UnevenEdge

I slept so good last night

atomicinumatt

On 2/5/2023 at 2:55 AM, Raptorpat said:

I've felt so sleep deprived the past couple weeks and that's with going to bed at a regular hour throughout. This is the latest I've stayed up, by like four hours, in two weeks and I'm afraid I've ruined the entire coming week.

Ah that is no good. 

A consistent and deep sleep is best. 

I have usually been able to fall asleep before 11-12 during the week and stay up late on the weekends but the last couple months I have been staying up past 1am on many of the week days haha I need to get regular sleep again! 

Funny you mention the importance of sleep just this moment...

• Me half hour ago: in bed falling asleep
  • Phone starts vibrating, aunt calling
  • Phone vibrates an extra time for new voicemail
  • Two minutes later: phone vibrates from text from my mom "your aunt has covid and can't watch the baby tomorrow, call your stepfather"
  • Two minutes after that: phone vibrates from mom text again "call your aunt and your stepfather"
  • I give up and have a six minute convo with aunt questioning whether and how it's positive and I just say "if you have the red line then you're positive"
  • I call my stepfather so he can make babysitting arrangements
  • One minute later: mom calls while phone is still in my hand, asked the very urgent question of "who is babysitting the rest of the week after Tuesday" and concluded by telling me to go back to bed 

so now I'm wide awake 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

Funny you mention the importance of sleep just this moment...

• Me half hour ago: in bed falling asleep
  • Phone starts vibrating, aunt calling
  • Phone vibrates an extra time for new voicemail
  • Two minutes later: phone vibrates from text from my mom "your aunt has covid and can't watch the baby tomorrow, call your stepfather"
  • Two minutes after that: phone vibrates from mom text again "call your aunt and your stepfather"
  • I give up and have a six minute convo with aunt questioning whether and how it's positive and I just say "if you have the red line then you're positive"
  • I call my stepfather so he can make babysitting arrangements
  • One minute later: mom calls while phone is still in my hand, asked the very urgent question of "who is babysitting the rest of the week after Tuesday" and concluded by telling me to go back to bed 

so now I'm wide awake 

Oof. 

This is why I turn my notifications off after work in the evening. But I am weird in general and hate the expectation that my phone is going to go off at some point haha 

I hope your aunt feels better and kicks the covid too!