UnevenEdge

HA! Kick Ass!

PurgatoryGirl

In case you're wondering about the latest gif in this sub-forum, it is a gif from the Shojo Horror Comedy, Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge. It is best known as "The Wallflower" in English.

Last Sunday in the Horror sub-forum, I posted episode 1 in a thread. If you are open-minded, don't need to politicize everything, and are interested, click on the link below. ;)

http://unevenedge.com/horror/(anime)-yamato-nadeshiko-shichi-henge/

In the meantime...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

305841140_1591529.gif?4

What happened to the Horror sub-forum? It was still here earlier this morning. Now, I come back only to see that it is gone. :o

Anyway, in case you missed the video I posted in Horror, here it is once again. Yes, The Wallflower is in English Subtitles.

It is a Shojo Horror Comedy about 4 pretty boy high school students, who live in a mansion. The landlord of this mansion asks Kyouhei, Ranmaru, Takenaga, and Yukinojou to help turn her niece (Sunako) into a refined young lady. If the 4 boys succeed, their landlord won't charge them for rent. If they fail, she will triple charge them for rent.

Also, in case you didn't already know, Sunako is a spoof of the character Sadako from the original J-Horror film, Ringu. Ringu was remade in Hollywood as "The Ring," 15 years ago.

• 8 months later...

Since I'm on a budget with the last of my birthday money, I thought I would buy some Anime. After reading about some of my other favorite Horror Anime titles like Shiki, for example losing their licenses, I searched for the cheapest I could find. 

Shiki was not within my budget. Neither was xxxHolic and the online advertisements claiming that shoppers will get the complete box set is very misleading. The series has 37 episodes and all 37 don't cost $17 or $18.

Then, I looked at Walmart and saw Ghost Hunt on sale for $16. That doesn't seem like it's in serious danger just yet. Instead, I bought The Wallflower at Barnes & Noble. Considering that it is a Horror Comedy Anime, which is a rare find, I bought The Wallflower instead.

Edited by PurgatoryGirl

1 minute ago, QueenoftheDorks said:

Their license is up from what I understand so I guess they're purging the DVDs.

Yes, that's right. Shiki's license is up. That's partly why I chose to buy The Wallflower. 

Even though there hasn't been any news about it being in danger of losing its license, I still chose to buy it because it is really hard to find in stores. I was just lucky to find The Wallflower, last night.

Too bad none of the cable or satellite networks chose to air The Wallflower, Shiki, Ghost Hunt, xxxHolic, etc. Adult Swim really could've aired Another and Shiki years ago, if not Chiller TV before the network ceased. There were so many opportunities gone to waste.