UnevenEdge

So I am going to start fermenting mash...

Rogue_Alphonse

You know why...

Anyway I had known since December that there were a few buckets under the basement stairwell that I had planned to use.

I dug them out.

There are thirty-two.

-_'

I could run a factory if I wanted to...

couple of things, 1 CO2 is denser than oxygen and can kill people if it settles on them. To ferment means to exist in an oxygen free environment so keep the buckets as full and as shut as possible, make sure to pitch the yeast at around 40 degrees C, and invest in yeast nutrient.

Also while the internet is full of elaborate gas valve set ups, a simple hole with a folded piece of paper towel does the job just fine.

couple of things, 1 CO2 is denser than oxygen and can kill people if it settles on them. To ferment means to exist in an oxygen free environment so keep the buckets as full and as shut as possible, make sure to pitch the yeast at around 40 degrees C, and invest in yeast nutrient.

Also while the internet is full of elaborate gas valve set ups, a simple hole with a folded piece of paper towel does the job just fine.

I've been reading :P

Plus I definitely HAVE to have a vent down there just for the simple fact that I am gonna have a small natural gas burner.

I've been reading :P

Plus I definitely HAVE to have a vent down there just for the simple fact that I am gonna have a small natural gas burner.

Also for the wine you are going to want campden tablets, potassium sulfate is what I use, sodium sulfate is also used but I hear it makes the wine taste salty.

Also for the wine you are going to want campden tablets, potassium sulfate is what I use, sodium sulfate is also used but I hear it makes the wine taste salty.

speaking of wine, what does Dandelion wine taste like?