UnevenEdge

Today in 1941 in the small town of Butler, PA

Rogue_Alphonse

You would have lost your mind but there was someone selling a rebuilt Willy around here just last year. Looked frickin' mint condition - they did a very careful job. Even I was almost tempted to see about getting it but winters around here are not jeep-friendly in the least and something like this needed a garage to safely sit in at night.

You would have lost your mind but there was someone selling a rebuilt Willy around here just last year. Looked frickin' mint condition - they did a very careful job. Even I was almost tempted to see about getting it but winters around here are not jeep-friendly in the least and something like this needed a garage to safely sit in at night.

And probably wanted a LOOOOT more than I could afford.

Besides, my dream "classic Jeep" is a CJ-8 Scrambler. :P

jeep-scrambler-1984-7.jpg

And probably wanted a LOOOOT more than I could afford.

I think it was under $10,000. I remember seeing it and thinking I could actually get it so it had to be a number I've seen in the past. :D But I also think it was one of those things where if they didn't want to sell to you, they wouldn't. They wanted it to go to someone who would actually appreciate the thing.

I think it was under $10,000. I remember seeing it and thinking I could actually get it so it had to be a number I've seen in the past. :D But I also think it was one of those things where if they didn't want to sell to you, they wouldn't. They wanted it to go to someone who would actually appreciate the thing.

See, I can't own something like that.

If I buy a rugged post WWII Jeep, I'm gonna wheel the bitch. Mainly because they are completely bonkers offroad... newer vehicles with more technology still can't go where they can.