UnevenEdge

Loonix, BSD, and other operating systems discussion

Rumb0

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hopefully, not everyone here is a Winfag or Macfag so we can have a circlejerk discussion surrounding Linux, BSD (who even uses this as desktop OS), and Temple OS (the best operating system).

I only use Arch Linux.

I'd only ever use BSD for a firewall box or similar application. Harden the crap out of it, and hopefully never have to touch it again.

My personal computer has been primarily vanilla Debian (or Ubuntu/Mint prior to that) for a few years. I stopped trying compile stuff manually a while ago, but I guess the closest thing is installing nvidia-kernel-dkms and letting scripts build video card binaries for me. But audio has been pissing me off for a while, and never works well. I tried to do some unusual things for stuff like mpd in the past, and no matter what I've tried to do to get it back to default, it never worked well again.

I come across a lot of HP-UX boxes at work, and it's an OS that's missing just enough parity from Linux to annoy me until I can get use to it again.

But I just ordered parts to build a new PC, along with a copy of Win10 to go with it, so I probably won't have as much to complain about once I've gotten used to it at home.