UnevenEdge

whether or not to call animal control

nameraka

on my next door neighbors who let their dog run free around the neighborhood, especially at night.

i'm mostly afraid that he's going to get into it with my dog when i'm putting him in the car to go to the park or something.

he isn't what i'd call aggressive, but he's high strung and territorial. (and his territory seems to extend to my front yard)

so far i've managed to keep them apart, but he's gotten closer than i'm comfortable with a couple of times, and he really shouldn't be in my yard at all.

the trade off is, of course, pissing off the neighbors if they find out who did it. i'm also concerned that he might end up being euthanized or something.

I have never called animal control in my life, however I'm a wilderness type guy who's raised dogs and wolf

hybrids, and I;ve never really felt threatened enough by even larger dogs to do it. I bet he's doing that thing

where if you..or even you and your dog walk towards him he barks, and kind of backs up a bit acting tough,

but if you turn your back or try to walk away from him he gets closer. typical dog thing..as long as you hold

your ground and you dont run, act scared, or make sudden movements most dogs wont attack you.

I have never called animal control in my life, however I'm a wilderness type guy who's raised dogs and wolf

hybrids, and I;ve never really felt threatened enough by even larger dogs to do it. I bet he's doing that thing

where if you..or even you and your dog walk towards him he barks, and kind of backs up a bit acting tough,

but if you turn your back or try to walk away from him he gets closer. typical dog thing..as long as you hold

your ground and you dont run, act scared, or make sudden movements most dogs wont attack you.

pretty much my read as well.

he's more skittish than anything else. i'm not worried about my safety, but once or twice he's gotten way too close to my dog, and sometimes skittish dogs can be unpredictable.

i really don't want to call animal control, but i'm also not about to let something happen to my dog.

If they do get into it..it's hard to say what would happen you never know. It's your call I guess.

I hate the local animal control, and I've seen the inside. My dog was locked in there for 10 days,

but he had it worse than the other animals being locked in a literal concrete holding cell.

I've only heard rumors about how the euthanization process works, but I'd rather not think about it.

If they do get into it..it's hard to say what would happen you never know. It's your call I guess.

I hate the local animal control, and I've seen the inside. My dog was locked in there for 10 days,

but he had it worse than the other animals being locked in a literal concrete holding cell.

I've only heard rumors about how the euthanization process works, but I'd rather not think about it.

yeah. i originally got my dog from a "shelter" that was run by animal control in a county where they could only afford to keep them alive for a week. it was pretty fucking terrible, hence my reluctance to call them.

i suppose i could break down and try talking to my neighbors about their dog.

real live human interaction, though... gross...  :|