UnevenEdge

AIC is making a new Megazone 23

Jman

While were on the subject of Tenchi, apparently the franchise's popularity is so dead over here that nobody has bothered to fansub the new OVA, despite it having been out since November.

You can think it's either humiliating or sad, but I don't have a stake in that. So ha.

While were on the subject of Tenchi, apparently the franchise's popularity is so dead over here that nobody has bothered to fansub the new OVA, despite it having been out since November.

You can think it's either humiliating or sad, but I don't have a stake in that. So ha.

The franchise hasn't put out anything worth caring about in years.  I think Jman is partially correct when he says that Tenchi's US popularity was due to unique circumstances.  This IS an appeal to the series, however, so I can't give it all to that.  But I haven't had that appeal for anything put out recently.

Even if you argue that there was a base appeal in the US past its initial nostalgia (Tenchi was so radically different from anything on TV back then, not so much now), the plot has become such a convoluted mess and the writing suffered so much that most of its initial appeal is gone.