UnevenEdge

This whole Canada Nazi business

Mix

https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/canadian-pm-apologises-after-parliamentary-speaker-publicly-praised-nazi-2023-09-27/

The president's apologizing, the speakers resigning, and Poland wants him extradited. That's all fun and everything, but I haven't heard anything critical about the guy's decision to accept the invite. Imagine being a Nazi that got away with it (the guy was 98, he was at the finish line) and you receive an invitation to be honored by the government of the country you've been successfully hiding out in. Why would you go? I have to think he didn't make it this far by being sloppy. You have to see the background check coming, right? I mean, whatever they think this guy did, he did it. No innocent man would have the balls to show up and receive that standing ovation with that feigned look of humility. That guy did not give a fuck. There's nothing they could do to him now. Trashed reputations don't mean anything to these guys. This was one last fuck you.

• Like 1