UnevenEdge

FUNimation Licenses GoSick

EyeOfPain

Interesting.

I remember hearing how Bandai dropped their license for that one at around the same time as Nichijou. This is probably another part of that package deal.

I was thinking the same thing. Both Nichijou and Dantalian have lead-ins for Kadokawa, and not just the usual FUNi branding, at the beginning of their discs.

That's a name I haven't heard in forever. I just remember Nichijou being the most high profile casualty of the Bandai closure alongside the unreleased Gundams and the license to Geass. From what I remember of Gosick, I remember there was a teacher named Cecile that was attractive, and Victorique had some good chemistry with the main dude. I think of the detective shows back then, Un-Go left a longer impression.

That's a name I haven't heard in forever. I just remember Nichijou being the most high profile casualty of the Bandai closure alongside the unreleased Gundams and the license to Geass. From what I remember of Gosick, I remember there was a teacher named Cecile that was attractive, and Victorique had some good chemistry with the main dude. I think of the detective shows back then, Un-Go left a longer impression.

I always equated it more to Dantalian, which was also recently released by FUNi. I think Un-Go was a bit further away from the other two.

I have mixed feelings on GoSick. It was good enough for me to finish years ago.... but it kind of retcons its own plot half way through. If you watch it you'll see what I mean. And the MC is just a reactionary character there to react to all the stuff Victorique does.

Victorique basically carries this show, it doesn't have much else going for it.