UnevenEdge

PRIMAL SEASON 2 release date announced?

While it’s possible that AS could change their minds between now and then, I think they have every intention of premiering Primal on Thursdays, with next day on HBO Max and encores on Toonami covering all their bases.

Bubbleblabber isn’t a bad source and they most likely got the info from Adult Swim PR.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

Thursday seems quite random seeing as sunday is the day they always want to premiere new episodes of [AS] Originals outside toonami

They most likely don't feel it will mesh well with new episodes of Tuca & Bertie but they can stick it on after Rick & Morty any other night of the week and do better there.

8 minutes ago, Sketch said:

They most likely don't feel it will mesh well with new episodes of Tuca & Bertie but they can stick it on after Rick & Morty any other night of the week and do better there.

is this the first time they've premiered anything new on thursday? I can't remember the last time this happened

seems like it's been so long since sunday became the default day for premieres and it also seems like they are moving away from more than one show airing new episodes on the same day

not sure how i feel about that

Edited by CountFrylock

Thursday specifically? I don't think anything has premiered on just Thursday except for way back in 2005 when they tried airing a different anime every night but they have done stripped premieres across the same time slot on Monday-Friday like they did with Primal's first 5 episodes. Friday at one point was live-action premiere night and interestingly enough in 2004 action premiere night almost became Thursday nights when the network was deciding whether or not to bring ASA back to Saturday to pair with Saturday prime time Toonami (when it was launching in April of 2004) or to let Toonami fill 7pm-2am the way SVES did. An early schedule drafts showed them doing that but they eventually settled on having Adult Swim Action return to Saturday nights 11pm-2am with Toonami airing 7pm-11pm.

it does make me think that maybe they are trying to spread out new content across numerous days in an attempt to keep the adultswim brand in people's minds instead of it just being something they stop thinking about after the latest season of R&M Concludes

Edited by CountFrylock