UnevenEdge

What Type(s) Of Stories Do You Write?

PurgatoryGirl

There's nothing wrong with using phrases other than "said", so long as you use "said" alongside those other phrases, and sometimes drop the verbs entirely in favor of free-standing dialogue alongside non-speaking actions done by the characters speaking.

Edited by PokeNirvash
  • Like 2

On 9/25/2018 at 11:41 PM, PurgatoryGirl said:

Publishers don't accept Fan Fiction. It's really not that hard to create your characters and write stories about them.:|

but what about 50 shades of grey??? that was originally a twilight fanfiction. she just changed the names and maybe other small details. 

anyway um...i rarely write anything im not that great tbh and nvr took it too serious. i use to write a buncha lolz fanfics so id say comedy? but i guess the moments i actually would take a work serious and try they would be more teen drama. like when i wrote waffle$ with dubzeh yearrrsss ago. or this comic ive been writing with my friend off and on about a group of young teens trying to make a game for a contest thats def teen drama.

19 minutes ago, Cidz said:

but what about 50 shades of grey??? that was originally a twilight fanfiction. she just changed the names and maybe other small details. 

In order to be taken seriously, you must change the name of your characters if you want your work to be published. 

If it's hard for aspiring authors to get their stories published, it will most definitely be harder for someone's Fan Fiction to be published.

Most publishers, literary journals, agents, and other authors don't support Fan Fiction. It's like a disguised version of plagiarism but with a dummy disclaimer.

You will be taken more seriously after changing the names of your characters, story, etc.

If you're modeling or basing your characters after actual characters, that should be fine.

Also, it's really not that hard to create your own characters when you already know how to create your own stories.

As long as you can do that, you should be fine.;)

Edited by PurgatoryGirl