UnevenEdge

How many of you would be interested in a "Community Center" like Discord server?

Sandstone

Vote in the Poll I included at the top if interested or not interested.

That way, I will have an idea on whether or not this would be worth the effort to put together.

What is Discord?

For those of you who do not know, Discord is a new and popular free voice, and text chat server that is frequently used by Gamers and other social groups such as Anime or Movie enthusiasts. It is a free download, light weight app that is cross platform and has a large variety of features including Voice and Text Chat rooms, emojis and custom emojis, image and video sharing, hot linking, and the soon to be added Video Chats, among many others. Link to Discord's site: https://discordapp.com/

The premise of a UEMB Community Center:

I've been thinking about doing for a while is to make a public Discord for UEMB members that would like to interact with a number of social activities online. I have been thinking of activities lately corresponding to many of the forums that I have thought "I would really like to do more with this  with other people". I already do some of these activities with other friends, either local or other groups I hang with, I am a part of multiple gamers and anime nerd groups. A lot of these are just things I wish I did have a group for though. My basic idea is to set it up like a group of social "clubs" that people could join and partake in daily, weekly, or monthly type activities. The following are some of the clubs I'm considering including to start with that I think others might also be interested in.

Possible Clubs:

RPG and TableTop Club

[*]Would host D&D and/or Pathfinder games weekly or bi-weekly or something (there are many free or cheap applications that allow for this type of campaign or custom play).

[*]Would host other random or one-off or rotational online board games or replicas (there are many popular and common free or cheap applications that do this)

Book and Literature Club

[*]Would meet probably once a month to discuss book readings from a rotational or voted list (like most other IRL book club meetings) for those reading enthusiasts that love reading regularly.

[*]Would hold Weekly or Monthly literature submissions in form of fan fiction or short stories or serialized stories for peer review, critique, praise, or otherwise exposure for the author (possibly in multiple categories).

[*]Would hold Weekly or Monthly poetry submissions and/or readings for peer review and such.

Video Gamers Club

[*]Would hold a weekly or monthly multiplayer type of game, perhaps in rotation or series. Possibly things like Civilization Series, Galactic Civ, RTS like Command and Conquer or Starcraft, a Moba (like Smite, League of Legends, Dota 2, or Paragon).

[*]Would issue a gaming "newsletter" for opinions or reviews of single player games for club information.

[*]Would contain a place for other types of multiplayer games that people could post they are playing and ask if anyone is interested in immediate or future play throughs or grouping.

Anime and Manga Club

[*]Similar to Book Club in that it would hold a weekly or monthly chat or voice chat to talk about animes and mangas from a rotational or voted list.

[*]Would potentially host something like a weekly private (invitation only) stream broadcast of an anime on a public free service like Rabb.it or another agreed upon equivalent site. For voice and text chat discussion and hang out.

[*]Would contain a place to link forum submissions for anime or manga reviews with brief descriptions for those interested in new material they may not have seen before.

Music Club

[*]Would contain a chat for review of or linked submissions on the forum for Musical Genres.

[*]Would contain a place for people to share or show case their own music or music from a band they are in or otherwise promote local bands/shows/artists.

Social Hangout

• With the coming inclusion of Video Chatrooms this could act as a weekly hangout spot for those looking for an alternate to our Tinychat hangouts frequently hosted on the weekends.
  • A lot of people I have talked to or old members that might be interested have not been able to join TinyChat due to lag or otherwise issues with the Tinychat App.
  • Group viewing of TV shows or Movies could be held here as well.
  • Weekly games of something like Cards Against Humanity could take place here.

That is just a few ideas for things I have thought about introducing or participating in.  Don't forget to vote and/or comment to show support or disinterest in this idea.

Already have a Discord for my group animu needs, so I doubt I'd use another myself.

Yeah, I realized some already do have hang out type groups they are with. This is just for those interested in specific activities that would be appealing to UEMB members as a whole.