UnevenEdge

Right Stuf Gundam Blu Ray Releases?

Zenigundam

Waste of money? I own the Bandai normal DVDs from years ago for many of them, but I got excited when I read about the releases of Turn A Gundam and Double Zeta, both of which I haven't seen because they weren't dubbed into English, but to my chagrin they are just the same old subbed anime being released on Blu Ray. It irks me to watch anime in Japanese honestly. Shame too because I really liked Zeta and own it all on DVD, but have always wanted to watch ZZ Gundam, but just won't watch the subbed version.  >(

ive always wondered about this and if it was because the cost of dubbing a show is higher than any profit the licensor could make

but then stuff like the monogatari series  goes without a dub even though im positive it'd sell well.

a big reason too i guess is aniplex licensing it.

but yeah, idk if this still applies, but if aniplex or sentai license a show, unless it's notably popular, it won't get a dub.

afaik righstuf doesn't really dub shows i think, sunrise probably just got them as a distributor.

Well what happened with Zeta is Bandai tried to sell it to CN to put on either Toonami or Adult Swim, but it never happened. It's a shame because that's all that probably needed to happen for ZZ Gundam to eventually get dubbed, and Zeta's one of my favorite anime. When I first read about the Right Stuf releases, I thought they were finally picking up the fragmented sub-only pieces of the UC universe and dubbing what Bandai didn't dub. Damn, so this really just amounts to Blu-ray re-releases then. Pretty disappointing. I hadn't been keeping up with anime DVD releases for the past few years, but someone mentioned the availability of the Gundam series on Blu-ray thanks to Right Stuf and I was hoping there'd be some new dubs being pumped out.

Turn A is worth watching in its sub-only format, especially since it's been virtually impossible to find in English until just recently, and most people are seeing it for the first time thanks to the new Sunrise translation. If I had the $$$, I'd get Part I sometime soon.

Can't vouch for ZZ, but I hear it's alot campier than Zeta.