UnevenEdge

Yu-Gi-Oh Season 3 AND 4, 5 finally on Netflix

jackiemarie90

Original series, oh mah gawd I'm love! I never got to finish this season in middle school, I'm happy to watch it now. I'm also watching the dub with unnecessary commentary and censorship. It's uh-mazingly hilarious! I also love how extra of a duelist Kaiba is. xD 

Edited by jackiemarie90
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, jackiemarie90 said:

Freaking exactly!! I love how hilarious the comebacks are, usually just people calling each other loser and 2nd rate duelists! All over a children's card game. xD

the japanese version is a lot more serious but i still prefer the campy US version we got. 

though i will admit the japanese version did get a better soundtrack. but nothing can match yami yugis voice. 

• Like 1

On 4/21/2018 at 12:49 PM, Distortedreasoning said:

the japanese version is a lot more serious but i still prefer the campy US version we got. 

though i will admit the japanese version did get a better soundtrack. but nothing can match yami yugis voice. 

I should consider giving the japanese version more love in the future. I remember reading the beginning parts of the manga in middle school and having trippier moments over a children's card game like kidnapping and death threats.

I loved Yu-Gi-Oh! so much in middle school.  I suppose it was a "gateway anime" of sorts for me.  

As an adult, I recognize that it's extremely campy and kind of dumb.  

But I still can't help but love it and have a soft spot for it.  I have a lot of good memories with it.  

On 4/22/2018 at 6:21 PM, jackiemarie90 said:

I should consider giving the japanese version more love in the future. I remember reading the beginning parts of the manga in middle school and having trippier moments over a children's card game like kidnapping and death threats.

yeah in the regular manga i think people actually die from shadow games where in the usa version the shadow realm is just a place you get sent to. 

also marrik killed his dad in the japanese show. 

2 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

yeah in the regular manga i think people actually die from shadow games where in the usa version the shadow realm is just a place you get sent to. 

also marrik killed his dad in the japanese show. 

Idk, the Shadow Realm had strong connotations with hell, so despite the censorship attempts, the implications still kind of ended up being just as disturbing.