UnevenEdge

assassin's creed black flag

resurrected

21 minutes ago, new_disease said:

It is repetitive, but I liked the naval battle aspect. That was a cool new addition to the series. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying it myself. Just hoping more variety shows up as I'm playing it. 

I beat Origins, and got half way through Odyssey. But the repetitiveness in Odyssey was overwhelming. I felt like I was just invading fort after fort. 

I am excited for Valhalla. But I want them to remaster the first one. It's the only one they haven't remastered yet. 

2 minutes ago, resurrected said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying it myself. Just hoping more variety shows up as I'm playing it. 

I beat Origins, and got half way through Odyssey. But the repetitiveness in Odyssey was overwhelming. I felt like I was just invading fort after fort. 

I am excited for Valhalla. But I want them to remaster the first one. It's the only one they haven't remastered yet. 

I'm on Odyssey now, but I'm taking a break because the repetitiveness is getting to me. Now I remember why I stopped playing the games in this series. But I must see where they're going with the story 😤 

But same, Valhalla is the reason why I bought Origins and Odyssey when they were on sale a few months ago. 

Just now, new_disease said:

I'm on Odyssey now, but I'm taking a break because the repetitiveness is getting to me. Now I remember why I stopped playing the games in this series. But I must see where they're going with the story 😤 

But same, Valhalla is the reason why I bought Origins and Odyssey when they were on sale a few months ago. 

I do like the direction they went in Origins and Odyssey. 

The controls are so much better. No more free run and drop or hang or none of that. Just go. It made the game play more smooth for me. 

That was another big complaint in the earlier games for me. You just want to run and dude will stop on a fence post or something and you're like wth? So yeah, removing those dynamics that was a big positive in the last two games for me. 

I remember playing through like 93% of it trying to go for 100%. Uplay did some bullshit update and it cleared my save data. Started up the game and there was nothing. I was so fed up with it that I haven't played an AC game since. I've been thinking about getting back into it though. Maybe 7 years to be pissed about a game is enough. 

34 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

I remember playing through like 93% of it trying to go for 100%. Uplay did some bullshit update and it cleared my save data. Started up the game and there was nothing. I was so fed up with it that I haven't played an AC game since. I've been thinking about getting back into it though. Maybe 7 years to be pissed about a game is enough. 

This is like the fourth time I've started Black Flag. If I don't play it through now, I'm never going to do it. I had to recreate a Uplay account, because I couldn't remember the password and shit to log in, it had been so long. I've got so many damn games I haven't played. The wife just got done with AC3 Remastered, which got me wanting to play the series again. I took pride in Origins. Got 100% in that game. Beat all the elephants in the arenas. Beat all the gods. Odyssey just got boring and I didn't finish it. Might jump back in where I left off after this one. Or maybe Syndicate.

It's weird because I would still buy the games when they went down to like $15-$20 range, but never played them. This steam sale I only bought a couple of things. Just have a big backlog going. Though I kinda want to play through the resident evil games again. Feels like I'm done with my phase of life where I felt like I had to play every AAA game that came out. I still haven't even finished through Red Dead Redemption II. Don't know if it was burn out or what. Just started feeling like a chore to try and do game segments at a time, and when I had days I could dedicate to games I just wanted to sleep, or was busy with other hobbies and internet boards. 

I feel that. It definitely feels like a chore to game sometimes. I played a lot yesterday. Today we went grocery shopping and when I got home, I just wanted to watch ghost videos. Never turned on the Xbox. That's why I hardly ever play. Sawdamizer has been trying to get me to play for a few years now. We have never played. I just don't get on it much. 

The wife plays the Resident Evil series. I can't do scary games. She just beat RE3 Remake, before she went to AC3. Now she's playing Batman Arkham Asylum. She has a PS4, so we have several games of which we have two copies. 

I ordered the Outer Worlds and they didn't send me the physical copy of the game. I'm a collector, so I like the actual copy of the game. I was going to let it slide, but the damn code didn't work. I got nowhere with anyone trying to fix the code. I ended up just buying the physical copy, and I still haven't played the game yet. 

Which system are you on?

I have all of them. PS4, XboneS, PC, Switch lite, Vita, N3DS

Odd that you're into ghosts but not horror games. 

PC I need to figure out some sort of microphone setup or buy a headset that has a mic. I moved my gaming pc to my bedroom out of my living room and put my weaker pc out there. Did it because it because I don't do well in this 90+ degree heat especially when wearing a headset. My bedroom has an AC in it, though there isn't really anywhere to set up a yeti mic around my bed. Main thing that sucks with the PC hooked up to the TV is that it's a much lower refresh rate. 60hrz when you're used to playing on 144hrz monitors takes some getting used to. 

I was waiting for outter worlds to get on PC, but I might just end up getting it on Xbone instead. It's $30 or less, I'll still hold off see if it goes a bit lower, but I know when it comes out on PC it'll be full price. I don't have a huge amount of PS4 games, most of it are actually some games that I had on the Vita. Though I got my PS4 slim for $50 so either way I figured it was a good buy.  

11 hours ago, resurrected said:

I do like the direction they went in Origins and Odyssey. 

The controls are so much better. No more free run and drop or hang or none of that. Just go. It made the game play more smooth for me. 

That was another big complaint in the earlier games for me. You just want to run and dude will stop on a fence post or something and you're like wth? So yeah, removing those dynamics that was a big positive in the last two games for me. 

I really liked Origins, I'll see how I feel about Odyssey. Not sure yet. 

But I agree the controls got better 

7 hours ago, HardcoreHunter said:

I have all of them. PS4, XboneS, PC, Switch lite, Vita, N3DS

Odd that you're into ghosts but not horror games. 

PC I need to figure out some sort of microphone setup or buy a headset that has a mic. I moved my gaming pc to my bedroom out of my living room and put my weaker pc out there. Did it because it because I don't do well in this 90+ degree heat especially when wearing a headset. My bedroom has an AC in it, though there isn't really anywhere to set up a yeti mic around my bed. Main thing that sucks with the PC hooked up to the TV is that it's a much lower refresh rate. 60hrz when you're used to playing on 144hrz monitors takes some getting used to. 

I was waiting for outter worlds to get on PC, but I might just end up getting it on Xbone instead. It's $30 or less, I'll still hold off see if it goes a bit lower, but I know when it comes out on PC it'll be full price. I don't have a huge amount of PS4 games, most of it are actually some games that I had on the Vita. Though I got my PS4 slim for $50 so either way I figured it was a good buy.  

We have a Switch as well. Xbox One S and Xbox One X. PS4.

Yeah. I love ghost stuff, but not scary games. I don't like all the gore. Same with movies. I'll watch ghost movies, but I'm not watching anything like Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Nope. No way. I'll panic too much.