UnevenEdge

The IDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls U149 is getting an anime

Blatch

God, I am feasting right now.

I think a lot of people are going to look at this and think that the series might be skeevy. Having read the manga (a good chunk of it, anyway), I can assure you that it isn't. So put the box of tissues away, Masquerade. But yeah, it's a cute and wholesome serious about loli idols, who have some quirks of our own. I could tell you the entire saga about how I discovered the manga and went back and forth on if it would ever get animated, but it gets pretty nerdy, involving—among other things—a former professional Touhou player, a live you could stream on the internet (like, wow, when was that a thing?) and some pink-haired bitch. I'll spare the details for Nao now, but I'm glad it's finally happening.

And don't even get me started on the content ratings... 😁

• 7 months later...

Idolm@ster has always been in my blind spot because it’s been like pulling teeth to get the games here.

I’d love to have a game where I can stare at these two for hours on end, but having to watch let’s play or the anime spin-offs for them makes me feel like I’m not doing my due diligence to get into it the same way I could get into something like Love Live, Bang Dream, or EnStars. 

B0B3B4D9-A729-4D98-92CB-663901A47E8D.jpeg.61e4d1b5408234065afbbcea4aaf7dc9.jpeg
7F223362-7C74-4858-BA08-86AFB90E8837.thumb.jpeg.87aed75267f6d4259361ffb8e8b68cfc.jpeg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chapinator_X said:

I’d love to have a game where I can stare at these two for hours on end[...]

Interesting choices, and one of them is supposed to be the villain of the second half of the 2015 anime, let alone not an idol.

I hear ya about the games not being available in English. If you like these franchises, then at some point you learn to live with it. Though it's awkward nowadays given how much Touhou stuff has been localized; that franchise was considered similarly impenetrable in the past, though it also isn't the product of a corporation. For now, I'm okay with the anime being available through the usual channels (except for the 2011 series, whose streaming contract expired last year), leaving the fans to full in the gaps, because they tend to do a good job.