UnevenEdge

RIGHTS LOSS WATCH: Kill la Kill and SAO II

OwlChemist81

Kill la Kill first aired on Toonami on 2/7/15, which means that if Aniplex shows have 2-year deals, it's done on 2/7/17.

Previously, Toonami lost the rights to Blue Exorcist on 2/22/16, and Gurren Lagann also went on that date. So that means SAO II COULD disappear then too.

HOWEVER, neither show is showing any signs of slowing down, unlike the 1-year deal Sentai shows:

Kill la Kill is streaming episodes 8-15 and 19-21 for a total of 11 episodes.

SAO II is streaming episodes 1-6, 11-14, and 24, also for a total of 11 episodes.

I guess we'll just have to see what happens with these shows as 2/7/17 gets closer! Perhaps they'll even each both get a farewell weekday streaming run of their last 10 episodes? That would be nice!

Is this seriously neccessary? And why does SAO II even need a rewatch to begin with?

Instead of reliving these old shows again, you could be searching for fresh new content to consume, much like I do.

Personally I don't see anything wrong with a bit of nostalgia for older shows, especially if it's been a while since you've seen them.

I DO have to question it in this case, though.  There really isn't too much redeeming about SAO II for me to want to see it again, and Kill la KIll, for as good as it was, got two full runs on Toonami, and only left the block about a year ago.  I say let the rights expire and be done with them.

Kill la Kill first aired on Toonami on 2/7/15, which means that if Aniplex shows have 2-year deals, it's done on 2/7/17.

Previously, Toonami lost the rights to Blue Exorcist on 2/22/16, and Gurren Lagann also went on that date. So that means SAO II COULD disappear then too.

HOWEVER, neither show is showing any signs of slowing down, unlike the 1-year deal Sentai shows:

Kill la Kill is streaming episodes 8-15 and 19-21 for a total of 11 episodes.

SAO II is streaming episodes 1-6, 11-14, and 24, also for a total of 11 episodes.

I guess we'll just have to see what happens with these shows as 2/7/17 gets closer! Perhaps they'll even each both get a farewell weekday streaming run of their last 10 episodes? That would be nice!

the rights to SAO will probably be renewed due to the upcoming live action American remake series.....unless the network the remake is gonna air on buys the rights

Personally I don't see anything wrong with a bit of nostalgia for older shows, especially if it's been a while since you've seen them.

To a point, I agree with that, but the Toonami regulars on the former ASMB and now the UEMB don't seem to want to watch anything new except for what airs on the block.

You're catering to the mentally handicapped SAO fans?

When does Ordinal Scale come to theaters? March 9th, right? If Toonami didn't acquire KILL la KILL and SAO 2 at the same time, then theoretically SAO 2 leaves Toonami on 3/28/17, assuming it also had a 2-year deal. Now March 9th, SAO OS's premiere date is a Thursday night. I could see SAO 2 getting a similar treatment to this, with episodes 15-19 playing from 3/6-3/8/17, and 20-24 playing 3/8-3/10/17. Of course commercials for the movie would be programmed into the stream like they did for the video game the last time SAO played on the stream back in October. That would be a wise move for the branch of [as]/Toonami who runs the marathon stream!