UnevenEdge

Goku, Bulma and Vegeta look incredible for their ages

mochi

when Goku met Bulma he was 12, she was 16 and Vegeta was 19 (apparently Vegeta is canonically 3 years older than her)

someone said Goku is 39 in super, which makes Bulma 43 and Vegeta 46

none of them look that old, especially not Bulma and Vegeta

also, Piccolo isn't much older than Gohan believe it or not, Namekians just mature faster than humans

Bulma herself bemoans Goku and Vegeta's still youthful appearance at the end of the Buu arc of DBZ, after the 10 year timeskip. And thus far still after all of Dragon Ball Super timeline wise. Vegeta explicitly states saiyans age slower than humans in response. As for Bulma herself eh, I'm sure there are plenty 43 or whatever year old milfs.

Keep in mind too that Piccolo has eternal youth from his father, also brought up after that 10 year timeskip at the end of Z. This time by Gohan.

In Battle Of Gods, Bulma accidentally says she's 38.

But that has to be a mistranslation (Mai says she's 31 in that movie, which is WAY off). In Goku's case: He's 12 during the 21st Martial Arts Tournament, three years pass between that and the 22nd which makes him 16 there, 19 at the end of Dragon Ball, 20 at Gohan's birth, and 24 at the beginning of the Saiyan Saga. Counting all the years he's been dead, he's 25 during Namek, 26 at Trunks, 29 at Androids / Cell, and 36 for Buu.

Add the 3.5 year time-skip between the end of Z and the beginning of Super, that would indeed make Goku 39 and Bulma 43.

Bulma still looking the way she does makes no sense until you remember that she is wealthy and rich people always have the money to make themselves look younger.

But natrually, she should be looking older by now.

And don't get me started on Krillin.... the guy looks like a baby now.

In Battle Of Gods, Bulma accidentally says she's 38.

But that has to be a mistranslation (Mai says she's 31 in that movie, which is WAY off). In Goku's case: He's 12 during the 21st Martial Arts Tournament, three years pass between that and the 22nd which makes him 16 there, 19 at the end of Dragon Ball, 20 at Gohan's birth, and 24 at the beginning of the Saiyan Saga. Counting all the years he's been dead, he's 25 during Namek, 26 at Trunks, 29 at Androids / Cell, and 36 for Buu.

Add the 3.5 year time-skip between the end of Z and the beginning of Super, that would indeed make Goku 39 and Bulma 43.

Mai was in her late 20's or 30's during classic DB, that isn't just inaccurate it implies the writers don't even know anything about the character's history

Bulma herself bemoans Goku and Vegeta's still youthful appearance at the end of the Buu arc of DBZ, after the 10 year timeskip. And thus far still after all of Dragon Ball Super timeline wise. Vegeta explicitly states saiyans age slower than humans in response. As for Bulma herself eh, I'm sure there are plenty 43 or whatever year old milfs.

Keep in mind too that Piccolo has eternal youth from his father, also brought up after that 10 year timeskip at the end of Z. This time by Gohan.

I think he actually says the same thing to Goku in Super at some point, based on screenshots Goku points out he and Vegeta still look pretty great for their age and Vegeta tells him Saiyans retain their physical peak longer than humans so they probably won't show signs of aging until they get much older

Now sure, but everyone else really did look older at the end of Z in 1995 where Vegeta first mentions it...except Piccolo and Buu I guess.

yeah, Chichi and Bulma had smile lines, Mr. Satan was balding, Dende was taller and Krillin had salt & Pepper hair

18, Yamcha, Roshi, Gohan Videl Piccolo and Buu however looked exactly the same age wise (all Toriyama did to 18 was give her a pixie cut)

yeah, Chichi and Bulma had smile lines, Mr. Satan was balding, Dende was taller and Krillin had salt & Pepper hair

18, Yamcha, Roshi, Gohan Videl Piccolo and Buu however looked exactly the same age wise (all Toriyama did to 18 was give her a pixie cut)

In Gohan's and Videl's case, most people in their mid to late 20's don't look that much different than in their late teens.

In Gohan's and Videl's case, most people in their mid to late 20's don't look that much different than in their late teens.

speaking of Gohan and VIdel....how old are they in Super?, because in the Buu Saga they were 16 and Super doesn't appear to be set very long after that

That's another thing that bothers me, about Videl...

She was a hardcore tomboy in the Buu arc, but by the Beerus arc, which only takes place 6 months after the Buu arc, she's this super-girly stay-at-home wife.

I mean... that's a pretty abrupt change.

That's another thing that bothers me, about Videl...

She was a hardcore tomboy in the Buu arc, but by the Beerus arc, which only takes place 6 months after the Buu arc, she's this super-girly stay-at-home wife.

I mean... that's a pretty abrupt change.

I don't particularly like Videl's hair style in Super.  I liked that messy cut (or even the long hair) she had in DBZ.

Then again, there isn't much I like about Super, so I don't find this surprising.