UnevenEdge

TV/gaming monitor suggestions.

PhilosipherStoned

So the next thing I'm gonna do when I'm set on the money is upgrade the tv I use for console gaming, I wanted to try a dual monitor set up for my computer desk, but since I got these two big ass tascam sound monitors for music I'm pretty sure I can't fit another reasonable sized monitor on it..so for now I'm just looking for an affordable 48-50' flat screen to actually get down on some console gaming with. 

I'm thinking about getting this..https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N6HNA8T?tag=edit-tech-round-up-20&ascsubtag=719cc824-fe4d-4068-83b5-36e9763b6517 but I could save about 100 dollars and get a walmart brand of the same length and res. only it has a lower refresh rate (60hz as opposed to the 120hz). I've never been one to obsess over graphics too much in gaming as long as I can run full settings and get a reasonable 1080p experience so what are you guys thoughts on refresh rates?

Also if you have any cheap gaming computer monitor suggestions/ pro-tips this is the thread to drop them in I guess..

On 4/17/2018 at 3:23 PM, PhilosipherStoned said:

So the next thing I'm gonna do when I'm set on the money is upgrade the tv I use for console gaming, I wanted to try a dual monitor set up for my computer desk, but since I got these two big ass tascam sound monitors for music I'm pretty sure I can't fit another reasonable sized monitor on it..so for now I'm just looking for an affordable 48-50' flat screen to actually get down on some console gaming with. 

I'm thinking about getting this..https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N6HNA8T?tag=edit-tech-round-up-20&ascsubtag=719cc824-fe4d-4068-83b5-36e9763b6517 but I could save about 100 dollars and get a walmart brand of the same length and res. only it has a lower refresh rate (60hz as opposed to the 120hz). I've never been one to obsess over graphics too much in gaming as long as I can run full settings and get a reasonable 1080p experience so what are you guys thoughts on refresh rates?

Also if you have any cheap gaming computer monitor suggestions/ pro-tips this is the thread to drop them in I guess..

for that size and under $500 i would get one of those budget 4k tv's and call it good. lots of them have decent response time so just get the best one you can. 

Any particular brand or model you would suggest? I may just settle for this cheap walmart brand for this length. It supports 1080p and has 3 hdmI inputs and 1 vga. That's all I need for now for a tv. I still need to get a gaming monitor for my computer, the tv is just gonna be used for console gaming.

Edited by PhilosipherStoned

On 4/24/2018 at 7:34 PM, PhilosipherStoned said:

Any particular brand or model you would suggest? I may just settle for this cheap walmart brand for this length. It supports 1080p and has 3 hdmI inputs and 1 vga. That's all I need for now for a tv. I still need to get a gaming monitor for my computer, the tv is just gonna be used for console gaming.

id look at both the samgsung un43mu6300 and tcl43s405. they should have what youre looking for and in your budget.