UnevenEdge

Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return

Killa Ounze

Figured I'd do a thread for discussing the return of MST3K because I haven't seen one here for the new show, and personally it's always been a favorite of mine when I was younger, and I found thanks to netflix even as an adult I have a love for it.

With that said I think they nailed it. I'm on episode 4 now, and so far I love it. At first althogh Felcia Day and Patton Oswalt are fantastic, I thought their chemistry was a bit off, but overall I think it's working.

Also I don't love Jonah so far, he almost bugs me, but with the help of his robot friends, and the formula of the original it almost feels to me like it never went off air and just switched hosts again lol so over all I think I'm happy with it.

So are you loving or hating the new crew?

• 2 weeks later...

It's good.

Jonah's a good choice.  He fits that Joel/Mike mold, but also brings something slightly different at the same time.  They had good movies this season.  And guest spots by just about all the old cast members.  And I'm only on like - episode 4 (Avalanche).  I like that the episodes are long enough that I have to spread them out.

I tried to do that with Trailer Park Boys and ended up buzzing through them faster than I wanted to.  It's nice to be able to take some time and watch them spaced out.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...