UnevenEdge

Voltron Legendary Defender might have a Gay storyline after all

mochi

SUPPOSEDLY, and I do not fully accept it as fact yet, they confirmed that

Spoiler

Shiro is (or was since the current Shiro is not the original Shiro) Gay and that he was engaged to marry another guy before the Kerb Mission happened, at Comic Con

again, I say "or was" because who knows if the Current Shiro is still gay since he's not the same person

edit:

supposedly it's true but I'm still waiting for the catch

@Jman

Edited by mochi

34 minutes ago, QueenoftheDorks said:

Shiro is the baby Guts looking one right? Good for him.

like I said

there's gotta be a catch where he somehow isn't really gay.....the show's writers just finished saying they never had any Same sex romance storylines planned and didn't include to add any

so unless they abruptly rewrote and reanimated season 7 it's not bloody likely the current version of Shiro is gay

2 hours ago, mochi said:

SUPPOSEDLY, and I do not fully accept it as fact yet, they confirmed that

Reveal hidden contents

Shiro is (or was since the current Shiro is not the original Shiro) Gay and that he was engaged to marry another guy before the Kerb Mission happened, at Comic Con

again, I say "or was" because who knows if the Current Shiro is still gay since he's not the same person

edit:

supposedly it's true but I'm still waiting for the catch

@Jman

Apparently this was suggested by one of the staff, Bex Taylor Klaus, the voice of Pidge.

The same VA Keith and Lance shippers kept attacking.

Monkeys paw any one?  Klance is dead but there is legitimate representation.  There’s also probably gonna be a Keith/Lance/Allura love triangle.

Edited by Jman

24 minutes ago, Jman said:

Apparently this was suggested by one of the staff, Bex Taylor Klaus, the voice of Pidge.

The same VA Keith and Lance shippers kept attacking.

Monkeys paw any one?  Klance is dead but there is legitimate representation.  There’s also probably gonna be a Keith/Lance/Allura love triangle.

assuming this really is legitimate representation and not just some kind of trick I will resume watching VLD

also I never disliked Bex heck she said she also wanted Pidge to be a Trans boy....which is where I ASSUMED her storyline was going

21 minutes ago, mochi said:

assuming this really is legitimate representation and not just some kind of trick I will resume watching VLD

also I never disliked Bex heck she said she also wanted Pidge to be a Trans boy....which is where I ASSUMED her storyline was going

She never said that, only that she had no issue with that interpretation.  

It also exposes the Klance shippers for the hypocrites they are.

45 minutes ago, Jman said:

She never said that, only that she had no issue with that interpretation.  

It also exposes the Klance shippers for the hypocrites they are.

I mean I'm gonna resume watching with an eye of skepticism but if Shiro genuinely does end up being gay, that's literally all i was asking for, for SOMEONE in the show to not be hetero, so I'm sated, if they Klance shippers still wanna whine that's their problem

So an update, in the interview they revealed several things, one I'm annoyed about but I'll deal with it

first of all, they said they actually planned to reveal Shiro was gay from the beginning, but decided to drop the storyline when they assumed Shiro was going to Die like he did in the original, because they didn't want to write ANOTHER "bury your gays" story

once they got they OK to let him live through the entire series, they figured, why the hell not lets make him gay after all like we originally intended

also, they said they're never going to confirm what his actual sexuality is....just that he's in love with another man

because they "want to represent everyone"