UnevenEdge

💀Watching Beetlejuice Again On IFC💀

PurgatoryGirl

Brings back childhood memories and gives me the sudden urge to go looking for my talking Beetlejuice doll from 30 years ago.

This doll would make for a really good stress reliever, right now. I kinda miss winding Beetlejuice's head around and making it spin like the girl's head from The Exorcist.

Bwahahahahaha!!! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!😂

Edited by PurgatoryGirl
  • Like 1

I don't fuck with IFC anymore. The commercials annoyed me at first, but I understood that they needed that money. What pissed me off was them lying about not cutting movies for time which they fucking do. Totally killed the vibe while watching The Protector and the best fucking fight scene was shortened >:(. They also put in zero fucking effort of knowing where to place commercial breaks during action movies. 

Beetlejuice is still awesome. I didn't expect it to age as well as it did and keep meaning to watch the cartoon again.

• Like 1

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm not a fan of the commercial breaks either. When IFC used to air Speed Grapher, Witchblade, and Season 1 of Hell Girl, I watched it more.

Nowadays, I only watch IFC when it happens to air a movie I haven't seen in years. Otherwise, it's very rare that I watch the network anymore.

Like most cable and satellite networks today, they no longer have much of any integrity.

As far as Beetlejuice goes, I noticed that the character was more antagonistic and perverted in the film, and that Lydia Deetz was more like a suicidal Goth Girl.

In the cartoon, Beetlejuice was more toned down and Lydia was more like an optimistic Goth. I suppose ABC was trying to make the cartoon "child friendly."

Edited by PurgatoryGirl