UnevenEdge

New One Piece and Naruto bumpers

So last night, it seems they refreshed the bumpers for OP and Naruto. But am I the only one who feels like they went abnormally far ahead for the footage? One OP one looks like Doffy in early Dressrosa, or at the very least tail end of Punk Hazard, while the other prominently showed Momonoske, whose human form was intentionally obscured in his intro episode. 

Naruto is even stranger, one is from the Itachi filler which is roughly 15 weeks away, and the other is the final Naruto vs Sauske fight, which I’m pretty sure we are at least 40 episodes away from. That’s a post war fight, we haven’t even had Kaguya show up properly yet. 

It’s not out of the ordinary to see them use footage from further out for bumpers, like one of the old OP ones with Zoro carrying Tashigi hasn’t even aired yet, but was I the only one who felt like they reached forward much further than usual?

5 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

I wonder if they maybe plan on doubling back up on OP and Naruto? Or they could just be lazy and made bumpers that they can use for the next year or whatever haha 

I considered this, if OP doubled up soon, we would be at the end of Punk Hazard in 2 months. But that said, a big criticism last year was being months into Punk Hazard and still running Fishman Island bumps. The ones from last night fit the two arcs better though, Dressrosa has a lot of stuff from the current arc bleed over. 

Naruto really threw me off though, even if we doubled up next week and it had no interruptions for the rest of the year, I don’t think we would reach that fight between Naruto and Sauske. I probably wouldn’t have even given this matter much thought without that particular one. 

Just now, Toonamiguy321 said:

I considered this, if OP doubled up soon, we would be at the end of Punk Hazard in 2 months. But that said, a big criticism last year was being months into Punk Hazard and still running Fishman Island bumps. The ones from last night fit the two arcs better though, Dressrosa has a lot of stuff from the current arc bleed over. 

Naruto really threw me off though, even if we doubled up next week and it had no interruptions for the rest of the year, I don’t think we would reach that fight between Naruto and Sauske. I probably wouldn’t have even given this matter much thought without that particular one. 

Yea my money is kinda on them just being lazy and realizing they probably wanted new bumpers or something, IDK haha