UnevenEdge

The Gifted

nameraka

watching ep 1 now...

s'okay. i just feel like i've seen all this before.

it does have some known x-men characters that we haven't really seen much of in the movies like polaris and blink. so that's cool i guess.

i keep expecting stephen moyer to slip up and call amy acker "sookie" though.  :P

I watched the first episode and liked it. My standards aren't too high though after seeing clips of Inhumans. The theme song ringtone did make me giggle, but one thing that annoyed me was getting my hopes up in the beginning when I thought the father's name was Stryker and it turned out to be Strucker.

I watched the first episode and liked it. My standards aren't too high though after seeing clips of Inhumans. The theme song ringtone did make me giggle, but one thing that annoyed me was getting my hopes up in the beginning when I thought the father's name was Stryker and it turned out to be Strucker.

yeah. I can't say I was blown away, but I saw enough to keep watching for a few more episodes.

I had the same initial response to the strucker/stryker thing. who knows, maybe they'll do something with that.

okay, i'm up to episode 3. it's still kinda formulaic and i can't get over how much the set up is like heroes (the dad works for the bad guys but has a change of heart thing), but confess that i am enjoying it so far.

also really cool to see john (not james) proudstar on screen. didn't realize at first who he was supposed to be.

it suddenly occurred to me where i'd heard the name strucker before:

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Fenris_(Earth-616)

I finished episode 3, and I like parts of the show. My problem is that the daughter is the only likable character in the Strucker family, and I care more about everyone else. It doesn't help that the Strucker parents have to play catchup with the reality of their situation and too much time is spent on that when there are more interesting characters like Lorna.

I finished episode 3, and I like parts of the show. My problem is that the daughter is the only likable character in the Strucker family, and I care more about everyone else. It doesn't help that the Strucker parents have to play catchup with the reality of their situation and too much time is spent on that when there are more interesting characters like Lorna.

agreed. my hope is that as the show evolves, they'll spend more time developing characters like polaris, blink, and thunderbird. i'm guessing they went with teenage protagonists to appeal to that demographic and want the parents to serve as a sort of surrogate for viewers who aren't already familiar with the x-men universe.

yeah, as much as i liked amy acker on angel, i'm not digging her as a mom. and i've never really liked whatshisname from tru blood.

So, me, who do you think John's father is?

Well, me, I'm glad you asked. They kind of insinuated that it might be one of the x-men. That got me thinking of forge. i mean, i know he's the wrong tribe, but since the whole show is retconning x-men anyway...

hmmm. that's interesting, me.  i didn't think of that. :|