UnevenEdge

Kemono Friends ruined, One-Punch Man ruined, everything continues to be shit

Blatch

It's not a good day in the anime world, to be honest. Who knew this world, created so we could get away from politics, ends up imploding on itself?

Kemono Friends fired its director, who was responsible for pretty much the entire script of the first season and much of the CG modeling. So I guess Kadokawa wants to sterilize the series for more general audiences... completely ignoring that the show only became popular because of that.

And One-Punch Man S2 is being animated at a different studio with a new director. Now, the animation quality of the show had to do with the freelancers that were brought in. If enough of them want to come back, this one might not be so bad... but I would step with much caution.

Man, talk about lots of negative news. Next you're going to tell me that the U.S. Senate is going to vote on taking away 32 million peoples' health care by the end of the week...

Updates on the sitch:

Kadokawa Dwango Head 'Worried' About Kemono Friends Director's Removal

Kemono Friends Site: Anime Studio Yaoyorozu Pulled Out Due to Communication Issues  Apparently Nissin and JRA both claim they did have permission to do the KF collaborations, so that doesn't look too good for Kadokawa.  Also, it looks like someone was not at all happy about this situation.  Note the CEO and VP.  :D

And of course:

Fans Take to Change.org To Bring Back Former Kemono Friends Director

Yep, I think we can pretty much kiss a second season good-bye, at least one that's worth watching.  I'm sure they'll grind out something to show they tried to capitalize on it.

In the meantime, we have a Hollywood live action your name to look forward to...  -_'  /s

And they had the VAs for the anime apologize for nothing in particular as damage control... a meat shield, if you will.

It's not a stretch to say that the anime is ruined FOREVER. I mean, they've fired every other person who made the original anime into what it was. Anything made in the future might as well be a completely different show. </3