UnevenEdge

Pop Team Epic OVA is Dubbed

The1gairon

24 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

I guess that means there's only one version? The Japanese had an absolutely ridiculous FOUR different versions!! Since you listed 8 VAs, that seems to indicate that #13 has 2 voices each for Pipimi and Popuko, and #14 has 2 more for each.

Yeah this is odd. They dubbed both versions when the series aired, but they only dubbed one version of the OVA.

4 hours ago, elfie said:

Yeah this is odd. They dubbed both versions when the series aired, but they only dubbed one version of the OVA.

That can't be the case. 8 VAs means 2 for Pipimi and 2 for Popuko in each episode.

Also, I'm assuming Christopher Sabat and Ian Sinclair reprised their roles in the Bob Epic Team segments.

The format is probably exactly the same as the first 12, but only one English Dub exists.

Edited by OwlChemist81

4 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

So... how did the 4-version episodes work, exactly?

Thank god there's just 1 version for each half-episode stateside.

There are actually 2 versions of each half-episode dubbed, just like the series as it aired on Toonami.

As for how the Japanese version worked, this might shed some light on that:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pop_Team_Epic

1 hour ago, OwlChemist81 said:

That can't be the case. 8 VAs means 2 for Pipimi and 2 for Popuko in each episode.

Also, I'm assuming Christopher Sabat and Ian Sinclair reprised their roles in the Bob Epic Team segments.

The format is probably exactly the same as the first 12, but only one English Dub exists.

We may be using two ways of counting the same thing.