UnevenEdge

So cartoon fans, what's your opinion on Unikitty?

I don't particularly care about CN, but I often have it on as background noise, and I'll occasionally look up at the screen. This has been enough for me to dislike Unikitty already. The titular character and Puppycorn have the same major flaw that Cyborg does on TTG: they excitedly exclaim every single fucking line of dialogue, whether or not it calls for it. This is really fucking annoying. Fictional characters, cartoon or not, shouldn't act like they're always on cocaine.

Those of you who still like non-adult cartoons, what do you think of it?

• 3 weeks later...

Garbo. Isn't it cashing in on some Lego Movie meme material or something? The whole "cute character turns into fiery rage beast" gimmick can only be milked for so long. It also feels a bit too obviously merchandise-y. Idk if they're actually pushing out any toys or anything, just that that feels like CN's m.o. It either needs to push toys or be childish meme fodder. And I think treatment of more quality shows bears that out.

Personally, I just don't understand how CN gets away with airing the same small handful of shows all day every day. They still put out new episodes of Adventure Time, but refuse to air it at all otherwise? Steven-bomb, and then forget the show exists for another few months? I mean, I guess I should be thankful that they've also dropped some other bad failures. But I'm kinda missing stuff like Chowder lately.

• 2 weeks later...