UnevenEdge

Play it again, TOM! (Seasons with 2nd runs on Toonami)

OwlChemist81

Thought it might be a good idea to make a thread of all the shows in which at least one full season has gotten a rerun on Toonami, or will rerun on Toonami, and it IS a pretty exclusive club!

• Deadman Wonderland
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • Ghost In The Shell
  • FMA Brotherhood
  • IGPX
  • Sym-Bionic Titan
  • FLCL
  • Attack on Titan (All 2.5 seasons)
  • Kill la Kill
  • Parasyte -the maxim-
  • One-Punch Man
  • Samurai Jack (Season 5)
  • FLCL Progressive
  • My Hero Academia (Season 1)
  • FLCL Alternative
  • Lupin the 3rd Part 4
  • Pop Team Epic

I was pleasantly surprised at the time to be able to add Lupin, PTE, and Gundam to this list. Never thought when they were premiering that Toonami would dare to rerun them. Another shocker at the time was that Akame ga KILL!! was snubbed over Parasyte, though Parasyte IS the better show!

Let me know if I've missed anything!

EDIT: Unfortunately, I have had to remove Gundam IBO Season 2 from this list, because it was discontinued on February 9th, making it officially the first rerun that hasn't been allowed to reach its season ending in 4 years.

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

It is one of my many firm beliefs that Toonami only aired Akame ga KILL! because it was part of a package deal to get Parasyte.

You're probably right about that! Meanwhile, Dimension W has the interesting distinction of being the only 12-episode series, season, or stand-alone half-season (that includes AOT S3A) never to get a marathon or a rerun on Toonami. I'm willing to bet Mob and MegaloBox will next year. 

Edited by OwlChemist81

Turns out I missed a couple: Season 5 of Samurai Jack got a couple of marathons, plus My Hero Academia Season 1 got a marathon.

Dragon Ball Super doesn't make the list because it's somewhat undefined what constitutes a "season" of DBS. Theoretically we are still in Season 1! There have been marathons but they don't cover a whole season by far.