UnevenEdge

I made a cartoon!

• 3 months later...
3 minutes ago, That_One_Guy said:

I used Adobe animate and final cut pro. Wrote a script, recorded voice over and used ripped sprites from old mk games. Did it completely alone and it took weeks lol

That's awesome. I've thought of doing that but I don't have any ideas. Well I have one but it's so good it's top secret to anyone not in the project

I'm not sure I'd have the patience to animate tho

Edited by Poof

Just now, Poof said:

That's awesome. I've thought of doing that but I don't have any ideas. Well I have one but it's so good it's top secret to anyone not in the project

FUCK I WANT TO KNOW NOW!

Seriously if you ever make it please post it. I actually have another episode where they do a speed dating event. Tbh I think it's better than this one

Didn't care for the script itself, but everything else worked fine. I'm not here to be mean or pick things apart, nor am I here to just pat you on the back for any efforts made at all. That being said, effort is important. Even the willingness to make anything at all, much less a creative endeavor, is admirable. I always admire any kind of passion for things like this, and considering the bevy of things you have mentioned or presented to us on here, I can say you're definitely passionate. Keep that fire going, but use it to guide yourself rather than letting it alone guide you. 

Your animations were absolutely fine, as was the voice work. Pacing was a bit slow, but keep in mind even lingering for a split second can come off as slow, so this isn't a big deal. The material itself didn't work for me, personally, but you are definitely not far off from a tone and style that I have seen work well before. 

I don't know if any of this means anything to you, but I don't want you to stop posting things because you aren't getting much traffic/views/replies. 

For awhile there, I was in touch with a lot of people that worked at [adult swim]/Williams Street, even getting to meet a lot of them in person. Ever watch Venture Bros.? One of the creators' name is Doc Hammer. I got to talk with him for a bit way back in 2008. I was young and hungry and super passionate. Myself and a couple of friends had come to talk shop and possibly show off a show idea to some [as] peeps. It was a bad pitch and didn't go anywhere. But Doc Hammer pulled us to the side and told us that, as much as he wanted to talk at length about stuff like that he wasn't able to, at least not at the moment. He did tell us one thing that stuck with me, though. "If nothing else, just make sure the content is good. Make sure it's worth it. Good may be subjective, ok, but if the material isn't worth it, then why bother making it? (And) when you have something that you know is good, don't give up on it. Find a way to get it out there." 

Please keep working on this stuff and keep bringing us what you've done. I told you before, but I'll say it again, I will genuinely give you feedback on this kind of thing. If you wanna PM me, that's totally fine. You can tag me in this stuff, as well. I straight up believe that you're onto something with your style overall, and I want you to keep at it. 

Edited by GunStarHero
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2019 at 9:16 PM, GunStarHero said:

Didn't care for the script itself, but everything else worked fine. I'm not here to be mean or pick things apart, nor am I here to just pat you on the back for any efforts made at all. That being said, effort is important. Even the willingness to make anything at all, much less a creative endeavor, is admirable. I always admire any kind of passion for things like this, and considering the bevy of things you have mentioned or presented to us on here, I can say you're definitely passionate. Keep that fire going, but use it to guide yourself rather than letting it alone guide you. 

Your animations were absolutely fine, as was the voice work. Pacing was a bit slow, but keep in mind even lingering for a split second can come off as slow, so this isn't a big deal. The material itself didn't work for me, personally, but you are definitely not far off from a tone and style that I have seen work well before. 

I don't know if any of this means anything to you, but I don't want you to stop posting things because you aren't getting much traffic/views/replies. 

For awhile there, I was in touch with a lot of people that worked at [adult swim]/Williams Street, even getting to meet a lot of them in person. Ever watch Venture Bros.? One of the creators' name is Doc Hammer. I got to talk with him for a bit way back in 2008. I was young and hungry and super passionate. Myself and a couple of friends had come to talk shop and possibly show off a show idea to some [as] peeps. It was a bad pitch and didn't go anywhere. But Doc Hammer pulled us to the side and told us that, as much as he wanted to talk at length about stuff like that he wasn't able to, at least not at the moment. He did tell us one thing that stuck with me, though. "If nothing else, just make sure the content is good. Make sure it's worth it. Good may be subjective, ok, but if the material isn't worth it, then why bother making it? (And) when you have something that you know is good, don't give up on it. Find a way to get it out there." 

Please keep working on this stuff and keep bringing us what you've done. I told you before, but I'll say it again, I will genuinely give you feedback on this kind of thing. If you wanna PM me, that's totally fine. You can tag me in this stuff, as well. I straight up believe that you're onto something with your style overall, and I want you to keep at it. 

Wow thank you for taking the time to watch and critique. It's really appreciated. Writing has never been my strong suit. It's something I have to work at. Some people are natural writers. My writing can be better. I just have to really work and revise. I actually have another episode that I actually think is better than this one. I'm probably gonna post it. Again, thank you do much for even taking the time to give a shit and give your opinion. I take criticism to heart and use it to be better.