insolence/failure to get results. During the pre-punishment stripping, the lashing itself, and the alarming lack of aftercare (seeing how these are villains, it really isn't that alarming), we see Loco's bare breasts, bare ass, and at one point her featureless cross. She even attempts covering up, only for Enorme to bark at her to cease that nonsense! That one scene brought things to the point of "too much", and so the in-practice minimum rating was granted.

Besides the three S-bombs mentioned above, other profanity consisted of seven uses of "hell", three each of "bitch" and "pissed", two each of "damn" and "crap", and one of "Christ".

#9: OBLIGATORY SEXUAL CONTENT: This go-around is split between two scenes in particular, both in the second half. The first is how Baiser chooses to torment Locomusica during their fight: forcing her to strip and then sing while naked. Much of the nudity is covered up to start, between Loco using her arms and hands to keep herself from staying fully exposed, to her magic microphone and stylized star effects providing the censors when she frees up her limbs to sing. Her nipples are inconsistently exposed, though their screentime gets better by the end of the number. What's more, the discovery that her normally-terrible singing voice is actually kinda good when she's singing in such a humiliating situation appears to bring Loco to some sort of emotional orgasm, though the sweat trails on the insides of her thighs could suggest otherwise...

Meanwhile, the Tres Magia are training in the woods so they (namely Azure) can get stronger for when Enormita's done with their silly in-fighting. During a post-workout, transformation-off relaxation in the nearby natural hot spring, we get plenty of nudity from the girls, namely Sayo and Kaoruko. Sayo initially covers up, leading Kaoruko to snarkily assume she "blasted her nipples off" (and Haruka to genuinely believe Sayo actually lost her nipples :LithiumSmileyLMAO:), after which she admits that she's nervous that Kaoruko might suck on them again like she did back in episode 5, complete with flashbacks for emphasis. Safe to say, Kaoruko is pissed at the insinuation she'd do something like that out of her own volition, so she grabs Sayo's nipple and proceeds to yank on it as payback for merely bringing up that incident. She tells Haruka to grab her other tit (which she begrudgingly does), and we're treated to a chibi image of both girls pulling on Sayo's boobs as she moans and drools in response.

Regarding profanity, I've decided that two uses of "fuck" is more than a little much to justify a TV-MAL rating. Based on what ratings I've previously given for this show, I have decided that three is the magic number, and that's exactly what we got: three uses of "fuck". Other profanity consisted of nine uses of "damn" (six as "dammit"), six of "hell", three each of "bitch" (two plural) and "crap", and one each of "shit" and "Christ".

That there's a reference to this gem of a meme image, courtesy of the brave soul at ANN tasked with the weekly play-by-play.

Ultraman #28 - Time of Awakening (TV-PGLV)
Ultraman #29 - The Disaster (TV-14V)
Ultraman #30 - A Nightmare Come True (TV-14V)
Ultraman #31 - Finale (TV-14V)

Spoiler

#28: MODERATE VIOLENCE: Valkyura ends up getting the brunt of violence this time around, between the electroshocks from Rena's force fiend, Taro punching her in the gut with one of his flaming fists, and Mephisto electroshocking her a little more directly and then yeeting her from the plot, as she's outlived her usefulness. (The final episode's stinger reveals that she managed to survive that, and that Maya from season 2 survived her seemingly mortal wounds as well!) Flashbacks to the fake Ultraman taking out the one alien before blasting the building behind them and the aftereffects of Shinjiro stabbing Zarby 1 in his abdomen are also provided for a more "intense" edge.

PROFANITY OF THE MOMENT: Shinjiro calling Mephisto a "son of a bitch". Other profanity consisted of two uses of "hell".

#29: INTENSE VIOLENCE: Both those flashbacks come back in this one, with the Zarby 1 death/defeat featuring the blood sprays resulting from Shinjiro pulling his arm out. That was enough to push things forward, but the flashback we got to Bemular getting impaled by Valkyura later on didn't hurt. Well, it didn't hurt beyond how much Bemular was obviously hurting... 9_9

Profanity consisted of two uses of "damn" (one as "dammit"), and one each of "suck" and "hell".

#30: INTENSE VIOLENCE: In flashback, Zarby 1's blood spray again. In the present, Moroboshi using a pair of giant laser swords to slice off Zetton's arm, resulting in a massive purple blood splash shortly after impact.

PROFANITY OF THE MOMENT: One of the more vindictive bystanders watching the big Ultraman vs. Zetton fight (rematch?) cheers on Zetton to "blast that son of a bitch!" Other profanity consisted of a single use of "damn".

#31: INTENSE VIOLENCE: Edo (the big bad, as it turns out) fires a beam from his face that goes right through Shinjiro's chest; alongside the expected effects of that impact at the point where it hit, we're also treated to Shinjiro spitting up blood in response via a look inside his suit. Also of note are Taro's ultimate attack blasting through Zetton and rendering it into bloody chunks, and a flashback to the end of season 1, which featured notable blood streaks running down Hokuto's face.

PROFANITY OF THE MOMENT: Otani's co-anchor, in response to the big Ultraman vs. Edo finisher, tells the #1 Ultraman Hater in the nation, "You bet your sweet ass I'm cheering him on!". Other profanity consisted of another single use of "damn".

Trapped in a Dating Sim: The World of Otome Games is Tough For Mobs #6 - My First School Festival (TV-14L)

Spoiler

SUGGESTIVE DIALOGUE OF THE MOMENT: Angie notes that the waitress/maid outfit hybrid she would be wearing for Leon's tea cafe setup during the festival "emphasizes my bust a little too much", with the camera settling on a close-up of her chest for good measure. The outfit itself is rather modest and covers up well, so it's hardly any concern beyond that remark.

Profanity consisted of three uses of "freaking" (two as "frickin'"), and one use each of "shithead", "pissed" and "crap".

Since Ultraman is wrapped up here, I might as well share that its slot in these proceedings shall be taken up by Scott Pilgrim Takes Off. Its successor, as well as what's queued to replace Mob II once it's finished, shall come later. Can't go spoiling too many surprises this early on!

Gay Girls: **Locomusica and Leberblume lovingly making out while Baiser watches**
Gay Guys: **Lil licking his cell phone while raving about how hot Higan's ass is**
The Straights: "ThIs Is ScOuT! rAiNbOwS mAkE mE cRy!"

Hokkaido Gals Are Super Adorable! #9 - Lake Abashiri is Super Relaxing (TV-PG)
Hokkaido Gals Are Super Adorable! #10 - Time Flies Super Fast (TV-PG)

Spoiler

#9: Much of the episode was as tame as it gets, between the White Day follow-up to the show's first PG-straight flirtation and the eponymous smelt-fishing trip to the lake that bears no relation to Go Nagai's similarly-named clan of crime-doers. Tsubasa home sick with a cold, on the other hand, had a few causes for concern, particularly when Minami stopped by to check up on him. He considers her merely being in his bedroom as "way too stimulating", and later blushes upon hearing her proclaim that she will "service" him to help him get over his cold. She then proceeds to make the innuendo worse by following up with "I'll do anything you say, Tsubasa!" :LithiumSmileyLMAO: Thankfully, it was wholesome service, so nothing further happened beyond that.

#10: The tanuki statue that apparently comes as a default in Tsubasa's character's home in the show's youkai-themed Animal Crossing knock-off has crudely drawn junk on it; just par for the course when it comes to tanuki in Japan. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Profanity consisted of one use each of "damn" and "suck".

Gushing Over Magical Girls #10 - Loco x Leber (TV-MALS)
Gushing Over Magical Girls #11 - Gushing Over World Domination! (TV-MAL)

Spoiler

#10: OBLIGATORY SEXUAL CONTENT: As much as I'd love to draw attention to the lesser moments of bare nudity this episode, most especially Leoparde going topless to reveal that she has three stars' worth of power and not zero like initially surmised, I think we all know that the Locomusica/Leberblume sex scene is where the meat of this half of the rating comes from. Nipple-tweaking, crotch-rubbing, titty-sucking, heavily implied cunnilingus... It's all here in easily the big winner of yuri content this season. Coupled with the occasional lewd statement by Baiser ("Find her prettiest spots... and give her the attention she deserves."), it only makes things better as both an ecchi appreciator and a ratings aficionado.

Profanity consisted of six uses of "shit" (one as "bullshit"), five of "hell", three each of "fuck" (two as "fucking") and "bitch", two each of "damn" (one as "dammit") and "crap" (one as "bullcrap"), and one each of "suck" and "freaking".

#11: OBLIGATORY FEMALE NUDITY: No explicit sexual contact was had this week, though we came pretty close in how Utena ultimately defeats Lord Enorme: mentally age-regressing her into a loli, shredding off her clothes to full nudity, and then giving her a near-constant spanking, with the occasional groping of her ass both before and after it gets all red and sore. At one point, I counted fifteen strikes in rapid succession! By the time she retreats and ages back up, just in time for Venalita and Sister Gigante to finish the job in private, she rushes to attack Venalita, her nips-out breasts and bare crotch on full display for a few seconds before Vena's nightmare face interrupts the festivities.

NOT-SO-OBLIGATORY BLOODY IMAGERY: Gigante coughs up blood at least twice as a result of Leoparde attacking her with multiple volleys, and one strike sending her into a nearby building prompts her to open her mouth and let a considerable amount of blood leak out. Shortly after, Leoparde starts spitting up blood too, but much more suddenly and like a squirt gun. She manages to hang on long enough afterwards to win the fight, and even passes out in an homage to Ashita no Joe, but later, after de-transforming and getting bandaged up by who-knows-who, she starts spurting blood from her head (and later her nose and mouth) in excitement at the word of rewards for their hard-earned victory; all comical in nature, of course.

Profanity consisted of ten uses of "hell", five of "fuck" (three as "fucking", one as "fucked"), three of "damn" (one as "dammit"), and one each of "shit", "bitch", "bastard", "pissed" and "freaking".

Four episodes without an S descriptor... Man, this only proves that Keyaru's a sex addict compared to Utena and the amount of class she brings to being a villain protagonist.

Mob Psycho 100 II #9 - Show Me What You've Got ~Band Together~ (TV-14)
Mob Psycho 100 II #10 - Collision ~Power Type~ (TV-PGLV)
Mob Psycho 100 II #11 - Guidance ~Psychic Sensor~ (TV-PGLV)

Spoiler

#9: To start us off, I bring good news: those charred corpses from last episode (and the start of this one) weren't Mob's parents after all! They were just random bodies that Shou had on hand to sell the idea that the attack on the Kageyama residence did rack up some fatalities. (The real Mr. and Mrs. Kageyama were out enjoying a hot springs vacation used as a means of keeping them safe, while Ritsu's running with Shou's gang of psychics ahead of the big showdown.) We only know they're real corpses because Dimple keeps to himself (but later admits to Reigen) that those were real bodies, and proceedably lies to Mob that they're just dummies meant to fool them.

That aside, what violence was had this episode was on the moderate level, though there was plenty of blood had in some of the clashes (i.e. overseas Claw member Joseph bleeding from his forehead after Big Five member Serizawa blasts him away with his own abilities, Hanazawa spitting up some minor blood after fellow Big Fiver Shimazaki, who's blind BTW, punches apart his psychic barrier). The real kick-up to 14 level, though was in a Twitter comment chain discussing Claw's live broadcast hijack, which featured the following profanity-laden lines:

• What the hell is "Claw"?
  • This shit again? So boring
  • Oh, shit.
  • Who the hell is that?
  • Hell if I know lolol

Spoken profanity, meanwhile, consisted of six uses of "hell", three of "crap" (one as "crappy"), two of "damn" (one as "dammit"), and one each of "bastards", "pissed", "freakin'" and "sucks".

#10: MODERATE VIOLENCE: Much of the battling this episode was bloodless, particularly during the big event of Big Fiver Shibata vs. a Dimple-possessed Mob (and later a Dimple-possessed Musashi), though some red gold was let loose here and there. Notably, we have Mob bleeding from his nose after getting thrown into the wall by Shibata, which Dimple is nice enough to wipe away, and Onigawara bleeding briefly from his nose after Shibata throws him back at the start of his confrontation with the whole Body Improvement Club.

Profanity consisted of four uses each of "hell" and "damn" (one as "dammit"), three "ass" words (one plural, the other two as "dumbass"), three of "crap", and one each of "bastard" and "pissed".

#11: MODERATE VIOLENCE: The big fight between the protagonist-aligned psychics and Shimazaki is a classic example of "all action", and has numerous examples I took the liberty of highlighting in my notes. We have Shimazaki kicking Ritsu into a parking lot and against the side of a parked car, causing him to bleed from his nose in the form of smears; Koyama tossing a manhole cover right at Shimazaki's head, leaving behind a red-marked bruise; Shimazaki shooting Sakurai twice and making him collapse, with Sakurai later returning the favor with four strikes, at least one of which scratches Shimazaki and causes some bleeding; Shimazaki smacking Teru all around the place in midair; Shimazaki bleeding from being smacked around himself; and of course, Reigen's famed Self-Defense Rush. It's the closest Niosi's gonna get to his own STAND cry. And while not part of the battle, the giant plant Mogami squeezes the ironically plant-using Minegishi (also of the Big Five) in his grasp tight enough to make him bleed from multiple spots on his face.

Profanity consisted of five uses of "hell", four of "damn" (one as "dammit"), two "ass" words ("jackass" and "dumbass"), two of "crap" and one of "pissed".

Kengan Ashura #29 - Suicide Attack (TV-14LV)

Spoiler

INTENSE VIOLENCE: Compared to the brutality shown in the second round matches of the B-Block, the C-Block's first clash, Saw-Paing Yoroizuka vs. Rei Mikazuchi, was considerably lighter in its presentation but no less bloody. Much of the blood shed in this match was on Saw-Paing's end, be it either from headbutting the ground in an attempt to strike or getting struck in the face directly from no shortage of angles. While he is able to land a hit on Mikazuchi - a slice to his eyebrow that does draw some oozing blood - he ends up shedding far more, to the point where following the double-fisted KO to the chin that won Mikazuchi the match, his blood was pooling out of his mouth and around his head in the immediate aftermath. To speak nothing of the potential brain damage...

The expository flashbacks to olden times also had their fair share of blood; one scene had an assassin swiftly stabbing a samurai in the abdomen with a dagger, a stain forming on the latter's robes on a delay and blood staining the blade after it's pulled out, while another had an assassin eliminating another samurai within his own quarters using a shiv hidden inside a pipe, the motion comic-style still showing a considerable expulsion of blood from the point of entry.

Profanity consisted of two uses each of "shit" and "damn", and one of "piss".

[go to hell, spy]

And now, the transition to mini-posting these updates finally concludes. Here's hoping this becomes a regular thing, especially on my end...

Hokkaido Gals Are Super Adorable! #11 - Youth Hits Super Hard in the Feels (TV-PGD)
Hokkaido Gals Are Super Adorable! #12 - Life Without You Feels Super Off (TV-14S)

Spoiler

#11: SUGGESTIVE DIALOGUE: While Minami is leading Tsubasa through Higashimokoto Shibazakura Park from behind while covering his eyes - y'know, so he's properly surprised when he sees what he's looking at - her breasts can be seen lightly bouncing and brushing against his back, which gets a prominent close-up as Tsubasa mentally notes that "something is touching my back". Later, she jokes that the fortunes offered by the Yamatsumi Shrine on the park grounds can grant you good luck with women, particularly pertaining to "fertility"; Tsubasa gets all red and blushy in immediate response, of course.

#12: SEXUAL SITUATIONS: For as wholesome as this show has regularly proven all season, I'm not surprised they managed to sneak one last bit of lewdity back in there, and what else could it be other than Minami's boobs? First we get them in the imagine spot Tsubasa has of her coming out of the shower and then coming onto him with a kiss, the towel she has covering herself up leaving the upper half of her right boob completely exposed, though expertly avoiding any nipple exposure. (Her actual out-of-shower outfit, by comparison, is a less-revealing tanktop.) The shot of her actually in the shower, meanwhile, shows a full-frontal shot of her in the nude, though with locks of hair covering up the nipples and the steam effects lightly obscuring the scene so the sights aren't perfectly crystal-clear.

Profanity consisted of one use each of "hell" and "crap".

Gushing Over Magical Girls #12 - Supreme Commander Magia Baiser Calls the Shots (TV-MAS)
Gushing Over Magical Girls #13 - Still Gushing Over Magical Girls (TV-MAS)

Spoiler

#12: EXPLICIT SEXUAL SITUATIONS: The big-ticket bouts of sexual content can be split across the two main incidents this episode. The first is when an untransformed Utena gives Azure a back massage, which starts out innocently enough per the show's standards but quickly turns into perhaps the most borderline pornographic engagement in ecchi the show has presented yet, with Utena spreading Azure's pussy underneath the fabric of her panties, and the slit presented with a blinding light... Yowza. :S Luckily, the sharp and masochistic gasp Azure lets out leads Utena to realize what she's doing and make a break for it.

The second, meanwhile, happens during the impromptu battle between a giant orange Godzilla knockoff, transformed from one of Korisu/Alice's newest toys, and a giant-sized Magenta rendered that way by an equally magic-infused "Ultrama'am" transformation item from the same store. While the numerous upskirt shots on Magenta from ground level are lewd enough, things get really exciting when Azure & Sulfur and Baiser & Leoparde start duking it out all across Magenta's sized-up body. On her breasts, over her crotch, and by the end of it all four of them find themselves gasping for breath while inside her panties, the tearing hem leading them all to fall out as her crotch is left exposed... sort of. Baiser winds up censoring much of that region, though a shot of Magenta's rear cheeks has a shadow that does suggest a slit's presence.

What a time to be alive as an anime fan...

SUGGESTIVE DIALOGUE CORNER: Bits of the moment that are worth mentioning despite irrelevancy to the rating come courtesy of Kiwi: first she tries to cheer an exhausted Utena up by groping herself and asking if she "wants some titty", and later she spots Haruka with her younger sisters (triplets, too!) at the toy store and her immediate response being the assumption that "someone knocked her up".

Profanity consisted of four uses of "damn", and two each of "bitch" (one as "bitching"), "ass" (one as "badass"), and "hell".

#13: In the realm of ecchi anime, one truth prevails: a beach episode is not complete without some naughty tentacles. In the case of Gushing Over's season finale, the tentacles are provided by a giant octopus monster Baiser creates from a standard-sized octopus that attached itself to Kiwi/Leoparde's head. The creature winds up molesting Magenta, Sulfur, Leoparde, Loco and Leber all at once, with tentacles going around breasts and between crotches and, in poor octopus-hating Sulfur's case, into her mouth. The only ones to avoid the chaos are Alice, who gets cut down by her giant stuffed cat, and Azure, who not only destroys the monster but proceeds to battle Baiser one-on-one with her new "Maiden of Hoarfrost" form, which is ultimately a stoic-faced embrace of her inner masochism. This is best shown in her internal reactions to the attacks from Baiser she no-sells, presenting a nude Azure sweating and drooling in ecstasy, and at one point groping both tits at once all while arching her back. Sulfur likening the fight to "just two perverts goin' at it in broad daylight" was a very apropos judgement.

Honorable mention goes to the extremely lewd micro sling bikini Kiwi gives Utena to wear on the beach, shown in the clip below. (She later traded it out for more modest wear.)

This week's profanity of the moment was also the only instance the show gets on the famed Banzai BLEEP Counter, courtesy of /co/'s Toonami General (who are probably shitting themselves right now over Demarco self-inserting into Ninja Kamui): Kaoruko threatening to shove a sparkler up Kiwi's "c**t" over an unflattering face she made at her. Other, unbleeped profanity consisted of two uses each of "fuck" (one as "fucking") and "piss" (as "pissing" and "pissy"), and one each of "shit", "asshole", "goddamn", "bitch" and "hell".

And to truly wrap its run of the clip circuit, we have the long-awaited appearance tally graphic, showcasing a rather unexpected top 3 combination for the show. All three Tres Magia members tied for third place, with Sayo winning out based on being physically present in one more scene than Haruka and Kaoruko were. However, were I to count the chibi Magenta sticker Utena had on her phone in clip 2B, she could've gotten third place instead! But hey, if the 86 by itself while in motion doesn't count as an appearance for Kanata, then a sticker that's an obvious illustration shouldn't count as one for Haruka/Magenta.

CRCTop3GushingOver.thumb.png.15c6cde4e1712f7e1550ff38a61ce829.png

On account of all supporting characters getting at least one clip's worth of time with the rating, the "Big Loser" moniker goes to the one with the least number of appearances, which is a tie between Vatz and Sister Gigante with 1 each. Because her appearance did not have dialogue, and also as a nod towards her size-changing abilities, Gigante wins (loses) out between the two options. "Kanashii desu," indeed.

iDOLM@STER: XENOGLOSSIA #5 - Cold Hand, Warm Hand (TV-PG)

Spoiler

I know I'd said before that any nudity featured in-episode would reflect towards an S descriptor based on the nudity in the OP and ED sequences - at least, I think I did - but with the only nudity featured in the episode, that being some implied and very briefly shown nudity during a bathtime scene with Ritsuko and Iori, being nonsexual in nature and not having any accompanying suggestivity to skew it higher like the latter's "daring poses", I decided to keep it on the straight and narrow, so to speak.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean #19 - Birth of the 'Green' (TV-MAV)

Spoiler

GRAPHIC VIOLENCE: The Body Horror Olympics were in full swing this time around, with such graphic portrayals of bodily harm including the small man that grabbed DIO's bone shedding his skin off his arm in order to escape the hold of Stone Ocean's string, leaving his muscle tissue exposed; the tree growing out of his mouth and flowers blooming from his morphing eyeballs causing the back of his head to explode and send blood splattering against the wall behind him; and the ribs of Guccio, user of the Survivor STAND, bursting out of his back and clamping down on D an' G's arm, piercing his flesh and taking out enough chunks of it that blood is spewing from all across it.

SUGGESTIVE DIALOGUE CORNER: F.F. calls out Anastasia's plan to have them trip Jolyne so she can fall into his arms as a further means of wooing her as constituting sexual harrassment and assault. Later, they call him a "pervert" as he sniffs the inside of Jolyne's mouth to determine the nature of the vegetative transformation she starts undergoing alongside all of the dead maximum security prisoners. He even remarks how it isn't "correct or proper" to use phrases like "yank it out" or "it's growing" to refer to said vegetation, initially sounding like he's acknowledging them as double entendres before revealing he's actually referring to how Jolyne's transforming into a plant, and not simply sprouting one from her body. Finally, upon seeing the Green Child within the tree where she last saw the bone, she compares its odd appearance for what seems to be vegetation to "radishes that look like big tits".

Profanity consisted of four uses of "shit" (one as "shithole"), three of "fuck" (one as "fucker"), two each of "damn" (one as "dammit") and "hell", and one each of "asshole", "son of a bitch", "big-ass", "friggin'" and "crap". As this was originally queued for viewing before I implemented the three-fuck rule for profanities on the MA level, what I implemented in Gushing Over does not count here, sadly. Now batch #3, on the other hand... :ph34r:

You gotta love lewd produce. ;)

And so, with the Winter 2024 season shot to hell, it's time to move onto another season's worth of, uh, seasonals. This spring, I will be going all-in on the generally non-lethal but otherwise exciting and eccentric with A Salad Bowl of Eccentrics, Astro Note, and this season's newest Seasonal Line subject, Jellyfish Can't Swim in the Night. Should I have the time next weekend to craft a post together, you'll be seeing all three a' these in one fell swoop. Unless it's eaten up by other events, in which case it's back to another set of mini-posts throughout the week.