UnevenEdge

For A Healthier Breakfast, Pizza Is There!

From KCCI, Des Moines:

What's better to eat for breakfast: pizza or cereal? Turns out, it's actually pizza.

The nutritionist said it's due to the large amount of sugar found in many cereals.

Pizza may have more fat, but it has less sugar. Thus, Chelsey Amer, MS, RDN, CDN tells "The Daily Meal," you'll have a better chance of avoiding a sugar crash later on.

You may be surprised to find out that an average slice of pizza and a bowl of cereal with whole milk contain nearly the same amount of calories.

Amer, who is based in New York, adds that pizza also has more protein.

Because of that, your appetite would be more satisfied, and you would be more likely to avoid snacking.

I knew I was making the smart choice after all these years! :D

Edited by SnapItCrackItPopIt
  • Thanks 1

On 5/28/2019 at 6:53 PM, SnapItCrackItPopIt said:

From KCCI, Des Moines:

I knew I was making the smart choice after all these years! :D

holy ponies I had both for brunch today!  I wish I were making that up now >.>  

I woke up early, did stuff but didn't eat, then went back to bed and woke up at lunch time to find two boxes of pizza on the stove-top left by our in-house food-fairy, aka Uncle Peter.  Thing is I had already poured a bowl of cereal when I rounded the stove and saw the boxes of pizza.  Deciding it was a fairly small bowl I then grabbed a slice and took both up to my comp.  And now I'm here! 😺🍕🥣

Riveting story, Ino.  You're welcome.

• Haha 1