UnevenEdge

Chris Niosi, now

The1gairon

Today when the new Fire Emblem game came out, fans expressed shock and sadness when they noticed Nintendo of America removed Chris Niosi's credit from the game (his voice is still there).  ... credit, I may add, for a lead role. Probably his first lead role in anything that isn't from TOME, which he created, and he goes and ruins it because, you guessed it, ... from being an abusive boyfriend.

The first big thing that pops up when looking up what he did is this series of long apology posts he made to everyone who’s accused him of emotional abuse. 

https://kirbopher.tumblr.com/post/186354901131/its-time-that-i-apologize-to-all-of-the-people

The same link has a wormhole to all of the posts from the people wronged by him. It’s a lengthy timeline that will take a while for me to really gauge what’s going on from every viewpoint. It doesn’t seem as personally egregious as kissing underaged fans or burning bridges with everyone around you, especially since his intention seems to be trying to admit to everything they say about him in an attempt to make amends. Doesn’t seem damning enough to get him blacklisted or end his career, and it’s the route that Vic could’ve taken to salvage everything before he blew it all sky high with the lawsuit. 

But with Fire Emblem’s release this week, I can understand the sentiment behind not highly publicizing Chris’ appearance in the game until later down the line. It’d be hard to think about Male Byleth romancing the ladies without his VA’s temper tantrums, emotional manipulation, and disrespected boundaries in mind if his name is in everyone’s face. 

Additionally, Nintendo’s decision is more likely due to him breaking his NDA on being the voice of Byleth. The controversy on top of crossing Nintendo’s shooters when they’re notoriously no nonsense made it a perfect storm. 

Edited by imchapp.in
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, elfie said:

This is peanuts compared to Vic, but these kinds of accusations are difficult to get over.

I dunno, Todd Haberkorn managed to get over his accusation fairly easily. Someone blamed him, he explained himself, and he's still doing voiceovers (for continuing franchises, at least).

But I have a feeling you're gonna turn that around on me too, so what do I know?

12 hours ago, imchapp.in said:

Additionally, Nintendo’s decision is more likely due to him breaking his NDA on being the voice of Byleth. The controversy on top of crossing Nintendo’s shooters when they’re notoriously no nonsense made it a perfect storm. 

Apparently he has a history of breaking NDAs! 😮

57 minutes ago, elfie said:

Apparently he has a history of breaking NDAs! 😮

The most information I could get on that is another social media record:

https://mobile.twitter.com/lashiec/status/1152721859625902082

The conversation definitely gets drowned out by people wanting to watch him burn for being horrible to his gfs and close friends in his personal life. But it’s the most info available for him bragging about being the MC of Fire Emblem and getting a shot at Smash and it’s further legitimized by whatever Nintendo’s ninjas were able to find out about his personal interactions with people about his role in Fire Emblem.

This just in: I'm now hearing that they didn;t just get rid of the credit. They brought Zach Aguliar to rerecord all his lines.  ... at 3 AM.

Is there an article about this!??  *looks*

https://gonintendo.com/stories/340908-fire-emblem-heroes-latest-new-hero-trailer-reveals-a-new-voice

HOOOOLY DAMN SHOOT THAT WAS FAST! :o

Ugggh.

Edited by elfie

2 hours ago, imchapp.in said:

A Youtube video that misinterprets the details of a story to only emphasize the parts that will rile people up and interpret the details out-of-context!? No way!

"You mean people just ... go on the internet and lie??" - Arthur