UnevenEdge

megaman zero/zx legacy collection

Distortedreasoning

• 2 weeks later...

the steam version is probably the ultimate version to get since it lets you play the japanese version with the english subtitles. 

also lets you use the remastered tracks in place of their originals. 

im still playing through zero 1 using my super famicom blue tooth controller which feels very nice for this game. 

• 2 months later...

been taking my time with this one. not very long to play through each game but it does consume some time if you dying in parts over and over again. i should have just used the save anytime feature but im just playing these straight. 

i havent really played much of the special features yet but this thing is jammed packed with so much. anyways im about halfway through zxa and already say i got my moneys worth here. the ports are great quality and the games are all good to play. the zx games included video which was neat and voice acting which was pretty bad but they are now uncompressed and everything comes out clearer. 

anyways i skipped through getting the classic series and x series collection mainly because i already had a collection on the gamecube for both series. and also because the switch version of the classic series did that whole online crap. same with the x series but that series took a big dive in quality after x4. but this one has everything on the cart so no worries there. 

2 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

anyways i skipped through getting the classic series and x series collection mainly because i already had a collection on the gamecube for both series. and also because the switch version of the classic series did that whole online crap. same with the x series but that series took a big dive in quality after x4. but this one has everything on the cart so no worries there. 

I seem to recall something bothering me about the GC versions of those collections. I think it was the button layout and you couldn't change it.

2 hours ago, Soma said:

I seem to recall something bothering me about the GC versions of those collections. I think it was the button layout and you couldn't change it.

i dont remember. its been like a million years since i played thru the collections but you could be right. 

the gamecube controller was also a little bit awkward for the games compared to using a proper 2d pad or even a playstation controller. but prior before that had been probably 10 years since i last played mega man so the control didnt feel that bad for me.