UnevenEdge

The Owl House

Lynnrael

it's really good. it's very queer and the story hits harder for neurodivergent folks but it's a great story with multiple characters for everyone to relate to. its made for kids but it's so well written that you don't really notice that aspect of it, and it keeps getting better.

1 hour ago, eklipse said:

I haven’t finished it but I enjoy it.

Hooty is hilarious 😂  

“The Tale of Dark and Grimm” on Netflix is good too.  It’s a kid show but entertaining for older viewers alike.  

hooty is excellent! i hope you keep watching, it just gets better and better. i cried through most of the last 3 eps, they were just so good lol. 

I'll have to check that out. watching black lagoon again so I'm going to need something light to follow up with to cheer me up lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lynnrael said:

hooty is excellent! i hope you keep watching, it just gets better and better. i cried through most of the last 3 eps, they were just so good lol. 

I'll have to check that out. watching black lagoon again so I'm going to need something light to follow up with to cheer me up lol

Been meaning to rewatch Black Lagoon for a good bit now, also making a note on Dark and Grimm.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LoverDemon said:

Been meaning to rewatch Black Lagoon for a good bit now, also making a note on Dark and Grimm.

Dark and Grimm is short!  I think it’s only 9 episodes.

The Owl House is on Disney+ I think. 

I need to rewatch so many shows, Black Lagoon included.  Maybe you guys should start a rewatch thread.  😆

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, eklipse said:

Dark and Grimm is short!  I think it’s only 9 episodes.

The Owl House is on Disney+ I think. 

I need to rewatch so many shows, Black Lagoon included.  Maybe you guys should start a rewatch thread.  😆

Yeah, I'd be up for a Black Lagoon rewatch, truth be told I'd rewatch just about any anime.

Definitely was stifled in the end with the cancellation, but at least got to tell the story it wanted as best it could.

Saw the finale as a re-airing, thought it was ok but left some loose ends... until I watched the recording I had of the finale premier, with the entire extended ending post-credits scene stuff, and that did a lot to really tie it all up.

With it ended, there's not really much left airing for me to get into. Amphibia caught me around the same time and also ended not so long ago. Really needs to be at least one of these cartoon greats airing somewhere at all times... but with Owl House getting canned the way it did, hard to imagine anywhere willing to invest in letting one really stretch and grow.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LoverDemon said:

Yeah, I'd be up for a Black Lagoon rewatch, truth be told I'd rewatch just about any anime.

Yea me too.  I want to rewatch original Trigun.  I finished Trigun Stampede but couldn’t even really compare because I forgot so much.  

Edited by eklipse

59 minutes ago, eklipse said:

Yea me too.  I want to rewatch original Trigun.  I finished Trigun Stampede but couldn’t even really compare because I forgot so much.  

Haven't seen that in ages myself. If I'm being honest, I probably haven't watched most of the classic [as] anime since the boards went down.

2 hours ago, rpgamer said:

Definitely was stifled in the end with the cancellation, but at least got to tell the story it wanted as best it could.

Saw the finale as a re-airing, thought it was ok but left some loose ends... until I watched the recording I had of the finale premier, with the entire extended ending post-credits scene stuff, and that did a lot to really tie it all up.

With it ended, there's not really much left airing for me to get into. Amphibia caught me around the same time and also ended not so long ago. Really needs to be at least one of these cartoon greats airing somewhere at all times... but with Owl House getting canned the way it did, hard to imagine anywhere willing to invest in letting one really stretch and grow.

the extended stuff really did tie up a lot of loose ends but it also made me feel incredibly sad, like we missed out on all the time in between.

but i also feel like the last episode was everything i wanted it to be in terms of the main story and tying that part up. all 3 episodes of the final "season" really did a lot to show everyone's character development, and i think for what they were given it was really well done. but i can't help but wonder how much we lost with not getting a full 3rd season

3 hours ago, LoverDemon said:

I've been on an anime rewatching kick lol. I've also rewatched Ergo Proxy and Cowboy Bebop in the last few months. 

5 hours ago, eklipse said:

I started over from episode one because I couldn’t remember what’s going on. Forgot how funny this show is.  😂

edit: this is the promo poster for the Wailing Star Meteor Shower 😂

B6D078F6-ED0B-4264-9F03-5320DA0C1F9D.jpeg

i did that exact same thing actually. well, I also wanted a little more time before the show was fully over for me 😔

but yeah, the show has great humor on top of its excellent character development and world building

• Like 1