UnevenEdge

Looks like AS dropped The Cleveland Show

I don't think the contract had expired. And I don't see Comedy Central ponying up big bucks to snap it up like they did with Futurama and King of the Hill. 

I think it's just been put on the shelf for now [ or maybe it'll go into circulation on TBS ] . It's a background noise ratings show and might return at some point just for filler. I think they are trying to recapture some of their earlier lightening by returning to their own original classics and needed the room for that. 

3 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

I don't think the contract had expired. And I don't see Comedy Central ponying up big bucks to snap it up like they did with Futurama and King of the Hill. 

I think it's just been put on the shelf for now [ or maybe it'll go into circulation on TBS ] . It's a background noise ratings show and might return at some point just for filler. I think they are trying to recapture some of their earlier lightening by returning to their own original classics and needed the room for that. 

Yeah I've noticed ATHF and Harvey Birdman (!) and even Home Movies back.

Years ago before Cleveland got a spinoff, I remember reading an article saying that Quagmire would be getting his own spinoff. Then, it suddenly became Cleveland.

Regarding Family Guy characters, I never found Cleveland to be that interesting. Meg is more interesting than Cleveland, which should say something.

Judging by the looks of it, Fox is trying to eliminate more animation from its Sunday night block with the exception of The Simpsons and Family Guy. Most of Fox's shows suck anyway.

The moment Fox does have a show worth watching, they either cancel it, or the writers mess up the writing, which usually leads to cancellation anyway.

Edited by PurgatoryGirl

10 minutes ago, PurgatoryGirl said:

Years ago before Cleveland got a spinoff, I remember reading an article saying that Quagmire would be getting his own spinoff. Then, it suddenly became Cleveland.

Regarding Family Guy characters, I never found Cleveland to be that interesting. Meg is more interesting than Cleveland, which should say something.

Judging by the looks of it, Fox is trying to eliminate more animation from its Sunday night block with the exception of The Simpsons and Family Guy. Most of Fox's shows suck anyway.

The moment Fox does have a show worth watching, they either cancel it, or the writers mess up the writing, which usually leads to cancellation anyway.

Cleveland of Family Guy wasn't interesting at all, but they fleshed him out more and gave him more character on The Cleveland Show.

I actually kinda hate to think what a Quagmire Show would be. It would be nothing but sex. Quagmire's sexual escapades are fine when contained to a small part of Family Guy, but for a full half hour each week?

I'm not sure Fox is so much trying to eliminate more animation as they are trying to eliminate more MacFarlane. I think American Dad and The Cleveland Show are the only "successful" ones they've dropped, right? They still got Bob's Burgers, right?

58 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Cleveland of Family Guy wasn't interesting at all, but they fleshed him out more and gave him more character on The Cleveland Show.

I actually kinda hate to think what a Quagmire Show would be. It would be nothing but sex. Quagmire's sexual escapades are fine when contained to a small part of Family Guy, but for a full half hour each week?

I'm not sure Fox is so much trying to eliminate more animation as they are trying to eliminate more MacFarlane. I think American Dad and The Cleveland Show are the only "successful" ones they've dropped, right? They still got Bob's Burgers, right?

About a year or so ago, Fox canceled some other animated shows. I can't remember what they were called. That should tell you how significant they really were.

Actually Fox cancelling American Dad, then tossing it to TBS really annoyed me.

I know there are those from ASMB, who have a problem with American Dad mostly because of their political views.

The cartoon is supposed to be political satire and it premiered, during Bush's 2nd term in 2005.

American Dad started out as a political cartoon mocking conservatives. That's besides making fun of everything and everyone like South Park.

Therefore, I fail to see why this community has such disdain for Seth MacFarlane and his shows.

If anything, my biggest complaint about American Dad right now is that TBS has made the writing more contrived.

Have you noticed how much the writers purposely insert the word, "shit" into the characters' dialogues now?

Not that I'm a prude or anything. Dating back to my youth, I used to out cuss truck drivers and sailors and have always been anti-censorship. You have a great chance of seeing me cuss online. LOL!

However, it feels like TBS is trying to show the viewers that now that American Dad is on a cable network like TBS, they can say "shit" in their dialogues. When it is used in their dialogues, it feels forced. You know, kinda like being a try hard?

Also, TBS's commercial breaks are too random. That's not including the fact, that it was really obnoxious having to sit through watching annoying clips of Samantha Bee, during commercial breaks.

Sometimes when I do happen to have my TV playing in the background, American Dad reruns will be airing on Adult Swim or TBS. It all depends on if I'm waiting for something else to come on.

Anyway, I never cared for Cleveland or his show. He was always a boring Family Guy (or should I say Seth MacFarlane?) character.

Edited by PurgatoryGirl

25 minutes ago, PurgatoryGirl said:

About a year or so ago, Fox canceled some other animated shows. I can't remember what they were called. That should tell you how significant they really were.

Actually Fox cancelling American Dad, then tossing it to TBS really annoyed me.

I know there are those from ASMB, who have a problem with American Dad mostly because of their political views.

The cartoon is supposed to be political satire and it premiered, during Bush's 2nd term in 2005.

American Dad started out as a political cartoon mocking conservatives. That's besides making fun of everything and everyone like South Park.

Therefore, I fail to see why this community has such disdain for Seth MacFarlane and his shows.

If anything, my biggest complaint about American Dad right now is that TBS has made the writing more contrived.

Have you noticed how much the writers purposely insert the word, "shit" into the characters' dialogues now?

Not that I'm a prude or anything. Dating back to my youth, I used to out cuss truck drivers and sailors and have always been anti-censorship. You have a great chance of seeing me cuss online. LOL!

However, it feels like TBS is trying to show the viewers that now that American Dad is on a cable network like TBS, they can say "shit" in their dialogues. When it is used in their dialogues, it feels forced. You know, kinda like being a try hard?

Also, TBS's commercial breaks are too random. That's not including the fact, that it was really obnoxious having to sit through watching annoying clips of Samantha Bee, during commercial breaks.

Sometimes when I do happen to have my TV playing in the background, American Dad reruns will be airing on Adult Swim or TBS. It all depends on if I'm waiting for something else to come on.

Anyway, I never cared for Cleveland or his show. He was always a boring Family Guy (or should I say Seth MacFarlane?) character.

I actually think American Dad wasn't so great at the beginning when all it cared about was mocking conservatives. A few (?) years into it's existence, it pretty much dumped that premise and became great. I think maybe a season or two before it made the switch to TBS it started to go downhill a bit. Now the only thing recognizable about it are the visuals and the voices. The style of writing and humor is completely different now. I wonder if it has anything to do with Matt Barker (is that his name?) leaving the show.

And I agree about the gratuitous use of the word "shit."

From the very beginning, I never had any major problems with American Dad. The cartoon wasn't extremely politically divisive, which was what I liked about it.

It wasn't until Bush's 2nd term, that entertainment as a whole became politically divisive. Political division in the music industry was another reason why I quit doing radio years ago. Anyway, I digress.

Before American Dad was tossed to TBS, I noticed how the writers started making Stan more into a flamboyant "metrosexual." Early on, they loved to insinuate that he was an in the closet homosexual.

Gradually, the writers made Stan appear slightly more open-minded and flamboyant.

It was disappointing after a while, when they stopped giving Klaus more airtime to focus more on Roger and Steve.

Not that I watch Rick And Morty, but I honestly feel that their writers modeled those characters after Roger and Steve's "Wheels & Leg Man" personas.

Edited by PurgatoryGirl