UnevenEdge

mexican dinner

resurrected

3 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

You doctor up your Spanish rice a lot? I make some cubed homefries and season them with taco seasoning, add them with the rice, peppers, onions and tomatoes. 

Not really. I sautee onion and garlic in oil, then add the rice and fry it. Add a can of tomato sauce and water. Add some pepper, garlic powder, chicken bouillon and tomato bouillon. That's it. Don't need to add salt, due to the two bouillons. When I make fajitas, I season them with garlic powder, salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper. Mexican food doesn't really call for cumin. American Mexican food does. I'm not big on cumin, so when I make authentic Mexican food, I don't use it. But if you crack open a frozen Mexican meal, that's all you taste. 

I haven't made mexican in months. I used to have some sort of mexican meal weekly. Most of the meat I have though right now is venison, and I don't want to mask the taste of deer with a lot of spices. Been thinking about smoking a pork butt/loin then finishing it covered with some beer, bell peppers, garlic, and onions making some carnitas. Add some black beans and spanish rice, damn now I'm hungry >_<;

Aside from eggs, hash, sausage, and toast I really haven't cooked much this week. Have that surgery coming up in a couple of weeks to remove the rest of that skin cancer on my head. Think it's just been affecting my drive and attention to cook meats. I love meat too much to not give it my 100% undivided attention. 

On 7/13/2020 at 12:37 PM, resurrected said:

is what's for dinner tomorrow night. 

Pictures to follow.

On 8/4/2020 at 9:09 AM, resurrected said:

maiking chicken fajitas, cheese quesadillas, Spanish rice for dinner. 

I'll post some pictures later.

1 hour ago, HardcoreHunter said:

So how'd it turn out?

That's twice he said there would be pics and didn't deliver now, so I'm gonna assume they looked like this.

chicken-fajita-24460.png

but not as nice looking because the box is always a lie, prepared in the toaster oven of course.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...